Twitter: NFL/Jerry settle legal fees dispute

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This may not be a popular opinion here, but Jerry losing this battle is probably very good for every team in the NFL....believe it or not, including the Cowboys.

The reason being that if any owner can strong arm to get his way against the ruling majority or especially against the agreed upon set of rules between them, the NFL is no longer a fair competitive league that follows its own rules.

No owner- not Jerry, not Robert Kraft, not the Rooney family, not the Mara family, not Jeffrey Lurie...not any other owner should be able to “go rogue” and just get what they want, when they want. These greedy, arrogant men who own these teams are used to getting their way, almost all the time.

But if you’re going to have a fair and competitive sports league that is not based on the whims and egos of a bunch of bully billionaires, then Jerry accepting the fine was appropriate and right for the NFL. I’m sure that either Jerry was told that in no uncertain terms or he came to his senses and realized he is not the de-facto commissioner.

As much as I can’t stand Goodell, Jerry needed to be corrected here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In other words Jerry ducked his tail and ran. Smart move!

Last thing we need is more drama in the courts and distraction for the team.

I’m impressed Jerry!

dogberry

Reaction score
The next time the players' association sues the nfl, the team whose player is suspended has to pick up the league's legal bills?

RS12

Reaction score
jerry has took it on the chin today out cool 2 million and the eagles and giants just got lots better
but but but, how bout those three Lombadi's a generation ago? Yes young people, they really happened.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Everything that happens with us affects on the field. The week the feud between Jerry and Goodell happened we didn't get a holding call in our favour for 9 weeks. So please don't tell me it doesn't have anything to do with on the field. I can guarantee that if Jerry decided to drag this on and into the season we would have seen some of the same crappy officiating against us.

We will see crappy officiating regardless. Honestly I really don't care about this subject to be honest, don't know why I even posted about it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Remember it was a Goodell imposed punishment and the appeal was heard by Goodell

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The next time the players' association sues the nfl, the team whose player is suspended has to pick up the league's legal bills?

Don't count on it. This was about Jerry publicly threatening to sue the league. No doubt Jerry spouting off publicly about it was against legal advice as it did nothing to benefit him. It only pissed off Goodell and other owners.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Remember it was a Goodell imposed punishment and the appeal was heard by Goodell

Goodell didn't give himself that authority. That's on the owners and NFLPA for agreeing to it.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Why even say you gonna fight the Fees reimbursements? Then pay them the next day. Jerry just likes to hear himself talk.