Twitter: NFL fines WR CeeDee Lamb $10,300 for waving goodbye to Patriots DB Jalen Mills after TD

phildadon86

Reaction score
And when and if the league concludes the evidence is supportive of the charges, then he'll be suspended
You really arent seeing the point so I am not arguing anymore. They dont care about the shield. IF they did he would have already been suspended. Regardless of the outcome of the courts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Link to your first lie in that thread, yes. Get it right. Even Runny called you a liar (softly, lol) by validating the video I showed. Guess he's a Packers fan too. Lol. We all see you.
Easy now, I implied no such thing. Mistaken? I believe so. Maybe even convincing himself of what he's seeing. ...Lying? I don't think it's his intention.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You really arent seeing the point so I am not arguing anymore. They dont care about the shield. IF they did he would have already been suspended. Regardless of the outcome of the courts.
You have no point, you want to pass go and collect two hundred dollars without an investigation or conclusion of said investigation and just suspend him based on an allegation....the system doesn't work that way!

If the league suspended him now with no investigation or charges and it turns out that these women were just trying to get money from a rich NFL player, Watson would have a major lawsuit against the league

phildadon86

Reaction score
You have no point, you want to pass go and collect two hundred dollars without an investigation or conclusion of said investigation and just suspend him based on an allegation....the system doesn't work that way!

If the league suspended him now with no investigation or charges and it turns out that these women were just trying to get money from a rich NFL player, Watson would have a major lawsuit against the league
They suspended Zeke after the police and their own investigator said there was nothing there. Talk about having no point lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They suspended Zeke after the police and their own investigator said there was nothing there. Talk about having no point lol

Exactly what I remember. The police and investigator both thought the woman's story was a load of rubbish. As I recall, they took action because of what'd happened with Ray Rice before, so they went after Zeke to set an example, even though their own investigation led to the conclusion that the accusations were false. Hence why I said a lack of a criminal complaint against a player didn't stop them from suspending Zeke.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Rodgers get fined for telling the Bears fans he owns them?
Wasn't done on the field to another player during a play. Taunting the crowd doesn't seem to carry a fine but I wish every person in Illinois had cancelled State Farm the next day.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Easy now, I implied no such thing. Mistaken? I believe so. Maybe even convincing himself of what he's seeing. ...Lying? I don't think it's his intention.

Lol. Okay, how about we settle on "an evolving story of what he was seeing after being shown to be innacurate 3 times in a row?" All by accident, of course.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Elliott wasn't charged, was he? And he got 6 games.

If Zeke got suspended 6 games, then Watson better get suspended at least 6 games before he sees the field. Otherwise, Zeke, in my view, would have every right to sue the NFL for lost wages.

Mannix

Reaction score
Exactly what I remember. The police and investigator both thought the woman's story was a load of rubbish. As I recall, they took action because of what'd happened with Ray Rice before, so they went after Zeke to set an example, even though their own investigation led to the conclusion that the accusations were false. Hence why I said a lack of a criminal complaint against a player didn't stop them from suspending Zeke.
Rice had nothing to do with it....Zeke got 6 games because he was a Cowboy.....FACT!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rice had nothing to do with it....Zeke got 6 games because he was a Cowboy.....FACT!!!

I thought it also had to do with Rice? Either way, it was a ridiculous suspension. Total rubbish! And I agree that it likely also had to do with him being a Cowboy. I just hope the league goes after Watson like they did Zeke.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is incorrect. The police and prosecutor's office felt something had gone on between the two of them but it was all he said/she said and they chose the easy path in Columbus, Ohio with a superstar athlete not to pursue it.

The NFL investigator did not buy the girl's side of it and recommended nothing be done but the panel of 4 decided unanimously that he should be suspended. Goodell had to choose between 4 and the lone investigator, whom I believe told Booger about it which exacerbated the issue when he announced no punishment.

We will never know the truth but what we did know about Meyer's distress call for help and Elliott's father moving to Columbus with his son's reputation for hard partying and admitting there had been alcohol and drugs involved, and sprinkle in a crazy girlfriend and some anger, and I could see him losing it.

And I still believe had Elliott not pulled that childish stunt at the St. Patty's Day parade, he would have escaped the suspension. That video goes viral and the jury of the public is in, Zeke Elliott disrespects women.

Now, those that were pissed off about that never really had an acceptable to response to "if you are under investigation by the NFL for disrespecting and hitting a woman, do you go out in public and do that"? One of the four panelists said that affected his decision.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this "bias" against the Cowboys does exist regarding disciplinary issues, why is that?

There are two histories with the Dallas Cowboys and their "characters" and while the events that happened prior to Booger taking over were not on his watch, it didn't stop. The negative behavior not only didn't subside, it increased and included two good Samaritans and a player being killed by DUI players

Then comes Pacman, Hurd, Hardy and Gregory and suddenly if a player is in trouble, he's soon to be a Cowboy. They're bringing them in because they're in trouble and there's a deal to be made. With Hurd, can't fault the club for what the player becomes after they pick him like Carruth,

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

A conviction in a court case is a different standard than conduct detrimental policy for a business...

The Columbus, Ohio, prosecutor who did not bring charges against Elliott also believed his alleged victim but suggested he did not have the evidence to pursue charges.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/...-violence-police-report-nfl-suspension-appeal

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I thought the wave was tacky and showed his immaturity. I’m not really a ceedee fan at the moment, I’d like to see him make more plays and less showboating

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. Okay, how about we settle on "an evolving story of what he was seeing after being shown to be innacurate 3 times in a row?" All by accident, of course.
Confirmation bias gets everyone from time to time. How's that? :)