NFL is just sports entertainment?

Motorola

Reaction score
Apparently a lot of you think the NFL isn't legit, it's rigged. Refs more concerned with "their gambling buddies". Ok, those of you who think the league is more pro rasslin' than NCAA football convince me that yes the refs are dirty, and the games are rigged.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, the biggest change is the athletes involved, the game was never meant to be played by guys this big, fast and strong ,was never meant to be played on fake hard grass or 20 games in a season if playoffs.

Anyway....

Obviously the game started out legit, so when did it go from a sport to sports entertainment and rigged? Convince me the NFL is now rigged, you have the floor......

So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?
College basketball has had majors scandals regarding rigged games aka point shaving for 4 consecutive decades = 1950s through 1980s.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I guess for those who think the league truly is rigged, my question is why are you still here, and why do you still watch?

RaZon

Reaction score
I guess for those who think the league truly is rigged, my question is why are you still here, and why do you still watch?

Way too many people make their living because of NFL football. This business is simply too massive to be anything but legit.

One sliver of proof that games are fixed, things are rigged BOOM.....that's it it's over,

links18

Reaction score
The NFL is commercial, flag, commercial, commercial, flag, inexplicable official conference, commercial, injury, commercial, flag....

RaZon

Reaction score
who's bs? billy strings?

So how do I get to that game ya watched?

Now....my son in law Chris is one of those computer geeks/freaks/experts, he works in that business. There is nowhere he can't go nothing he can't do. So where does he find that game?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So how do I get to that game ya watched?

Now....my son in law Chris is one of those computer geeks/freaks/experts, he works in that business. There is nowhere he can't go nothing he can't do. So where does he find that game?
ask him about the dark web. he knows.

RaZon

Reaction score
The NFL is commercial, flag, commercial, commercial, flag, inexplicable official conference, commercial, injury, commercial, flag....

I am watching the Ravens vs Browns right now, you are so wrong it's comical.

RaZon

Reaction score
I challenge anyone here to give me a name of anyone involved in rigging an NFL game, come on let's get some legit proof, some real evidence, So where is it?

I guarantee we will never see anything of actual substance, the reason is ......there is nothing, yep...zero!

If a ref was why a gambling house lost big $$$$$, he'd be shot.

Prove to me the NFL is rigged. Let's see it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yep,
My memory fails me as to when the strong appeal of watching Cowboy games actually diminished.
Probably just a product of aging. Or because of all the losing my expectation levels were lowered.
Or both.

Anyways, as I mentioned on another post, I enjoy some good entertainment whether music, movie or sports.

So yeah,
the whole sports thing is pretty much entertainment to me at this stage in my life.

Message Boards can be quite entertaining as well, lol.

jmo
I will probably always watch Cowboys games. But I used to be a massive football fan. All day Sunday. Could watch the Browns and Bengals and be interested.

Now I cannot watch an NFL game not involving the Cowboys. Including the Super Bowl. It's just a game filled with silly rules and over officiating, by design. The rules are purposely confusing and wide open to interpretation, and the refs dominate every game - either by calling everything or letting obvious calls go.

RaZon

Reaction score
I will probably always watch Cowboys games. But I used to be a massive football fan. All day Sunday. Could watch the Browns and Bengals and be interested.

Now I cannot watch an NFL game not involving the Cowboys. Including the Super Bowl. It's just a game filled with silly rules and over officiating, by design. The rules are purposely confusing and wide open to interpretation, and the refs dominate every game - either by calling everything or letting obvious calls go.

Working on my sixth football game in the last two days...

Michigan vs Ohio State
Alabama vs Auburn............amazing game!
BYU vs USC
Buc's vs Colts
Niners vs Vikings
Ravens vs Browns

....trust me the last thing on my mind is refs, they are a total......nothing.

Hell, I can't think of the name of any NFL ref have never paid any attention.

Getting all wrapped up with refs, nay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Good question....honestly my days of being a fan of this concocted garbage....is numbered. You hope the game would go back to the good old days....but it's not. The league is completely ruined by all the rule changes and greed. And there is no going back. All the coaching changes in the world isn't going to fix what is wrong with this product. It's all corrupt trash....I can't even give an honest answer for fear of being canceled here...so you will have to settle for the PG version. But if you think the league is in good shape...you are sadly mistaken. It's not even football anymore.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Yup....just look @ this season....you had a dozen teams running away from the pack...us included...now everyone is coming back to the pack...ugly loses...for everyone creating doubt. That just isn't happenstance...it's all part of the plan...

RaZon

Reaction score
Good question....honestly my days of being a fan of this concocted garbage....is numbered. You hope the game would go back to the good old days....but it's not. The league is completely ruined by all the rule changes and greed. And there is no going back. All the coaching changes in the world isn't going to fix what is wrong with this product. It's all corrupt trash....I can't even give an honest answer for fear of being canceled here...so you will have to settle for the PG version. But if you think the league is in good shape...you are sadly mistaken. It's not even football anymore.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, what we are seeing now is the best the game has ever been and the reason is the athletes involved. All those mobile QB's, all those cats who a 225 pounds can cook a 4,4 40. All those 300 pounders who can bench a VW.

Back in the days of Jim Brown he was a freak, the reason......he was like these cats today, big and fast.

So many great athletes out there, we should be thrilled to get what we have now, to go around all......bah humbug,,,,,huh??????????

RaZon

Reaction score
Yup....just look @ this season....you had a dozen teams running away from the pack...us included...now everyone is coming back to the pack...ugly loses...for everyone creating doubt. That just isn't happenstance...it's all part of the plan...

Dude, explain the plan, what plan, come on break it down, what plan?

RaZon

Reaction score
TV $$$$$ is how pro football survives, what would happen if the networks found out the game was rigged?

Some ref who was in on the fix gets fired, he pouts and blows the whistle, what now? Some kid hears his dad talking about a fix on the phone he tells a buddy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Been into pro football since the late 50's, what we are seeing now is the best the game has ever been and the reason is the athletes involved. All those mobile QB's, all those cats who a 225 pounds can cook a 4,4 40. All those 300 pounders who can bench a VW.

So many great athletes out there, we should be thrilled to get what we have now, to go around all......bah humbug,,,,,huh??????????
The game is crap...you barely have enough QBs to run a league. You get Jerry Jones selling this clown Prescott as a franchise QB. I know he sucks...he's inaccurate...doesn't read a defense. ..but hey...go ahead sell this garbage because 90% will buy it. For me...I will continue to call it like I see it....it's a woke dumpster fire.