New Cowboys Controversy

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055630 said:
Controversy? Have you ever heard of...............

blacked%20band2.JPG

She's in black face. I'm shocked so many people are "yawning". Its not even about the Cowboys at this point. I find it more sad that its 2009 and we're still doing black face like its acceptable.

rocyaice;3055635 said:
She's in black face. That's why its controversial. Some still look down on such in this country.

She is not in "Black Face"... she's dressed as a black person...

I find it ironic that this article was written by a Latino man yet he had no issues with other pics from the party...

Such as this:

500x_custom_1257023192520_dc_cheerleader7.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3055807 said:
Do you think that this statement says more about where you're from or more about where those who don't see this as much of anything are from?

I think it says something about both parties. Maybe we should get over it. But maybe those should take in account of how others feel about such acts like dressing up with "brown face".

BigDFan5;3055804 said:
Then your problem is with lil wayne not the cheerleader who accurately portrayed him on halloween

I've stated as such. Lil Wayne is the root of the problem. But that still does't mean that every Tom, Dick and Jane should go out and portray him for Halloween lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
trickblue;3055837 said:
She is not in "Black Face"... she's dressed as a black person...

I find it ironic that this article was written by a Latino man yet he had no issues with other pics from the party...

Such as this:

500x_custom_1257023192520_dc_cheerleader7.jpg

So what is black face? Or what WAS black face? When people painted their faces black they just did it for the heck of it? They didn't do it to portray a particular race or person?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055693 said:
Her intentions weren't malicious I don't think but it doesn't matter. She went out of her way to make herself black. That's where the controversy is at. You just can't do that. Even in 2009. Its not about imitating to be a rapper. If it was Eminem she was portraying there would be no problem.

Let me tell you what people see when they look at her. They see every single black stereotype there is. From the diamond teeth, to the wife beater to the hat, to the tattoo's? Its just tasteless. And then to paint yourself black? That's where the controversy is. I'm not sayiing we should be in a uproar about it but I am a bit shocked by the nonchalant attitude people are giving this. But I can't say that i'm shocked. Some don't know the history.

Does this offend you?
fred_armisen.jpg

How 'bout this?
white_eddie_murphy.jpg

Or maybe this?
zulu-krewe-mardi-gras_45240974.jpg

'Cus the second one I'm pretty sure you can figure out. Should white people be offended?

The last pic is the Zulu Krewe at Mardi Gras, and behind all those guys in "black face", are guess what, BLACK GUYS. And guess what they throw off those floats.... COCONUTS!

Your argument is rediculious!!

Spectre

Reaction score
I hope ghosts everywhere aren't angry with me because for halloween I wore a sheet and they don't really look like that.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055798 said:
I don't follow. People don't do black face at all anymore.

To be in character yes, not in a disparaging way anymore.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055838 said:
I think it says something about both parties. Maybe we should get over it. But maybe those should take in account of how others feel about such acts like dressing up with "brown face".

I've stated as such. Lil Wayne is the root of the problem. But that still does't mean that every Tom, Dick and Jane should go out and portray him for Halloween lol.

This, to me, does not hold up to scrutiny, unless your advocating that nobody should dress up like any other ethnic group. Is this what you are advocating?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055840 said:
So what do you consider we call it? "Brown Face"?

I consider it her dressing as Lil Wayne.

Only someone looking for something to get offended about would see anything else.

I think you are the one who has a problem with racial topics.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Spectre;3055843 said:
:lmao2:

Man, these cheerleaders skate on thin ice.

Yeah seriously, they are making some pretty boneheaded decisions with those costume choices. :laugh2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3055849 said:
Does this offend you?
fred_armisen.jpg

How 'bout this?
white_eddie_murphy.jpg

Or maybe this?

'Cus the second one I'm pretty sure you can figure out. Should white people be offended?

The last pic is the Zulu Krewe at Mardi Gras, and behind all those guys in "black face", are guess what, BLACK GUYS. And guess what they throw off those floats.... COCONUTS!

No i'm not offened. Why should I be?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Think about what's going on here. Are we seriously going to start getting offended about costumes people wear on a day that is specifically designed for people to dress up in costumes?

Really?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055815 said:
So Cajun what is your point? We should be allowed to wear black face? I don't follow you. You guys keep saying we should move past it. Its not that easy. You are aware that just 40 years ago some blacks couldn't even vote? I mean I want to get past it but i'd like to think we've gotten past painting ourselves black and putting diamonds in our mouth. And when I say that I say that not only for people trying to "dress up" as Lil' Wayne but for Lil' Wayne himself. It seems he's gotten past it a little bit anyway.

The mistake was going out in public and painting herself black with dreadlocks, diamond teeth and fake tatt's. That's where the mistake was. If you don't see it fine. I don't expect you to see. You've gotten over it.

My point is you are looking for victim status over something that wasn't intended to be harmful. You want to make an issue out of something just to make an issue out of it. My point is that as you said, four decades ago we had problems. Now we don't. But you want to bring them back apparently.

If you have a problem with diamonds in ones teeth, then take it up with the one who has them, not someone attempting to portray that person at a Halloween party.

The mistake you see is someone dressing up like someone who dresses up like that all the time. So she wanted to be as close to authentic as possible. Kuddos to her for her efforts.

I strongly advise you to get some thicker skin, my friend because you are in for a long hard life of being offended if this bothers you.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3055849 said:

Uh, you have no clue what the Krewe of Zulu are, do you?

Spectre

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055862 said:
No i'm not offened. Why should I be?
Just don't ever paint yourself white for a costume, and if you do, you better do it around cheerleaders. Don't bring that to the place where I grew up or it will get bad REAL fast.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3055855 said:
This, to me, does not hold up to scrutiny, unless your advocating that nobody should dress up like any other ethnic group. Is this what you are advocating?

What is dressing up like any other ethnic group? Is there a way to dress "black" or a way to dress "white"? I'm advocating it would be wise to not dress up in "brown face" with tatoos and a wife beater on if you don' want to see any form of scrutiny. It just ain't happening. Sorry.

Spectre;3055850 said:
I hope ghosts everywhere aren't angry with me because for halloween I wore a sheet and they don't really look like that.

I agree. Those damn ghosts man......that racism they use to face? Goodness. How the hell did they ever get over that? All that history of ghostism just wasn't right.

zrinkill;3055857 said:
I consider it her dressing as Lil Wayne.

Only someone looking for something to get offended about would see anything else.

I think you are the one who has a problem with racial topics.

If having a problem with someone enforcing racial steroetypes is me having a problem with racial topics than so be it. I have a problem with racial topics

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055846 said:
So what is black face? Or what WAS black face? When people painted their faces black they just did it for the heck of it? They didn't do it to portray a particular race or person?

You said you studied it in college, so you should know the difference... plus it's been explained here in various posts...

Now if you want to be offended for her dressing up as a black person, then so be it, but she was not dressed in "Black Face"...

And "White Chicks" btw... won several BET Awards...

I was only offended because it was a bad movie...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasCowpoke;3055867 said:
Mmmm, what I figured. Double standard much?'

Once again there is a reason for what you call a double standard. That reason is history. White people weren't demeaned through whiteface the way blacks were through blackface. That being said, what she did was not blackface in my opinion.