News: NFL Insider: Not Surprised if Cowboys cut Jaylon Smith per Sports Illustrated

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I agree he hasn’t been good and should at least be benched... but Watch jaylon go to another team and flourish.

A team that holds guys accountable.... or knows what they’re doing. Or how to use his talent to get him back on a pro bowl level.
He's never PLAYED at a pro bowl level despite those clueless voters jumping the shark.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Smith is going nowhere. You can be terrible and tow the company line and you are family to Jerry. Create bad press for Jerry? You're gone like Griffin.
Yeah as much as Smith has struggled this season, it’s nowhere close to the struggles of Tyrone “Hot boy” Crawford since he signed his big contract. Crawford has earned more money then Dak over the last four years and has done absolutely nothing!!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You know if Zeke and Jaylon were both released I bet Jaylon would be picked up first. Running backs are a dime a dozen now. Let’s hope the Joneses understand the future of the NFL. Draft a stud Young quarterback and build the team around him not your running back.:facepalm:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Are we actually gonna get serious around here? Just when I hit rock bottom they throw out this stuff to try to keep my hopes up. Griffen was a good start let's keeps this process going.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jaylon has combined tackles this year of (solo/assist) 10,14,8,7, 14,10,12 . Yeah he sucks for the money but he’s hardly the biggest issue on defense , the defensive backs and d line have been incompetent clowns .

Jaylon isn’t the problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
Keep LVE, Brown, Aldon Smith, and the rookies. All others can go when their contact permits.

DBs, Woods, Lewis, Chido, any of those worth keeping beyond the rookie deal? Maybe Chido?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You know if Zeke and Jaylon were both released I bet Jaylon would be picked up first. Running backs are a dime a dozen now. Let’s hope the Joneses understand the future of the NFL. Draft a stud Young quarterback and build the team around him not your running back.:facepalm:
Is this a serious post?

I cannot actually believe you believe what you just posted. Jaylon Smith would secure a roster spot on another team in the NFL before Zeke would?

blumayne38

Reaction score
I doubt they release him. Wouldn’t it accelerate his guarantees and hurt next years cap. Then we would not be able to franchise Dak.
Who cares? Honestly. Dak wouldn’t do anything a top rookie Prospect wouldn’t. The idea dak gives us some type of advantage is crazy...

blumayne38

Reaction score
Keep LVE, Brown, Aldon Smith, and the rookies. All others can go when their contact permits.

DBs, Woods, Lewis, Chido, any of those worth keeping beyond the rookie deal? Maybe Chido?
We didn’t keep Byron why chido? He isn’t nearly the corner Jones is.

Hadenough

Reaction score

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have been giddy at the though of no Jaylon next year. You can tell by the way that they have been talking on the Break and such that this is starting to look like a real possibility. People in house must be pretty sick of big Jerry forcing this turd on everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Is this a serious post?

I cannot actually believe you believe what you just posted. Jaylon Smith would secure a roster spot on another team in the NFL before Zeke would?
Yes both players have been terrible and have been exposed. You take away the contracts and Jaylon would be a solid strong side linebacker. Zeke can’t catch, fumbles, and has no wiggle. What are you going to do with that. This is not 2016 Zeke.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This defensive scheme is what I think needs to be cut. Smith played better than this and just seems lost and out of position.
Part of that could be because Lee and LVE aren't 100%, but I dislike the 2 LB formation, it leaves then out to dry. Unless you can get the opposing QB to be hit/hurried/sacked/pressured it's a weakness. Especially with our all star secondary.