Draft Day NFL Draft 2024 Day 2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, I'm objective and not a sheep who just claps at every move the Jones make.

I like Guyton and I like Beebe.

Kneeland and Liufau are career back-up's with limited subpar NFL talent.
Yes, no one objective can like Kneeland, who experts had rated much higher than we took him.

All of our picks were good values except the last one. We'll see how that works out, but I would have taken Carter or our top RB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Right, and Payton Wilson's injury history clearly has them scared enough to have him off their board through round 3. Considering the history, I understand that.
Marist is a special teams player lol. Would rather take a shot at a guy that can actually play if he's healthy. Rather than a guy that can't play while healthy

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don’t see improvement in the run game or run defense. So, maybe we landed some players , but other than guyton , I don’t get it. Kneeland is going into the DE rotation which is a team strength. So he adds to a strength. Beebe would be great at G but we got that spot covered. MAYBE he can play center but he’s a project there. Wouldn’t you rather have a guy who’s been snapping the ball under duress for a few years ? The kid from ND looks a lot like Overshown….. speedy lb with thin legs. He’s not a run stuffer. So……….. what are we doing here?
I don't agree on Beebe. I'd rather get the second-best guard and try to convert him to center if he shows some ability to do that than draft the best left of the weaker centers. Beebe will bring power to the position if he can convert.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree on Beebe. I'd rather get the second-best guard and try to convert him to center if he shows some ability to do that than draft the best left of the weaker centers. Beebe will bring power to the position if he can convert.
I hope you’re right but the center position is not the same as G. It’s a more cerebral position.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
To summarize our picks:

Rd1-decent some risk but high upside
Rd2-try hard rotational guy that’s out of the league in 5 years
Rd3-solid pick that is going to learn a new position
Rd3-a guy that might have been there 100 picks later

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don’t see improvement in the run game or run defense. So, maybe we landed some players , but other than guyton , I don’t get it. Kneeland is going into the DE rotation which is a team strength. So he adds to a strength. Beebe would be great at G but we got that spot covered. MAYBE he can play center but he’s a project there. Wouldn’t you rather have a guy who’s been snapping the ball under duress for a few years ? The kid from ND looks a lot like Overshown….. speedy lb with thin legs. He’s not a run stuffer. So……….. what are we doing here?
More competition for weakside? I think Kendricks plays middle and Parsons plays strong when we have three LBs in the game.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
All of our picks were good values except the last one.
Agreed about the consensus value.

Kneeland is the lunch pail guy this FO falls in love with and holds onto way too long. I don't feel he can win against NFL offensive linemen. He's going to bull rush people and Tackles are going to just absorb it or wash him outside. He has no pass rush moves and he has no bend. His athleticism is short-area, what you want from your 3Tech. He's rah rah and "yes sir!" but he won't make plays at this level.

Kneeland doesn't offer much more than what they already have in Golston and Fehoko.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Wright would be good, but I still have no problem with this pick. I loved what I saw when doing the mock draft the other day.
True, does look like a high effort player I just can't see him being more than a special teams player this year. But hey all we do as fans is watch players on tv and read about them online mostly as a hobby, I would hope the scouts who live and breath this know a lot more :).

Regardless we needed another LB so does fill a need.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This has to be one of the worst drafts since Jerry first bought the Cowboys.