New Cowboys Controversy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3055888 said:
SO if she had dressed up, as say Will Smith, you would not be offended since he does not enforce black stereotypes?

I doubt it ......

No I wouldn't. And i'm not offended by her dressing up as Lil' Wayne. I'm more dissapointed. But Will Smith wouldn't make for a good costume would it? There's no potential there. Having dreadlocks, diamond teeth and a wife beater? Lots of potential lol.

rynochop

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3055719 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v735/BoyzMama/dcc-halloween.jpg

the chick on camera right looks psychotic

Yeah, but the middle one is pretty hot. ha

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055909 said:
The thing that I find amusing is that some people in this thread act like there isn't a history of racial bigotry in this country or that racism no longer exists.

What I find amusing, is that people in this country, act like this country invented it.

Geeeee, racial bigotry still EXISTS!? I'm shocked and appalled!!

:rolleyes:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055909 said:
The thing that I find amusing is that some people in this thread act like there isn't a history of racial bigotry in this country or that racism no longer exists. :laugh2:

How can they when there are some that always want to bring up things that happened 60, 80, 100, 150 years ago.

People are trying to change things and make new history, ... give them a chance.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055876 said:
What is dressing up like any other ethnic group? Is there a way to dress "black" or a way to dress "white"? I'm advocating it would be wise to not dress up in "brown face" with tatoos and a wife beater on if you don' want to see any form of scrutiny. It just ain't happening. Sorry.

I don't know. I think it is incumbant upon you to define what is offensive. It is you who finds this offensive so it is logical for you to outline what is offensive.

Dressing up like other ethnic groups can be many things? Is it offensive for a person of color to dress up like a Cowboy? Is it offensive for a white women to dress in traditional Japanese clothing? How about a man who dresses up like a women for Halloween?

Where do you draw the line? Should these people be less sensative to what you are trying to discribe?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055930 said:
Does Will Smith enforce racial stereotypes? If so, then maybe I change my answer. But I don't think he does. I could be wrong though.

If she had been painted with the same skin color as Will Smith, with big ears, wearing a suit ..... I would bet anything you would have been offended in the same way.

No way to prove it ...... so I could really care less ..... but I am not buying your racial stereotype excuse.

It was the body paint that offended you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055935 said:
How can they when there are some that always want to bring up things that happened 60, 80, 100, 150 years ago.

People are trying to change things and make new history, ... give them a chance.

How can you make new history when old history keeps rearing its ugly head? You have to know the history to move on to new history. If not, history will repeat itself.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055913 said:
History that some haven't gotten over with.

I think that's it in a nutshell. They need to. Because this is a "Them" problem. I can't help that some people are morons and can't get past something that was an issue 40-50 years ago when the majority of them weren't even alive. I would have a lot more sympathy for the older black generation if this offended them than the younger generation because the older ones faced that crap and had to deal with the injustice of racism on a gigantic scale.

We as a people have gone way past that, took great steps in making changes in our society and even went beyond to give minorities greater access and privileges and opportunities than whites because of it.

So if the younger black generation have a problem with this, then they are morons and you can't teach stupid. The older generation has some leeway with me because of their life experience.

The younger generation has known only opportunity and access. They have no reason or position to be offended by this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055882 said:
Offended may not be the word. But I do find it tasteless. I'm sorry I feel that way. I'm sorry that others in this country feels that way.

As am I. I don't see much to be offended by myself but that's just me.

aikemirv

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055930 said:
Does Will Smith enforce racial stereotypes? If so, then maybe I change my answer. But I don't think he does. I could be wrong though.

So then the "black face" is not the problem then - I thought you said that was the problem with it.

You just don't really like the stereotyping?

You must flat out hate Eddie Murphy then. Because what he does is racial stereotyping, what Lil Wayne is doing is looking like a gangster. We have white and black ones of those all over the place -diamond teeth and everything - black or white!

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055909 said:
My guess is that woman probably didn't mean any harm when she put on that make up. She probably didn't have any idea about the history of "black face" in this country.

The thing that I find amusing is that some people in this thread act like there isn't a history of racial bigotry in this country or that racism no longer exists. :laugh2:

I'm going to challenge you. Show a post where someone said or "acted" like there was no racial bigotry in this country, now or ever.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055944 said:
How can you make new history when old history keeps rearing its ugly head? You have to know the history to move on to new history. If not, history will repeat itself.

Kinda like you are doing right now?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055894 said:
1) BET Awards is owned by Viacom.
2) White Chick's didn't win "several BET Awards". They didn't win any and didn't even get nominated for that travesty.
3) BET Awards isn't some credible award how to begin with.

Gee... if you say so then I stand corrected...

Awards for White Chicks (2004)

BET Comedy Awards
Outstanding Directing for a Box Office Movie
Keenen Ivory Wayans

Outstanding Writing for a Box Office Movie
Keenen Ivory Wayans
Shawn Wayans
Marlon Wayans
Andrew McElfresh
Michael Anthony Snowden
Xavier Cook

Nominated BET Comedy Award
Outstanding Box Office Movie

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Box Office Movie
Marlon Wayans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3055940 said:
If she had been painted with the same skin color as Will Smith, with big ears, wearing a suit ..... I would bet anything you would have been offended in the same way.

No way to prove it ...... so I could really care less ..... but I am not buying your racial stereotype excuse.

It was the body paint that offended you.

Oh if she had painted herself black like Will Smith. Yeah i'd probably think that was tasteless too. Offended is not the word i'd use. I would find it tasteless though. Its a combination between the painting yourself black part and the racial stereotypes that are being enforced. I've seen a couple of costumes where white people have painted themselves black. I read a couple of stories this past weekend where people painted themselves black. One was a kid who dressed up as Aunt Jemima. One was where Heidi Klum painted her face black for halloween. Here's a picture:

9c88fbbe18ebea34_091101-heidi-1.jpg

Top left corner. Offended? No. Tasteless? No. Take one guess why it isn't.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3055934 said:
What I find amusing, is that people in this country, act like this country invented it.

Geeeee, racial bigotry still EXISTS!? I'm shocked and appalled!!

:rolleyes:

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that because this country didn't invent racism, that it is ok to practice racism? :confused:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055958 said:
Kinda like you are doing right now?

I didn't create this thread and I heard about this story of the weekend. I was over it. :) Can't kill me because I simply replied.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
rocyaice;3055969 said:
I didn't create this thread and I heard about this story of the weekend. I was over it. :) Can't kill me because I simply replied.

BUT...YOU brought up the racial history. Which is what you were saying shouldn't be done.