New 1 WR

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez is the best contested catch receiver in the league and that's all he is. We don't have a QB who can give him those jump balls so all his warts are showing.

But Terrance Williams? Eeeew. He's never even been a consistent 2 with coverage rolled toward Dez all these years.

Get new receivers.

Fontaine

Reaction score
The problem with twill is just as soon as you think he has it figured out he does something boneheaded, or has a ball fly through his hands and bounce off his chest for an incompletion. However he did play great yesterday, credit where due.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You guys ever take a massive, massive **** in the toilet and marvel that it came out of your body?

The ones that take like half a roll of toilet paper and you curse yourself for wasting money?

Happens to me all the time. It’s acutally the way I gauge how hydrated I am.

#83 lit it up! And it was awesome, #88 was clutch in the first half in key 3rd down conversions ,man, it looked like he had to vertical jump 14' to snag that catch he pulled down in the second half, #19 was a disappointment to me as the ones that were his to catch evaded him ,Dak rifled that end zone bullet with to much right angle leade,that one wasn't on #19,,,same for #88 on another high pass, #11 was clutch and came to play, but when it's red hot and rolling like #83 got, you kick the pedal down and feed that focused fiend, you could tell he was in the "ZONE" and he was grooving to it;)

The above pulled quote pretty much had nothing to do with the formulation of my observations, except maybe finally enjoying seeing a return on your investment,,, whether it was a 3 lb green chili bean &cheese burrito colon blaster you forgot you ate the day before, or, key position paid players finally producing ,,,er,,,and,,,well,,,I thought it was pretty funny reading it:lmao:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
In my opinion, Dak seems more comfortable when Dez is not in the game. It's like he feels like he has to throw it his way when he's in there. I could be wrong of course.
I don't think you're wrong at all Manster, we all know Dak is interception adverse and some of those deep 50/50 jump contested balls many of our fellow forum members laud #88 for, has got to be (at least subconsciously) giving Dak negative feedback ,Which is probably the basic reason for the seemingly out of tune/ un-synchronized rapporto_O
:thumbup:

robjay04

Reaction score
Have you looked at Percy's stats?

The same problem existed with Romo to Dez in Romo's last couple of years.

2014, they were lights out.

They have played 1 complete game together since then.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
TWill looked like a #1 WR with 141 yards.

Dez has not looked like a #1 WR all season and has not had 100 yards in a game despite a high number of targets.
Just remember, TWill doesn’t get the attention Dez get and still never had a game like that until yesterday. We still need either a super speedy WR that keeps the safety over the top or a kid that runs great routes and gets open.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Someone's probably already said it, but Williams reminded me a bit of Miles Austin yesterday.

Hopefully he keeps it going.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Terrance played a great game yesterday and once again showed how important he is to this team. I know he's not a perfect player but he's the receiver that is the one that usually makes the big play downfield or gets behind the defense. I've always liked the way he's blocked for the running game too. And I know he's "The Body Catcher" but I'll take that on every play over Brice Butler.

irishline

Reaction score
Dez exited the game and TWill made some plays.

That's great. What happened to his making plays then during October when he had a 8 catches for 84 yards during the whole month?

Timmy Smith once ran for 204 yards and 2 touchdowns in a Superbowl. By the logic of the OP he should be one of the top running backs in NFL history.

conner01

Reaction score
TWill looked like a #1 WR with 141 yards.

Dez has not looked like a #1 WR all season and has not had 100 yards in a game despite a high number of targets.
Well most of the season fans have wanted to replace him
Used properly he and dez can be more effective
I see more crossing stuff lately and I’ve always thought these two are guys you just want to get the ball in their hands
Williams is a good open field runner and dez is a physical runner

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrance played a great game yesterday and once again showed how important he is to this team. I know he's not a perfect player but he's the receiver that is the one that usually makes the big play downfield or gets behind the defense. I've always liked the way he's blocked for the running game too. And I know he's "The Body Catcher" but I'll take that on every play over Brice Butler.

Actually he's not the player that usually makes the big play down field.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
It's great to see T-Will displaying such intense mojo for a change.

Here's hoping we'll all be seeing some more of it in the future. :)

Not so sure what got into him to be so dynamic. I'd just like more.

He was matched against their worst CB, and was given a huge cushion on almost every play.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
You guys ever take a massive, massive **** in the toilet and marvel that it came out of your body?

The ones that take like half a roll of toilet paper and you curse yourself for wasting money?

Happens to me all the time. It’s acutally the way I gauge how hydrated I am.
:rolleyes:

dfense

Reaction score
Romo went out of his way to explain how teams rotate the safety to Dez most of the time. Beasley's first TD was an excellent example of this. Safety vacated his area to take the slant away from Dez and Beasley capitalized. T Williams had single coverage all day and KC never adjusted. If anything, it's about damn time Linehan has started to aggressively exploit this more.