NFC East remaining schedules and likely outcomes

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
meanwhile. The Denver broncos beat the undefeated "mega all world tom brady and bill belicheck patriots" with a guy named Osweiller, a 3rd round choice they have been grooming for years.....

ummmm, seems like John Elway knows the importance of a QB and Backup QB.....And has the balls to spend resources on it. If i am not mistaken, thats the second win the backup has racked up......

We dont have that here because for years as soon as you say draft or go get a young viable backup QB to groom/bring along you would be ridiculed and lambasted to no end...ROMO has years,we have weeden...vaughn...moore...cassel...showers...OH MY!!!!!! And now that REALITY has came up and bit us in the fleshy part of our hind quarters we sit here dumbfounded as to why we cannot win a game without ROMO.

Wayne02

Reaction score
not sure what you mean about Michael88Irvin making up those teams playing well during the time they played us... those were all strong stretches in NFL terms.

None of those 4 teams were playing well, or are good teams. The only team that may make the playoffs is Seattle and even that's a stretch, and the Cowboys couldn't beat any of them. You have your way of looking at things and I have my way. I think the fact that all 4 of those teams may miss the playoffs works well in my favor.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

Wow. Just sign your paycheck over to Jerry every week and be done with it.

:facepalm:

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

On what logical basis are you predicting this outcome?

Blind hope?

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
I never understand how people try and predict 15-20 games, when people have enough trouble picking the winner of 1 game in the NFL

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Why would a fan want us to ever lose a game?

A win is meaningless. Every loss nets us more options in the draft. We will be able to:

-Possibly select a player who is at the top of our board

-Trade down and acquire an extra first round or second round pick

-Select Romos possible successor and groom him for the next 2-3 years.

A win does nothing but decreases the likelihood of those 3 points.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
We dont have that here because for years as soon as you say draft or go get a young viable backup QB to groom/bring along you would be ridiculed and lambasted to no end...ROMO has years,we have weeden...vaughn...moore...cassel...showers...OH MY!!!!!! And now that REALITY has came up and bit us in the fleshy part of our hind quarters we sit here dumbfounded as to why we cannot win a game without ROMO.

Also, I would like to point out, they spent that 2nd round draft choice on Osweiller(it wasnt a 3rd) , knowing he was going to sit the bench for a few years, and still managed to put together a decent defense. imagine that.

And, this kind of thinking and planning goes on all-the-time, from the top tier franchises. Which...................we are not....!!

So, raise your pom poms, tow the company line, defend whatever decision was made......but get used to losing , 3-4 years out of every 5. I have finally accepted it. I think the younger generation Cowboys Fans, actually think we are a decent team....::) they dont know any better.

The days of Schramm, Landry Staubach, even Aikman, Smith Irvin, Johnson..............have been gone for a long , long time now.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
A win is meaningless. Every loss nets us more options in the draft. We will be able to:

-Possibly select a player who is at the top of our board

-Trade down and acquire an extra first round or second round pick

-Select Romos possible successor and groom him for the next 2-3 years.

A win does nothing but decreases the likelihood of those 3 points.

WEAK - never give up.... playing to lose for draft position is for losers...
the players would never be thinking that way, just so that we can get a better pick. That is ridiculous

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't think any fan wishes for the boys to lose I just don't think this team and coaches from stopping it from happening. This truly the lowpoint of the dallas cowboys franchise the last twenty years have been really bad but this year its just about as bad as it gets reminds me of 89 and there is no really good coach waiting in the wings to get u s out of it . This franchise is mired in losers mentality