Twitter: NFL sought info on Zeke same day vid was released

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree coach, it is partly on jones boys and JG, they need to get tough with the players that cant stay out of trouble, not baby them.
DD, I don't think Garrett has anything to do with that part of it. Booger wouldn't even allow Phillips to raise the fines for players being tardy to meetings. When it comes to player discipline, Garrett has 0 power. Remember when he tried to instill that when he took over as interim HC and Barber defied him? Nothing came from that. All these coaches can do is say these players need to behave, just like his RBC did.

It is well documented within the league how Booger feels about the rules and off the field behavior. No way the NFL is going to allow the biggest enabler in the league to police his own, because he's incapable of doing that, he'd rather defend them and make excuses.

aria

Reaction score
Well the tyreek case isnt over yet is it? he may still be suspended, and I wonder did KC already cut him?
if they did no other team may sign him so he would be out like ray rice.

We dont know all the details, but nfl cant let someone get by with dv. But they also cant pick on the cowboys, The cowboys just tend to sign some
real bozo's Remember sam hurd? He was selling pounds of weed, then there was purple drank guy, williams, wilson, elliot, and the one I liked the most
is the underwear thief randall lol.
They had to baby sit dez to keep him out of trouble, and they should evidently do that with elliot and some of the others.
Exactly, Jerry is the king of bringing in all these projects whether it be injuries, drug issues or character issues at discounted rates. He prides himself on it and thinks he’s smarter than the rest of the league by doing it. A couple have payed off and many haven’t. Maybe once Jerry realizes he’s running a professional football team and not a half way house then people will see some of these suspensions disappear.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
DD, I don't think Garrett has anything to do with that part of it. Booger wouldn't even allow Phillips to raise the fines for players being tardy to meetings. When it comes to player discipline, Garrett has 0 power. Remember when he tried to instill that when he took over as interim HC and Barber defied him? Nothing came from that. All these coaches can do is say these players need to behave, just like his RBC did.

It is well documented within the league how Booger feels about the rules and off the field behavior. No way the NFL is going to allow the biggest enabler in the league to police his own, because he's incapable of doing that, he'd rather defend them and make excuses.
Well if that is true, then that could be a good reason for league to be a little harsher on Dallas players, because of the owner.
And on top of that didnt Jerry make a move or say something about they should get a new commish?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
On a side note , I just happened to watch daily mail a tv show, and kellen winslow, who played for SD for years, made 40 mil in his career.
got arrested for raping a homeless woman ! lol supposedly he offered to buy her a cup of coffee, but instead took her somewhere and raped her.
they showed his upper body in mug shots and he was covered in crazy tattoo's.
He is also now being charged with rape of a 17 yr old girl, and another rape and burglary of a 71 yr old woman.
They did not say, but I wonder if he is broke now, or just crazy?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really? Has Zeke got a life long ban already or are you just spreading more lies to convince others to join your conspiracy theory? So I’m still waiting, what other Cowboys other than Zeke have got much more for doing much less?

Caution: I already have a website ready to go that will shoot you down so you better have definitive evidence and be sure your ducks are in a row. Perhaps YOU should do more research before you start making such bold accusations.
Very simple... 1 case. Zeke should not have been suspended those 6 games in 2017. For what? DV? Where was the proof? Zeke was ultimately declared innocent of DV charges by the DA and police investigating his case. His charges were dropped.

Where is your proof justifying Goodell suspending Zeke for those DV charges...which were dropped?

Little Jr

Reaction score
Very simple... 1 case. Zeke should not have been suspended those 6 games in 2017. For what? DV? Where was the proof? Zeke was ultimately declared innocent of DV charges by the DA and police investigating his case. His charges were dropped.

Where is your proof justifying Goodell suspending Zeke for those DV charges...which were dropped?
The da did not untimely declare Zeke innocent.

“For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened. Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things. Charging decisions are taken very seriously and we use best efforts to conduct thorough and detailed investigations.”
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.wfaa.com/amp/article?section=sports&subsection=nfl&topic=cowboys&headline=prosecutor-believes-cowboys-rb-elliott-accuser-had-violent-incidents&contentId=287-345206112

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand, no charges doesn't equal innocent. This is why i have no issues with the NFL handling it on their own. They need to be more consistent and have a better plan but I don't have a issue with them getting involved.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The da did not untimely declare Zeke innocent.

“For the Ezekiel Elliott matter, I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened. Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things. Charging decisions are taken very seriously and we use best efforts to conduct thorough and detailed investigations.”
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.wfaa.com/amp/article?section=sports&subsection=nfl&topic=cowboys&headline=prosecutor-believes-cowboys-rb-elliott-accuser-had-violent-incidents&contentId=287-345206112

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand, no charges doesn't equal innocent. This is why i have no issues with the NFL handling it on their own. They need to be more consistent and have a better plan but I don't have a issue with them getting involved.
So you have no issues with her recorded/written threats saying she was going to make ish up in order to ruin Zeke's life simply for leaving her? Hmm? Not evidence enough proving malicious intent against Zeke and his innocence for you?

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I hope the turd gets suspended. Not that it would teach him anything. But maybe it will help the FO think twice about giving the punk 16 million per year.
And yet another "turd" who's life is not being run down by TMZ acting like they never did anything wrong. LOL!

Little Jr

Reaction score
So you have no issues with her recorded/written threats saying she was going to make ish up in order to ruin Zeke's life simply for leaving her? Hmm? Not evidence enough proving malicious intent against Zeke and his innocence for you?
There were different incidents and she admitted to lying about one. He wasn't suspended for that one. She stuck to her story on the other one. Do I believe her? Not really. Once someone lies its hard for me to believe them. But just because someone lies once or 1000 times doesn't mean they never tell the truth. But the more they lie the harder it is to believe them. Which is probably why they didn't charge him with anything. It's hard for a da to prove a case when the accuser is known to lie.

Overall I dont think he did it but I'm not willing to put money or anything important on it. Seeing him follow the girl on the video and trying to stop her and then bowing up to the security, isn't a good look. I could see where he could be drunk and get into it with a female and lose it and put his hands in her. It's been shown he can't handle his alcohol.

I haven't read all this thread so I'm not saying you are one of these people, but people keep talking about conspiracy and bias. I've called bull**** on that many times. But lets play the fantasy land theory. If Zeke knows that there is a bias and the league is out to get us and suspend the cowboy players at all cost, then I question his intelligence. If he knows all eyes are on him then why do stupid ****? Fans want to scapegoat everything with Goodell but the players need to reach between their legs, grab their ears and pull their head out of their ***. At some point fans need to hold the player accountable for their actions and stop using the conspiracy theory and the " he's young and what did you do when you were young", excuse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There were different incidents and she admitted to lying about one. He wasn't suspended for that one. She stuck to her story on the other one. Do I believe her? Not really. Once someone lies its hard for me to believe them. But just because someone lies once or 1000 times doesn't mean they never tell the truth. But the more they lie the harder it is to believe them. Which is probably why they didn't charge him with anything. It's hard for a da to prove a case when the accuser is known to lie.

Overall I dont think he did it but I'm not willing to put money or anything important on it. Seeing him follow the girl on the video and trying to stop her and then bowing up to the security, isn't a good look. I could see where he could be drunk and get into it with a female and lose it and put his hands in her. It's been shown he can't handle his alcohol.

I haven't read all this thread so I'm not saying you are one of these people, but people keep talking about conspiracy and bias. I've called bull**** on that many times. But lets play the fantasy land theory. If Zeke knows that there is a bias and the league is out to get us and suspend the cowboy players at all cost, then I question his intelligence. If he knows all eyes are on him then why do stupid ****? Fans want to scapegoat everything with Goodell but the players need to reach between their legs, grab their ears and pull their head out of their ***. At some point fans need to hold the player accountable for their actions and stop using the conspiracy theory and the " he's young and what did you do when you were young", excuse.
Zeke is an alcoholic. He needs therapy and rehab. Not excusing his behavior but everyone can see he acts up only when he's drunk. As for the league office, yes, I strongly believe it has an agenda against Jerry and his Cowboys team.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Zeke is an alcoholic. He needs therapy and rehab. Not excusing his behavior but everyone can see he acts up only when he's drunk. As for the league office, yes, I strongly believe it has an agenda against Jerry and his Cowboys team.
There is, and never has been, any evidence of that. You can go tp 31 other team forums and you'll see the same thing that the league is out to get them. You'll actually see that teams like us and the pats are their favorites. There reason is, that we are popular and bring ratings so they try to take care of US and don't care about them because they're not a cash cow like us. I think this theory is stupid too but it makes more sense than, we are the league's cash cow and ratings cow, but the NFL is going to try to hurt their cash and rating cow because they don't like us.

12-4 or 4-12,we'll get ratings and bring in the money. But the better we are the better the ratings will be and the more money we'll bring in. Both good for the NFL, so no way they're going to hurt that. That's why other team fans have a smarter argument on us being the darlings to the NFL. If anything, they would try to help us, not hurt us.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is, and never has been, any evidence of that. You can go tp 31 other team forums and you'll see the same thing that the league is out to get them. You'll actually see that teams like us and the pats are their favorites. There reason is, that we are popular and bring ratings so they try to take care of US and don't care about them because they're not a cash cow like us. I think this theory is stupid too but it makes more sense than, we are the league's cash cow and ratings cow, but the NFL is going to try to hurt their cash and rating cow because they don't like us.

12-4 or 4-12,we'll get ratings and bring in the money. But the better we are the better the ratings will be and the more money we'll bring in. Both good for the NFL, so no way they're going to hurt that. That's why other team fans have a smarter argument on us being the darlings to the NFL. If anything, they would try to help us, not hurt us.
Totally disagree. Check out who Goodell has himself surrounded by? An ex-Giant, ex-Eagle and other ex-executives and players who have despised the Cowboys. I wouldn't doubt it if they are in Goodell's ear when it comes to the Cowboys . Look at how the officials so obviously have called playoff games against the Cowboys in recent playoff years. Plus, they likely want to set the example for the league, so who better than to go harsh against their move famous team? You go ahead and believe the league is fair, but I'll side with the obvious.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don't believe the league is worried about Zeke knocking over the event employee. Zeke knocked out a DJ for heaven sake and the league closed the case. The league is concerned about him chasing down his girlfriend and the fact that he was under the influence of something. If that girlfriend says Zeke did something to her, he is getting another 6 games. I am concerned.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Zeke did anything deserving an overly harsh penalty.

Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't happen. :rolleyes:

In this particular instance, I would imagine a game or two w/b plenty!

Brax

Reaction score
Yet, some in here argue that Goodell and his minions don't have beef against Zeke, Jerry and the Cowboys? How much more evidence do you need???
wake up, there is no bias it's all in your head. Stupid is as stupid does, Zeke did stupid ,(yet again). It remains to be seen if a suspension is coming but if it does it's no ones fault but Zeke for putting himself in this position.

Brax

Reaction score
I bet you think OJ was innocent too...........

John813

Reaction score
People claiming **** without even knowing if there will be a suspension or fine .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is a knucklehead for being in that situation... so let me get that out of the way.

But any action that takes serious cash out of his pocket from work on that nothingburger of an issue because of "protecting the shield" is total B.S...

There was film of another RB stomping on a down female... and yet got nothing but I guess a defacto "time-served" response
Are you talking about Hunt? Has the NFL actually said he isn’t being suspended?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet, some in here argue that Goodell and his minions don't have beef against Zeke, Jerry and the Cowboys? How much more evidence do you need???
Because they asked for info when they found out there was an incident?

Last edited: