New 1 WR

robjay04

Reaction score
Really almost everyone looked good at receiver today. Dez had his usual poor catch percentage, but that's not a new phenomenon. Williams was 9 for 9. Beas 4 for 6.

Dez pulled the average catch rate down, but that has become the norm.

Listen...I know you’re not the biggest Dez fan, that’s okay but...

Don’t you think the catch percentage has something to do with the targets he gets?

I don’t see Beasley or TWill being thrown jump balls against double coverage in the end zone. It’s insane to compare the players...TWill caught some slants that hit him in the numbers, Beasley catches 5 yard outs. Dez attempts to catch jump balls against double coverage. He gets those targets because he has made those catches in the past but him and Dak dont have that chemistry in live games yet.

You sound like the kind of guy that thinks Sam Bradford is a better QB than Drew Brees because Bradford throws a bunch of high percentage passes to increase his stats. We both know stats can lie.

Dez is a different type of receiver than anyone on this roster and Dak and him have some chemistry issues. That does not mean that Dez is not a very talented receiver.

Your main issue is the money Dez makes...I get that but...the more I look around the league the more I see that wide receivers in general are a very overvalued. Julio Jones isn’t performing up to his deal, he’s allergic to the end zone and dropped a perfect touchdown today that could’ve won the game. AJ Green and Mike Evans gets in fist fights and have no effect on wins and losses if their QBs have bad games. Antonio Brown is a great receiver but he has proven to be average when Ben is not in the lineup.

Hopefully Dak and Dez build the chesmistry that Romo has with Dez so we can see those catches that amazed us before...it may take time. Romo today said him and Dez worked on certain throws for years before they worked right.

Verdict

Reaction score

Don’t you think the catch percentage has something to do with the targets he gets?

I don’t see Beasley or TWill being thrown jump balls against double coverage in the end zone. It’s insane to compare the players...TWill caught some slants that hit him in the numbers, Beasley catches 5 yard outs. Dez attempts to catch jump balls against double coverage. He gets those targets because he has made those catches in the past but him and Dak dont have that chemistry in live games yet.

You sound like the kind of guy that thinks Sam Bradford is a better QB than Drew Brees because Bradford throws a bunch of high percentage passes to increase his stats. We both know stats can lie.

Dez is a different type of receiver than anyone on this roster and Dak and him have some chemistry issues. That does not mean that Dez is not a very talented receiver.

Your main issue is the money Dez makes...I get that but...the more I look around the league the more I see that wide receivers in general are a very overvalued. Julio Jones isn’t performing up to his deal, he’s allergic to the end zone and dropped a perfect touchdown today that could’ve won the game. AJ Green and Mike Evans gets in fist fights and have no effect on wins and losses if their QBs have bad games. Antonio Brown is a great receiver but he has proven to be average when Ben is not in the lineup.

Hopefully Dak and Dez build the chesmistry that Romo has with Dez so we can see those catches that amazed us before...it may take time. Romo today said him and Dez worked on certain throws for years before they worked right.

This is a very reasonable, thought provoking post and I will respond to it as such.

Yes. Some of Dez' catch rate has to do with the passes thrown to him (poor passes) and also the type of passes thrown to him. So it's not all on Dez. On the other hand I personally believe the variety of passes thrown to Dez are based on his inability to run precise routes. That part is on Dez.

While I agree that TWill and Beasley get passes that "hit them in the numbers" I think that is a function of them getting open, which Dez doesn't do often enough. He is open at times but not often enough for a $17 million dollar receiver who is often facing single coverage.

I agree that Dez is very talented at catching jump balls thrown precisely to him. But he is doing nothing to increase his proficiency and hone his craft. Why do we want Dak to get good enough to thread the needle, but not demand that Dez improve his craft. It's totally lazy on Dez' part.

I do agree stats lie. In fact they sometimes suggest the opposite of what the truth is. Stats don't mean a lot to me in most cases.

Yes Dez is making far too much money. But the part that burns my *** is that he doesn't do anything to improve his craft and he whines and makes excuses like a little ***** when he isn't the focal point of the offense. He doesn't deserve to be the focal point of the offense.

Manster74

Reaction score
In my opinion, Dak seems more comfortable when Dez is not in the game. It's like he feels like he has to throw it his way when he's in there. I could be wrong of course.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I still say you dont need to have a WR1 to win a super bowl...

That money should be spent on defense... his contract could have paid for a saftey and maybe another LB

dwreck27

Reaction score
With defense keying on Zeke and doubling Dez and Bease, T. Will should be going off like that every week.

Cowboys fans logic "Bro their Bracketing Dez and Bease! and they also have an 8 man box to stop Zeke!!!"

So you have 4 guys keyed into 2 wideouts and a stacked box with 8 guys loaded up? that equals 12 when you can only have 11 men on the field. does not compute

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
When TWill sees a CB, S, and buzzing LB down in and down out let me know. As Romo pointed out, Dak still hasn't figured out how to throw Dez a ball he could highpoint.
We need a “Fuzzy’s Thought’s” this week, good sir.

It’s high time, and this win deserves your time :)

And Dez, minus a key drop, was a key cog in our win (despite my ranting and raving in the GDT; but I have extraordinary cache with Dez Beast, so whatevs).

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You guys ever take a massive, massive **** in the toilet and marvel that it came out of your body?

The ones that take like half a roll of toilet paper and you curse yourself for wasting money?

Happens to me all the time. It’s acutally the way I gauge how hydrated I am.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Do people ever stop *****ing?

Terrance Williams will never be a #1. Ever. In his entire career, unless a team faces an injury, he will not ever be mistaken for a #1 WR.

Never.

That doesn't mean he's "terrible" either which some people love to say if he has a poor game. Or say he needs to be cut. Or say we should have signed a FA over him. Or any number of stupid things.

He's a decent #2. That's what he is. And Cowboys fans should notate that. He will never be Dez Bryant, never command the attention Dez Bryant gets, never make the plays Dez Bryant makes in the redzone.

And that's perfectly fine.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TWill looked like a #1 WR with 141 yards.

Dez has not looked like a #1 WR all season and has not had 100 yards in a game despite a high number of targets.

Yeah. Not like 88 opened a ton of that up for him or that the Chefs have a crap defense

Plumfool

Reaction score

This x this= this

Kaiser

Reaction score
You guys ever take a massive, massive **** in the toilet and marvel that it came out of your body?

The ones that take like half a roll of toilet paper and you curse yourself for wasting money?

Happens to me all the time. It’s acutally the way I gauge how hydrated I am.

I'm not following, but I'm certain this is a setup for a Kellen Moore post.