New Cowboys Controversy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055765 said:
I would say Lil Wayne is enforcing them, not her.

I would agree but if you've seen Lil' Wayne these past 2 years he doesn't dress like that anymore.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055773 said:
Ayyyy i'm not calling for her to be fired. I hope the NAACP and other black activists don't get involved. There are bigger and more important issues going on in this country. But I am glad she's received some form of criticism for these actions so that people including herself won't make the same mistake again.

:lmao2:

What freakin' mistake?

Dressing up like a rapper???

Good Lord, this is ridiculous.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055773 said:
Ayyyy i'm not calling for her to be fired. I hope the NAACP and other black activists don't get involved. There are bigger and more important issues going on in this country. But I am glad she's received some form of criticism for these actions so that people including herself won't make the same mistake again.

This has been barely a ripple in the news, I don't think it'll blow up.

Spectre

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055773 said:
actually, I'm going to wear the same costume next year.
it's a good costume.
And I guarantee both my white and black friends will laugh and say it's awesome.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055749 said:
I wonder if he'd have a problem with a black person dressing up as a famous white person and putting on white make up?

Or maybe this..

white-chicks.jpg

I was offended by that as well. But it was because the film was horrible lol.

But like Boyz brought up there's history with black face. White face? Not so much.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055778 said:
I would agree but if you've seen Lil' Wayne these past 2 years he doesn't dress like that anymore.

And people don't do black face anymore in the context you are trying to make it either.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rocyaice;3055773 said:
Agreed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Spectre;3055782 said:
actually, I'm going to wear the same costume next year.
it's a good costume.
And I guarantee both my white and black friends will laugh and say it's awesome.

Its fine. But if you come around where I grew up and pulled that off? It would get ugly REAL fast. It would not be pleasant at all. Some things you just shouldn't do in life. That's one of them. I encourage you if you do it though do it around Cowboys cheerleaders.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055763 said:
I'm well aware of Lil' Wayne's appearance but it doesn't escape the fact that its offensive. Offensive to me? Not so much. But I replied to this thread understanding why their is controversy. You just can't do things like this. I know you can justify it. I know you can post up pictures of black people dressed like her. But not is acceptable about the way Lil' Wayne portrays himself.

Then your problem is with lil wayne not the cheerleader who accurately portrayed him on halloween

Spectre

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055794 said:
Its fine. But if you come around where I grew up and pulled that off? It would get ugly REAL fast. It would not be pleasant at all. Some things you just shouldn't do in life. That's one of them. I encourage you if you do it though do it around Cowboys cheerleaders.
yawn*

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055794 said:

Do you think that this statement says more about where you're from or more about where those who don't see this as much of anything are from?

aikemirv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055767 said:
No, I don't think they were thinking one person at all.

It was directed towards black stereotypes as a whole. It was vicious, mean-spirited, ignorant and showed ones bigotry.

Thank heaven for that. Maybe we are evolving past the hatred and bigotry when "hatred and bigotry" is not the first thing we think of.

I don't feel this girl had any bigotry in her heart at all, nor in her choice of halloween costume.

Exactly, she did not even think that it would offend a single black person. She is in the photo with two other black ladies! Did she know about "black face" - probably not - I doubt many white - just beyond teenage years would have a clue about it.

If the majority of society does not even think twice about a black person dressing white or a white person dressing black then I think we should be thankful that we are getting past "skin color" as a way of judging people!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
TheCount;3055771 said:
He "portrays" himself a lot of ways.

medium_LILWAYNE29.JPG

293.lil.wayne.102208.jpg

His "stage presence" was the obvious persona she was dressed up as. That IS how he looks and dresses on stage, her costume was accurate. It was not "black face" as it has been called unless we are now reffering to anyone putting on black makeup as being in blackface

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055776 said:
Agreed. And we've moved beyond that. At least some have.

So Cajun what is your point? We should be allowed to wear black face? I don't follow you. You guys keep saying we should move past it. Its not that easy. You are aware that just 40 years ago some blacks couldn't even vote? I mean I want to get past it but i'd like to think we've gotten past painting ourselves black and putting diamonds in our mouth. And when I say that I say that not only for people trying to "dress up" as Lil' Wayne but for Lil' Wayne himself. It seems he's gotten past it a little bit anyway.

Cajuncowboy;3055780 said:

What freakin' mistake?

Dressing up like a rapper???

Good Lord, this is ridiculous.

The mistake was going out in public and painting herself black with dreadlocks, diamond teeth and fake tatt's. That's where the mistake was. If you don't see it fine. I don't expect you to see. You've gotten over it.

kmp77

Reaction score
DaveChappele.JPG

"This just in. It's 2009 and people don't wear 'black face' anymore. People wear white makeup or black makeup to look like characters. White people wear black makeup for the same reasons those dumb Wyens brothers did, for entertainment value. Wait, urgent news, this just in. 99% of the world thinks the Wayens should appologize to the world for that movie."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BigDFan5;3055814 said:
His "stage presence" was the obvious persona she was dressed up as. That IS how he looks and dresses on stage, her costume was accurate. It was not "black face" as it has been called unless we are now reffering to anyone putting on black makeup as being in blackface

MUSIC+Tour+Lil+Wayne+Special+Guests+NQsE4LTH6lhl.jpg

lil-wayne%2812-31-08%29_0007.jpg

He's a "rocker" now. Wayne dressed like this girl did 4 years ago.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BigDFan5;3055814 said:

When he's on stage? You mean like this:

MUSIC+Tour+Lil+Wayne+Special+Guests+-In1gh1gJMel.jpg

or this

83432417_10.jpg

He's turned into a total hipster. I'm sure he runs around with his shirt off still, and since he's covered in tatoos you're going to see those, but this whole he "portrays" himself as a stereotype this is bunk unless that stereotype is that he dresses in whatever is trendy whether it's gangster or hipsters.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
kmp77;3055818 said:
DaveChappele.JPG

"This just in. It's 2009 and people don't wear 'black face' anymore. People wear white makeup or black makeup to look like characters. White people wear black makeup for the same reasons those dumb Wyens brothers did, for entertainment value. Wait, urgent news, this just in. 99% of the world thinks the Wayens should appologize to the world for that movie."