News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So your move is to continue on our 10-25 year progression towards our goal?

Sorry. I strongly disagree. Plenty of experts besides me:) have said we have more than enough pieces.

Good coach= #6

Uh not sure how you interpreted anything I said as wanting to continue on our 10-25 year plan. Its real simple. We had the wrong guys selecting the wrong mix of players. What we want is a new coach to come in and do more than reshuffle the deck. The "experts" who assessed this roster were apparently very wrong b/c we barely finished 8-8 in the worst division in football. Sure, some of that is poor coaching. But its also a bad mix of players. As Barry Switzer proved, when you have the right mix of players, it don't matter whose coaching.

Plankton

Reaction score
Would McCarthy be an improvement and upgrade over Garrett? Yes. Would I be happy with it? Not really.

McCarthy was the guy who skipped meetings prepping for games to get massages. No word on whether it included happy endings.

He was also known as a players coach who didn't get his hands dirty in holding players to account. Exactly not the kind of coach needed at this time.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything regarding these make believe interviews?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Supposedly interviewed Lewis yesterday, and McCarthy today

I wonder if they will interview someone tomorrow

Little Jr

Reaction score
Hes was my #2 guy, so I love it. West coast offense, which I like, and I think fits Dak better than any other offense. Plus he became analytic nerd in his year off, icing on the cake.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hes was my #2 guy, so I love it. West coast offense, which I like, and I think fits Dak better than any other offense. Plus he became analytic nerd in his year off, icing on the cake.
very intriguing.
and I love his idea about 2 "futures" coaches...one on offense...one on defense...to analyze formations and plays...very smart.
very forward thinking.

Aven8

Reaction score

What is the deal with Jim Haslet? I heard something earlier that he wouldn’t come with him. Pair him with McCarthy and let’s go. Dude loves to blitz

DandyDon52

Reaction score
they are also talking to marvin lewis! lol
But these are just interviews.
I want to read bellichick is interviewing! heck offer him 20 mil a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.