New Cowboys Controversy

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055876 said:
I have a problem with racial topics

Glad you admit it .... Now relax and watch a movie or something.

Try this one.

Air_up_there.jpg

Maybe you will feel better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3055864 said:
Think about what's going on here. Are we seriously going to start getting offended about costumes people wear on a day that is specifically designed for people to dress up in costumes?

Really?

Offended may not be the word. But I do find it tasteless. I'm sorry I feel that way. I'm sorry that others in this country feels that way.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055862 said:
No i'm not offened. Why should I be?

Wait...Black people doing black face doesn't offend you but white people dressing up as a black person does????

Holy cow! That's beautiful!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055876 said:
If having a problem with someone enforcing racial steroetypes is me having a problem with racial topics than so be it.

SO if she had dressed up, as say Will Smith, you would not be offended since he does not enforce black stereotypes?

I doubt it ......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Spectre;3055873 said:
Just don't ever paint yourself white for a costume, and if you do, you better do it around cheerleaders. Don't bring that to the place where I grew up or it will get bad REAL fast.

Why are you butt hurt? I wasn't threatening you. I was just helping you out. You come around in black face in the neighborhood there are going to be repercussions. Its that simple. I wouldn't walk through a Crip neighborhood with red on and I wouldn't go through a neighborhood that would be offended by black face. You do what you want. Sorry if you got offended.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055876 said:
What is dressing up like any other ethnic group? Is there a way to dress "black" or a way to dress "white"? I'm advocating it would be wise to not dress up in "brown face" with tatoos and a wife beater on if you don' want to see any form of scrutiny. It just ain't happening. Sorry.

I agree. Those damn ghosts man......that racism they use to face? Goodness. How the hell did they ever get over that? All that history of ghostism just wasn't right.

If having a problem with someone enforcing racial steroetypes is me having a problem with racial topics than so be it. I have a problem with racial topics

She wasn't enforcing racial sterotyoes, she was enforcing Lil Wayne sterotypes. And that is on him.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Can I just say, "butt hurt" is the most ridiculous term I've ever heard come out of a grown man's mouth. Thanks. lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
trickblue;3055877 said:
You said you studied it in college, so you should know the difference... plus it's been explained here in various posts...

Now if you want to be offended for her dressing up as a black person, then so be it, but she was not dressed in "Black Face"...

And "White Chicks" btw... won several BET Awards...

I was only offended because it was a bad movie...

1) BET Awards is owned by Viacom.
2) White Chick's didn't win "several BET Awards". They didn't win any and didn't even get nominated for that travesty.
3) BET Awards isn't some credible award how to begin with.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055892 said:
She wasn't enforcing racial sterotyoes, she was enforcing Lil Wayne sterotypes. And that is on him.

Did you miss the pictures where Wayne doesn't dress like that anymore?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055894 said:
1) BET Awards is owned by Viacom.
2) White Chick's didn't win "several BET Awards". They didn't win any and didn't even get nominated for that travesty.
3) BET Awards isn't some credible award how to begin with.

The won two awards actually, writing and something else, maybe direction. But yeah, BET awards is about as credible as an MTV movie award.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055896 said:

You mean right before he goes to prison?

There is a reason he tried to "clean up" his act ..... it did not work.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
TheCount;3055872 said:
Uh, you have no clue what the Krewe of Zulu are, do you?
Uh, actually, living in N.O. for 4+ years, coupled with the 2 I spent in B.R., coupled with my close connections to Endymion and Iris (shall I go on?), I have wayyyy more "clue" than you'll ever get the privilege to know.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055896 said:

Well, neither does Mark Twain but should we not dress up in all white outfits and white hair because he doesn't? (I know he's dead.) He is a historical figure. And so is Twain's persona, just as Waynes persona is/was his.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3055867 said:
Mmmm, what I figured. Double standard much?'

You gave poor examples. Had you said this
robert-downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg

You would've got your answer. No I didn't have a problem with Downey in Tropical Thunder. I thought it was funny as all hell to.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;3055893 said:
Can I just say, "butt hurt" is the most ridiculous term I've ever heard come out of a grown man's mouth. Thanks. lol

I think it's tied with "Hey, Brainpaint has an idea!"

:p: Sorry BP, it's been a while...

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
My guess is that woman probably didn't mean any harm when she put on that make up. She probably didn't have any idea about the history of "black face" in this country.

The thing that I find amusing is that some people in this thread act like there isn't a history of racial bigotry in this country or that racism no longer exists. :laugh2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055901 said:
Well, neither does Mark Twain but should we not dress up in all white outfits and white hair because he doesn't? (I know he's dead.) He is a historical figure. And so is Twain's persona, just as Waynes persona is/was his.

But Lil' Wayne's still alive and he's more popular now than he ever was. Look i'm not offended by what the girl did. I'm not asking for her to be fired. This all started by me simply stating why it would be considered controversial. But instead if hearing these potential reasons some have chosen to go down a different path and just ignore it. And that's directed to you but i'm just speaking in general. I hope the girl continues to have success in life and stay's a cheerleader until she becomes ugly and fat lol. But the reason for the uproar(and btw, there isn't any uproar. I don't think anyone has spent as much time on this issue as we have lol) is because its history there. History that some haven't gotten over with.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NewJCowboy;3055909 said:
The thing that I find amusing is that some people in this thread act like there isn't a history of racial bigotry in this country or that racism no longer exists. :laugh2:

Nope ..... some people can recognize what real racism is and what is not.

And some people look for anything that they can call racism to glorify themselves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055886 said:
Wait...Black people doing black face doesn't offend you but white people dressing up as a black person does????

Holy cow! That's beautiful!

No. Robert Downey didn't offend me in Tropical Thunder. Does he count? And I thought those other two guys were white in black face lol.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ajk23az;3055480 said:
Offensive or just plain fun? Dallas fans are split.

They are? I'm not sure any Dallas fans knew about this until you told them.

Your story is FAIL.

Next.