Twitter: NFL sought info on Zeke same day vid was released

Verdict

Reaction score
Zeke has issues. Stupidity is probably one of them.

I’m not sure how anyone can say that there is no anti Cowboys bias. The team was punished for violating a salary cap that didn’t even exist.

Cowboys players catch suspensions for very minor offenses, while guys from other teams with more serious offenses skate.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Roger and Co have it in for the Cowboys. But hey, that’s just my opinion. That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks these days.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys players catch suspensions for very minor offenses, while guys from other teams with more serious offenses skate.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Roger and Co have it in for the Cowboys. But hey, that’s just my opinion. That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks these days.
Fans like to say this, but the truth is almost all the Cowboy offenses are the result of drug testing. If a player flunks he gets suspended. That doesn’t just apply to the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You keep believing there is no conspiracy all you want. The evidence is there when other players who commit worse offenses get less punishment, while Zeke and some other Cowboys get more for less. THERE IS A CONSPIRACY.

Amazing. So who is the conspiracy against? Just Zeke or the Cowboys as a whole?

And please present your evidence, I would like to hear it. I asked you to mention other Cowboys that were treated unfairly by the league. I didn't see you name any.

So far we have Zeke that the league felt there was sufficient evidence that he abused his GF. He also had multiple infractions prior to that including at least one bar fight, being drunk, and pulling a girls shirt off at a parade. Not sure if they were all lumped together, but he got 6.

One guy getting 6 games hardly unveils a league wide conspiracy.

For telling a guy to deflate a football by Brady, that there was no concrete evidence, Brady got 4 games? Conspiracy?

blueblood70

Reaction score
what five threads on speculation? ant we just FN Wait ?

all these debates on what might or might not happen get tiresome.. isnt there football camps going on now with real news?
RG is DB hes never consistent and he has let lots of players off easier then zeke got it with more evidence and worse offenses..he owes zeke pass IMO because that was bad suspension and his lighter sentences since prove he realized this..FK RG..hate that btc

phildadon86

Reaction score
I get the conspiracy theory regarding Goodell and the cowboys, but this comment is just plain ignorant.
How is it ignorant? Up to this point. Both have gotten a pass. Zeke was suspended for the notion that he had done something. Hill has a recording of him and foster has been accused twice.

The only ignorance is you sitting there claiming my comment to be ignorant while ignoring the fact all I said was 2 other guys in the league who should have been suspended walked off scot free. At least up until this point.

phildadon86

Reaction score
W

how do you know Hill will get a pass? I would ask the same about Foster, but I don’t know about that situation
I dont know he will. The nfl said they were done their investigation before the tapes were released. So obviously they didnt really go dig too deep there. And foster has been accused twice now of domestic assault.

Twice. Zeke was accused once and got 6 games. Foster got a little fine..Zeke lost all of his bonus.

Its a joke

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How is it ignorant? Up to this point. Both have gotten a pass. Zeke was suspended for the notion that he had done something. Hill has a recording of him and foster has been accused twice.

The only ignorance is you sitting there claiming my comment to be ignorant while ignoring the fact all I said was 2 other guys in the league who should have been suspended walked off scot free. At least up until this point.

Tyreek Hill has gotten no pass, and if you want to comment on your knowledge of the situation, then you should know that.

It is well known that Tyreek's questioning by the league has been delayed.

"Applying more basic logic, the league’s decision to delay its investigation while the Child Protective Services matter remains active suggests that the league has specific questions and concerns regarding the overall circumstances that resulted in Hill’s son being removed from Hill’s custody, regardless of whether those circumstances involve violence or threats of violence or emotional abuse."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ension-is-possible-without-proof-of-violence/

The article then goes on to explain about 10 different reasons he's probably getting suspended at the very least for disrupting league PR. The league still fully intends to run a complete investigation on Tyreek Hill which will very likely results in some form of punishment, whether it be at Zeke's level or something more minor, but you proclaim to the message board "He got off scot free!" has 2 implications here:

A) You had absolutely no idea, and you're posting out of your butt. This is what the word 'ignorant' was invented for.

or

B) You had full knowledge the NFL's investigation into Tyreek had not yet started, and you chose to lie about that to prop up your conspiracy about Zeke. You have now continued to lie about this information to try and get out of being caught lying. I can't imagine it's this one, but you seem pretty determined to say you're not being ignorant. But then if you were ignorant, how would you know? Because you wouldn't.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I dont know he will. The nfl said they were done their investigation before the tapes were released. So obviously they didnt really go dig too deep there. And foster has been accused twice now of domestic assault.

Twice. Zeke was accused once and got 6 games. Foster got a little fine..Zeke lost all of his bonus.

Its a joke

Yes you do, you said he already got off scot free. Unless you made that up?

And the NFL NEVER said they were done with their investigation until the tape was released. the police said that. The NFL hadn't even started their investigation. More ignorance.

aria

Reaction score
Very simple... 1 case. Zeke should not have been suspended those 6 games in 2017. For what? DV? Where was the proof? Zeke was ultimately declared innocent of DV charges by the DA and police investigating his case. His charges were dropped.

Where is your proof justifying Goodell suspending Zeke for those DV charges...which were dropped?
Did I ever say Zeke didn’t get screwed in that case? Please quote me. IMOF, I’ve saud several times that I thought he did. One case doesn’t mean the NFL is conspiring against the Cowboys. Whether it’s bad officiating or Zeke’s one case, people like you over exaggerate.

Whether Zeke got shafted wrongfully or not doesn’t change the fact he’s acted like an idiot since and hasn’t learned a thing.

I’m still waiting on you to give me examples of how so many Cowboys players have received a lot more for a lot less outside of Zeke. One isolated case in the NFL doesn’t prove a conspiracy. A lot of teams could say the same thing if that were the case.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Did I ever say Zeke didn’t get screwed in that case? Please quote me. IMOF, I’ve saud several times that I thought he did. One case doesn’t mean the NFL is conspiring against the Cowboys. Whether it’s bad officiating or Zeke’s one case, people like you over exaggerate.

Whether Zeke got shafted wrongfully or not doesn’t change the fact he’s acted like an idiot since and hasn’t learned a thing.

I’m still waiting on you to give me examples of how so many Cowboys players have received a lot more for a lot less outside of Zeke. One isolated case in the NFL doesn’t prove a conspiracy. A lot of teams could say the same thing if that were the case.

You mention officiating but it wasn’t an issue of over exaggerating the lack of holding calls when our defense played.

In 2017 there was the 8 game stretch where they didn’t get a single one called. Something like 35 straight quarters where our defenders somehow never got held.Then in 2018 it happened again between week 2 and the end of November. No holding calls.

Add in the “snap infraction” game. A call which none of us had ever heard before for a thing LP has done every game for 15 years. Or the eagles game where the broadcast team tweeted about the lack of penalties against the eagles for kelce pass blocking too far downfield, etc.

There have been 30 penalty free games since 2000.

Somehow, 5 of those came vs Dallas.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke has issues. Stupidity is probably one of them.

I’m not sure how anyone can say that there is no anti Cowboys bias. The team was punished for violating a salary cap that didn’t even exist.

I’m sorry, didn’t the Commanders and Saints get punished as well for the cap violation that didn’t exist? Oh, that’s right they did but not quite to the same level because they didn’t go to the same extreme.

Add in bounty gate, the suspensions and fines that came with it plus the blown playoff call and the Saints have more to cry about whennit comes to conspiracies.

When I get home, I’ll be more than happy to post a link to all of the monetary fines and suspensions each team has had over the past 5-10 years and I would love for you to get back to me about how the Cowboys catch suspensions/fines for very minor violations compared to other teams.

IMOF, why don’t you compare the alleged Goodell favorites (Giants) vs us over the past 5 years and get back to me about who is more favored. If it weren’t fir drug violations (and Zeke) Dallas wouldn’t even be in the conversation and the drig violations are 100% on the player and have nothing to do with Goodell.

aria

Reaction score
You mention officiating but it wasn’t an issue of over exaggerating the lack of holding calls when our defense played.

In 2017 there was the 8 game stretch where they didn’t get a single one called. Something like 35 straight quarters where our defenders somehow never got held.Then in 2018 it happened again between week 2 and the end of November. No holding calls.

Add in the “snap infraction” game. A call which none of us had ever heard before for a thing LP has done every game for 15 years. Or the eagles game where the broadcast team tweeted about the lack of penalties against the eagles for kelce pass blocking too far downfield, etc.

There have been 30 penalty free games since 2000.

Somehow, 5 of those came vs Dallas.
Every team can pick apart certain plays and stats to maje the same case. Ever see a non PI call against a team that coukd gave cost them the NFC Championship game like the Saints? Go ask them how they feel.

Ever see such a blown call as Hochuli had against the Chargers that cost them a playoff spot? Go ask them about bias.

Go ask the Detroit Lions about the Hitchens PI that was called and then they picked up the flags or the fact there was no penalty against Dez for running out on the field with his helmet off to argue with officials.

Why don’t you ask the Giants why their best player was suspended for one game, which happened to have major playoff implications, for having 3 personal misconduct flags in one game? Has that even happened before? I thought the Giants were Goodells favorite team?

Or why did the Giants have the least amount of rest days and play the most teams coming off a bye a few years ago? I thought Mara and Goodell were besties?

The Patriots might have something to say anout losing draft picks, fines and suspensions as well. Before all that happened a lot of people here were saying Goodell always hooked up Kraft because they were “friends”.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you have no issues with her recorded/written threats saying she was going to make ish up in order to ruin Zeke's life simply for leaving her? Hmm? Not evidence enough proving malicious intent against Zeke and his innocence for you?
Actually, that is not what she intimated, she said she'd get him, make him pay and one can take that as making it up or doing what she said she would not do when they made up and she forgave him.

I do not get why anyone here has to decide guilt or innocence with the lack of evidence. Some believe him only because he's a Cowboy and I do not use that convenience as we've had far too many guilty ones.

When all of this came out, I gathered as much factual information as I could and what you responded to had the greatest impact, if I were one of the 4 on that panel that Goodell used. That is an elected official in one of the biggest football towns in the US looking at trying the football stud. If I am the DA, I am looking at any way out of that because even if they win, they lose. Some are going to never forgive them without irrefutable proof and even then, some will not.

I look at everything I know about this guy, beginning with his father having to move to Columbus, a first for me. The charges and how he responded to being under investigation at the parade. Even including that ridiculous attire at the draft and I ask myself 'is he capable of hitting her with both of them admitting drugs and alcohol were involved in their relationship'? Yes, I believe he is capable of that.

What I don't get are all of these posters attesting to his innocence and stating he was railroaded all because he wears that uniform. They make ludicrous statements about his innocence while seemingly ignoring the lack of evidence and his behavior pattern.

I do think, just as the prosecutor's office does, that it did get violent but I do not believe he's an abuser of women. I think things got sideways, with the presence of the greatest contributor to that in this country, alcohol which he seems to have an affinity for, and they made up but then he dumped her and that "woman scorned" kicked in.

This, is just my opinion based on everything I know that was made available at the time and nothing new has come forward and certainly no behavior from Elliott to dissuade me from the "I think he did it" faction here. But at least I am saying "I think he did it" instead of "I know he didn't".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Btw, on Hill, they determined a long time ago (though it was not made public) that neither he or his fiance broke the kids arm, and it was consistent with bracing from a fall. That doesn't mean there aren't other potential abuse problems, but you can put that part to bed. And also his fiance is being looked at for Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) is a mental health problem in which a caregiver makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under his or her care, such as a child, an elderly adult, or a person who has a disability. Because vulnerable people are the victims, MSBP is a form of child abuse or elder abuse.

Note:Since most cases of MSBP are between a caregiver (usually a mother) and a child, the rest of this topic will describe that relationship. But it is important to remember that MSBP can involve any vulnerable person who has a caregiver.

The caregiver with MSBP may:

• Lie about the child's symptoms.
  • Change test results to make a child appear to be ill.
  • Physically harm the child to produce symptoms.
https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hw180537

Also, the Hill situation is relatively new (March), where it took over a year for Zeke to be suspended after the allegations were made. And as has been pointed out, the NFL is waiting for permission to be able to interview Hill about the matter.

As for Hunt:

1. What he did was far less than what the league said Zeke did (it doesn't matter if you believe Zeke did it - I don't - that is what the NFL is punishing him for and what the severity is based on).
2. He was released from his team.
3. He was placed on the commissioner's exempt list for the rest of 2018
4. He has been suspended for 8 games of 2019.

Now can we stop trying to act like these two players in any way shape or form indicate a conspiracy against the Cowboys (doesn't mean there isn't one, just that these are two terribly idiotic examples to use as an argument)?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Are you talking about Hunt? Has the NFL actually said he isn’t being suspended?
He was suspended 8 games (in 2019). That's after being on the exempt list the remainder of last season.

GMO415

Reaction score
Shocker. In reality, it's best to conduct investigations while the information is still fresh.