New 1 WR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm not following, but I'm certain this is a setup for a Kellen Moore post.
I don’t even know what I’m saying, Kai. :laugh:

But yeah, this can be a K Moore template if you so choose :)

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Do people ever stop *****ing?

Terrance Williams will never be a #1. Ever. In his entire career, unless a team faces an injury, he will not ever be mistaken for a #1 WR.

Never.

That doesn't mean he's "terrible" either which some people love to say if he has a poor game. Or say he needs to be cut. Or say we should have signed a FA over him. Or any number of stupid things.

He's a decent #2. That's what he is. And Cowboys fans should notate that. He will never be Dez Bryant, never command the attention Dez Bryant gets, never make the plays Dez Bryant makes in the redzone.

And that's perfectly fine.

I agreed with you till that last sentence. Great game....for TWill, considering his talent. As a receiver background myself, how Butler gets a pass here is beyond me.

We could use an upgrade at WR, and I don't really want to go into Dez and TWill argument. We need another guy out there.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
When TWill sees a CB, S, and buzzing LB down in and down out let me know. As Romo pointed out, Dak still hasn't figured out how to throw Dez a ball he could highpoint.
This. I don't think Dez is as good as he was a few years ago, but Dak has trouble putting the ball where he can get it, especially for longer yardage plays.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I hope this pushes Dez. T Will showed us all something today.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
They have changed the way they are calling the games lately. Both TWill and Dez have been running routes designed for RAC. They both excel in that area. It’s amazing it has taken this long since many on this board have been calling for that for a long time. Get your playmakers in positions to make plays and good things tend to happen.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Can’t wait for advancements in technology to occur that will allow us to slap message board posters with a virtual hand.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So pathetic how some fans defend Dez. Overrated, overpaid, consistently underperforms.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen...I know you’re not the biggest Dez fan, that’s okay but...

Don’t you think the catch percentage has something to do with the targets he gets?

I don’t see Beasley or TWill being thrown jump balls against double coverage in the end zone. It’s insane to compare the players...TWill caught some slants that hit him in the numbers, Beasley catches 5 yard outs. Dez attempts to catch jump balls against double coverage. He gets those targets because he has made those catches in the past but him and Dak dont have that chemistry in live games yet.

You sound like the kind of guy that thinks Sam Bradford is a better QB than Drew Brees because Bradford throws a bunch of high percentage passes to increase his stats. We both know stats can lie.

Dez is a different type of receiver than anyone on this roster and Dak and him have some chemistry issues. That does not mean that Dez is not a very talented receiver.

Your main issue is the money Dez makes...I get that but...the more I look around the league the more I see that wide receivers in general are a very overvalued. Julio Jones isn’t performing up to his deal, he’s allergic to the end zone and dropped a perfect touchdown today that could’ve won the game. AJ Green and Mike Evans gets in fist fights and have no effect on wins and losses if their QBs have bad games. Antonio Brown is a great receiver but he has proven to be average when Ben is not in the lineup.

Hopefully Dak and Dez build the chesmistry that Romo has with Dez so we can see those catches that amazed us before...it may take time. Romo today said him and Dez worked on certain throws for years before they worked right.
Have you looked at Percy's stats?

The same problem existed with Romo to Dez in Romo's last couple of years.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's probably time to start over with these receivers.

At first I put a lot of blame on Dak (and he still gets some), but these receivers aren't the hands team they were a few years ago. Brice Butler can be counted on for a big play here or there, but he will absolutely drop catchable balls. No idea why they even go to him on 3rd down.

Bryant and Butler should probably be replaced moving forward. Unfortunately, we could take a large hit and release/trade him next year. It would be the wise decision to make, especially if we can still get any value for him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we can all agree that Dez isn't performing at a number one level and know where near the pay is getting.
I would give Twill the rest of the year to prove he's legit number one.
Butler's just not Dependable enough to be an NFL receiver in my opinion.

Dez can be used inside as a solid number 2 move the chains guy but his got to take a reduced salary.
But we may have to spend some draft day ducats to get a speed guy with actual hands.
Teams are more worried about taking Beasley away than anybody else on the field that should tell you something right there

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
You must not watch the games if you believe that.
Funny I was thinking the same about you. Let’s just start with yesterday. How many of those empty targets were legitimately on Dez? Maybe two and that’s assuming he should make the catch w the sun in his eyes and the one where Parker blew him up. An objective observer can’t fault him on the other three missed connections.

But you simply lack the objectivity necessary when it comes to Dez

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to see more of Noah Brown going forward.

He's got 1 catch for 13 yards against the Cards.

Who has to be inactive for him to play? I'm not sure, but I'd like to see more playing time for this kid.

Probably Butler would be the guy inactive for Brown.

Terrance Williams is barely a 2 let alone a 1. He is wildly inconsistent.