NFL Poll : Who is the best pass rusher in the league?

adamknite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2459351 said:
Yeah....Woodley

Obviously we have different books....:D

Hos's book

51ASBE5X70L.jpg

:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adamknite;2459352 said:
Hos's book

51ASBE5X70L.jpg

:p:
Man, if I need that book I'm in serious trouble. I spent a lot of money on a degree in English.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2459351 said:
Yeah....Woodley

Obviously we have different books....:D

Woodley's a fine rusher, but he's not as disruptive as Harrison. What really amazes me is that Harrison went undrafted, spent years on the practice squad, then ran mostly special teams, never really getting a shot to be a focus until when they got rid of Joey Porter.

I mean that's a pretty darn good way to get to where he is, you can't hate on that.

We spent a very high pick on Ware, we expected a lot from him and he hasn't disappointed. But to go from undrafted to potential MVP, like Romo, is pretty special.

adamknite

Reaction score
Hostile;2459355 said:
Man, if I need that book I'm in serious trouble. I spent a lot of money on a degree in English.

That's the beauty of the joke. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2459361 said:
Woodley's a fine rusher, but he's not as disruptive as Harrison. What really amazes me is that Harrison went undrafted, spent years on the practice squad, then ran mostly special teams, never really getting a shot to be a focus until when they got rid of Joey Porter.

I mean that's a pretty darn good way to get to where he is, you can't hate on that.

We spent a very high pick on Ware, we expected a lot from him and he hasn't disappointed. But to go from undrafted to potential MVP, like Romo, is pretty special.

ah I see....Ware still better and I'd still rather have Ware than him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2457173 said:
Reggie is the best I ever saw and I've seen Harvey, Deacon, and Bruce as well. No one combined his pure power with his kind of speed and size.

I will say this though. None of them could have played OLB in a 3-4 and covered receivers.

Deacon Jones was the best IMO although he wasn't as strong as Reggie. Deacon Jones was a dirty player. They finally had to stop the head slap as no one could handle him. He's one of the truly mean guys I've ever seen on a field of play. I'm sure there were arguably meaner and dirtier but he is in the top Ten at least.

He and Merlin Olsen were almost unstoppable. But he didn't beat up on on one Cowboy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;2459372 said:
Deacon Jones was the best IMO although he wasn't as strong as Reggie. Deacon Jones was a dirty player. They finally had to stop the head slap as no one could handle him. He's one of the truly mean guys I've ever seen on a field of play. I'm sure there were arguably meaner and dirtier but he is in the top Ten at least.

He and Merlin Olsen were almost unstoppable. But he didn't beat up on on one Cowboy.
Tell me this.

Deacon and Reggie, no head slap allowed. Who would you take?

Deacon and Reggie, allowing the head slap. Who would you take?

My answer is Reggie both times.

Deacon was owned by Rayfield Wright. Reggie by Big E.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Harrison's QB sack and pressures have come at the expense of the most sacked QBs in the NFL. He has multiple sack games against these type of QBs and big fat zeros against other QBs.

Ware puts up multiple sack games when facing these QBs too, but brings pressure consistently no matter which QB he faces.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2459366 said:
ah I see....Ware still better and I'd still rather have Ware than him.

I never said he was better than Ware.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
03EBZ06;2459744 said:
I could be wrong but I pretty sure DWare has two PDs but Kirwan gives no credit to Dware.

NFL.com does not credit Ware with a PD this season. I'm sure, considering his place of employment, that was his source of information.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Kirwan's formula, much like his Strength and Speed Scores in the draft, is a good idea but it just doesn't make a lot of sense in the way it's calculated.

How are sacks, knockdowns and hurries all equal in value? Since they all have different impacts in a game they should also impact the formula differently. Sacks should be weighted the heaviest, then knockdowns (which are basically just really good hurries), and then hurries.

Taking total tackles is also misleading. The stats should be split up into solo tackles and assists with solos being weighted higher.There should also be an inclusion for TFL

I struggle with the idea of awarding any points for safeties simply because they're just sacks that have a different impact because of where they occur on the field. If you award points for safeties then shouldn't you award points for hurries/knockdowns that lead to INTs? Shouldn't you award points for FFs that are returned for TDs by teammates? Shouldn't you award more points for a crucial sack than a garbage time sack?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I just created a formula that is more in line with how I think the stats should be weighted. I only compared Woodley, Harrison and Ware but the results were...

Ware: 54.13
Woodley: 51.75
Harrison: 49.13

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
How is Harrison possibly last amongst the three of them? What factors of his game actually lost him points?