News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The two token interviews on Saturday (if they happened at all) were to calm the fanbase during these two weeks of mourning.

Big_D

Reaction score
The two token interviews on Saturday (if they happened at all) were to calm the fanbase during these two weeks of mourning.

it definitely seems like a farce just to announce they decided to keep Garrett?! How this is being handled just looks like there’s an ulterior motive.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
it definitely seems like a farce just to announce they decided to keep Garrett?! How this is being handled just looks like there’s an ulterior motive.
Lol, have you ever seen Jerry so tight lipped and avoiding the media?

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol, have you ever seen Jerry so tight lipped and avoiding the media?

this is definitely too strange of a situation even for Jerry. You know he’s up to something stupid. I have no doubt. Jerry this quiet on the first weekend of the playoffs. Just a hunch this doesn’t end well. lol

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
this is definitely too strange of a situation even for Jerry. You know he’s up to something stupid. I have no doubt. Jerry this quiet on the first weekend of the playoffs. Just a hunch this doesn’t end well. lol
You know that the entire football world is witnessing total dysfunction now if they hadn't already............pretty embarrassing really............worst owner in the NFL.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score

I think that very well MIGHT be it.
I think Jerry was so confident that this year would turn out well enough that he could justify extending Garrett. There was no fallback plan. When the season went as badly as it did Jerry was caught off guard. Garrett is still on board for a reason. Those 2 days of meetings weren't to prepare for a change at the HC position. Jerry can now sabotage interviews with conditions that guys like McCarthy, Meyer, etc. would balk at. In the end Jerry can claim that the interviews didn't produce a situation that would be better than extending his boy. There will be changes at the DC & ST level & that's about it.

Carson

Reaction score
Not sure it matters but Glazer just said on Fox pregame that McCarthys meeting went well enough that he stayed in Dallas another night so they could meet again.

They should just lock in on him and sign him. Start searching for his staff and prepare for free agency in a few months

Big_D

Reaction score
I think that very well MIGHT be it.
I think Jerry was so confident that this year would turn out well enough that he could justify extending Garrett. There was no fallback plan. When the season went as badly as it did Jerry was caught off guard. Garrett is still on board for a reason. Those 2 days of meetings weren't to prepare for a change at the HC position. Jerry can now sabotage interviews with conditions that guys like McCarthy, Meyer, etc. would balk at. In the end Jerry can claim that the interviews didn't produce a situation that would be better than extending his boy. There will be changes at the DC & ST level & that's about it.

That would be the final nail in the coffin for me. He would be taking a huge crap on fans everywhere! Jerry could officially go F himself if this is his plan.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not sure it matters but Glazer just said on Fox pregame that McCarthys meeting went well enough that he stayed in Dallas another night so they could meet again.
doesnt sound like a token interview.

garyv

Reaction score
"Mike McCarthy plans to install a 14-person football technology department with an 8-person analytics team."

that sounds intriguing, not sure the Jones' boys would know what that even means.

Where did you get this info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.