New Cowboys Controversy

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055944 said:
How can you make new history when old history keeps rearing its ugly head? You have to know the history to move on to new history. If not, history will repeat itself.

So you are saying we should continue to rip the healing scab off of the racial bigotry issue so we make sure it never happens again?

Seems to me the sooner we can get healing, the sooner we can move on to better times.

Ah, .. what a great word "better" is. No matter how it is used, if something is "better", .. that is a good thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
aikemirv;3055953 said:
So then the "black face" is not the problem then - I thought you said that was the problem with it.

You just don't really like the stereotyping?

You must flat out hate Eddie Murphy then. Because what he does is racial stereotyping, what Lil Wayne is doing is looking like a gangster. We have white and black ones of those all over the place -diamond teeth and everything - black or white!

You are right about Eddie. He does. He's a comedian but that's not an excuse for some of the roles he does. But in his defense he's does equal racial stereotyping as does Dave Chappelle lol. And I stated above the black is a part of the problem. The racial stereotypes are a problem to. Its just tasteless IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Is it equally offensive if a person of color dresses up like Lil Wayne or some other rap artist?

What about young white Americans? Is it offensive when they dress up like rap artists on a day to day basis?

What about that movie a few years back where the white kid acted like he was a rapper? Dressed up like a rapper, a wannabe, can't remember the name of the movie. Essentially, was made fun of etc. It was a commedy. Was that just art or was that also offensive?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
trickblue;3055959 said:
Gee... if you say so then I stand corrected...

Awards for White Chicks (2004)

BET Comedy Awards
Outstanding Directing for a Box Office Movie
Keenen Ivory Wayans

Outstanding Writing for a Box Office Movie
Keenen Ivory Wayans
Shawn Wayans
Marlon Wayans
Andrew McElfresh
Michael Anthony Snowden
Xavier Cook

Nominated BET Comedy Award
Outstanding Box Office Movie

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Box Office Movie
Marlon Wayans

I'm wrong. I didn't think he would get recognized for that travesty. But what's your point? That black people acknowledge the great work of White Chics?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3055973 said:
BUT...YOU brought up the racial history. Which is what you were saying shouldn't be done.

I brought up why this is controversial. I wouldn't have said anything but for whatever reason it went over peoples heads. Its offensive because to the naked eye it would seem like she was black face. That's what I was replying to.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055935 said:
How can they when there are some that always want to bring up things that happened 60, 80, 100, 150 years ago.

People are trying to change things and make new history, ... give them a chance.

If you don't learn and understand your history then you are doomed to repeat it. IMO you can't hide from history or be afraid to discuss it.

But it's great that people are trying to change and make new history. I welcome it. Hopefully soon racism will be totally gone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055975 said:
So you are saying we should continue to rip the healing scab off of the racial bigotry issue so we make sure it never happens again?

Seems to me the sooner we can get healing, the sooner we can move on to better times.

Ah, .. what a great word "better" is. No matter how it is used, if something is "better", .. that is a good thing.

So what do you recommend people do who are offended by this? Are you saying they shouldn't get offended? Or shouldn't care? Because IMO, the solution should be what is occurring. Let her come under some form of scrutiny and move on. She doesn't have to lose her job. NAACP doesn't have to get involved. She learns from her mistake and others do and don't repeat the same action. But I think you're trying to tell me that they shouldn't get offended or just shouldn't care. I take that back. I'm not going to put words in your mouth but I'm not sure of a better way to handle the situation. I think its being handled accordingly.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;3055914 said:
Nope ..... some people can recognize what real racism is and what is not.

And some people look for anything that they can call racism to glorify themselves.

I think that it's a personal issue. Something that might offend one person might not offend others. I can't tell someone else how they should feel about a particular incident.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055986 said:
If you don't learn and understand your history then you are doomed to repeat it. IMO you can't hide from history or be afraid to discuss it.

But it's great that people are trying to change and make new history. I welcome it. Hopefully soon racism will be totally gone.

Hopefully we're all in agreement here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055998 said:
I think that it's a personal issue. Something that might offend one person might not offend others. I can't tell someone else how they should feel about a particular incident.

That's what i'm trying to understand. Who are we to tell someone they should be offended or just to "get over it". Is it that easy?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I guess I should be preparing for a lawsuit. My grandkids dressed up as Gene Simmons and a movie star. What's the difference?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v349/FloridaRob/100_9001.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3055986 said:

I hate to pop your balloon but it will never be totally gone. As long as evil exists it will be there. Racism is at the very roots of evil Or vice versa. It's sad but it's fact.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NewJCowboy;3055998 said:

Yet in your prior post you certainly tried to judge on the reasons why people were not offended.

Which says quite a bit about you in this situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
FloridaRob;3056005 said:
I guess I should be preparing for a lawsuit. My grandkids dressed up as Gene Simmons and a movie star. What's the difference?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v349/FloridaRob/100_9001.jpg

Is there history of racism here that i'm not seeing? BTW, cute kids and nice costumes. Not the same thing IMHO though.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rocyaice;3055962 said:
Oh if she had painted herself black like Will Smith.

SO it has nothing to do with negative stereotypes .... just the body paint .... so it should be just as offensive for whites to see people in white body paint.

You guys are spinning out of control.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
rocyaice;3056004 said:
That's what i'm trying to understand. Who are we to tell someone they should be offended or just to "get over it". Is it that easy?

I think it is that easy. If the large majority of people are not offended, then it's probably a sign that it was not all that offensive an issue. If the large majority find it offensive, then it probably was.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056009 said:
Yet in your prior post you certainly tried to judge on the reasons why people were not offended.

Which says quite a bit about you in this situation.

Not sure what you're talking about. In my prior post, I stated that I was amused that people act like racism doesn't exist in this country. That's not judging to me. But if you think that, whatever.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rocyaice;3055981 said:
I'm wrong. I didn't think he would get recognized for that travesty. But what's your point? That black people acknowledge the great work of White Chics?

No... only that it is acceptable to stereotype white folks laugh at it and award it...

Personally the only problem I have is the double-standard...