NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rogah is Tom Brady.
I'm kinda skeptical. One could print everything Rogah has posted over the past seven months on just this site alone, sit the stack side-by-side next to a copy of War And Peace and make Tolstoy's masterpiece look miniature by comparison. On the other hand, Brady hasn't publicly commented very much during same time frame. In my opinion, Rogah's is just am overly zealous Bradyian.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'm kinda skeptical. One could print everything Rogah has posted over the past seven months on just this site alone, sit the stack side-by-side next to a copy of War And Peace and make Tolstoy's masterpiece look miniature by comparison. On the other hand, Brady hasn't publicly commented very much during same time frame. In my opinion, Rogah's is just am overly zealous Bradyian.

Until I see them side by side.... It's Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson all over again!

Lmao

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until I see them side by side.... It's Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson all over again!

Lmao
how-to-unlock-cell-phone-1.jpg

What have you done for me lately?
Ooo ooo ooo yeah!
What have you... er... wassup with that hammer, Tom..?​

slick325

Reaction score
Kraft apologizing to everyone except the two employees he suspended. You know the only two people who have lost their jobs for what Kraft said no one did wrong.

Why would that be?? Is anyone going to ask Kraft or Brady why they aren't defending the honor of two people who worked for them?

It was reported by Adam Schefter back in May that the NFL asked the Pats to suspend to two employees and he capitulated. "NFL asked Pats to suspend them prior to discipline being handed down, per a league source in New York," Schefter wrote. "New England obliged with the NFL's request."

Also, From the NFL's release announcing the Pats punishment (emphasis mine): "Patriots owner Robert Kraft advised Commissioner Roger Goodell last week that Patriots employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club, effective on May 6th. Neither of these individuals may be reinstated without the prior approval of NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...spended-deflategate-employees-at-nfls-request

Mr. Kraft will probably reinstate them if he could and he remarks about regretting putting his faith in the League may encompass this as well. Speculation on my part but I think Mr. Kraft did all these things the League asked...suspend the employees; accept the fine and taking of draft picks; etc. in hopes that it would bode well for his QB.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Why no apology from Kraft to those two guys then? He specifically apologized to everyone else affected less.

Sure is admirable to fire underlings to protect a superior. And by the way those guys were doing the bidding of their superiors and their text exchanges reveal that. That's why the NFL wanted them suspended too. Kraft sold them out and so did Brady. That's what guilty dishonorable people do.

It was reported by Adam Schefter back in May that the NFL asked the Pats to suspend to two employees and he capitulated. "NFL asked Pats to suspend them prior to discipline being handed down, per a league source in New York," Schefter wrote. "New England obliged with the NFL's request."

Also, From the NFL's release announcing the Pats punishment (emphasis mine): "Patriots owner Robert Kraft advised Commissioner Roger Goodell last week that Patriots employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club, effective on May 6th. Neither of these individuals may be reinstated without the prior approval of NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...spended-deflategate-employees-at-nfls-request

Mr. Kraft will probably reinstate them if he could and he remarks about regretting putting his faith in the League may encompass this as well. Speculation on my part but I think Mr. Kraft did all these things the League asked...suspend the employees; accept the fine and taking of draft picks; etc. in hopes that it would bode well for his QB.

slick325

Reaction score
"I was wrong to put my faith in the league." Jones and Snyder know that feel bro.

As well as the young Davis in Oakland. I said back in May that I think Goodell's job could be in jeopardy because there a powerful group of owners that have soured on him. Mr. Jones, Mr. Snyder, Mr. Davis and now Mr. Kraft. It would take 20 votes by the Executive Committee to remove the Commissioner. The Executive Committee is comprised of one representative and one alternate representative from each of the 32 teams appointed by their respective teams.The members must be either owners or holders of an interest or officers of member clubs in the league, and each member holds one vote. I am not implying that the 20 votes are there BUT the particular owners I listed above are very influential and can sway votes when necessary.

Again, the process is a lengthy one but Goodell could be in trouble.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just a guess, but Goodell and Kraft probably aren't exchanging Christmas cards again this year.

LOL my favorite part of this is Kraft assuming he could count on the ol boy network and it burned him.

No honor amongst thieves they say. Both of these guys are snakes its hilarious to watch them turn on each other.

slick325

Reaction score
Why no apology from Kraft to those two guys then? He specifically apologized to everyone else affected less.

Sure is admirable to fire underlings to protect a superior. And by the way those guys were doing the bidding of their superiors and their text exchanges reveal that. That's why the NFL wanted them suspended too. Kraft sold them out and so did Brady. That's what guilty dishonorable people do.

No argument from me on any of your points. He should apologize to them and I absolutely believe that they were doing Tom Brady's bidding. I do think that they would get there jobs back if the NFL lifted the suspension. Especially since Mr. Kraft and Tom Brady said no one with the Pats did anything wrong.

Staubacher

Reaction score
No argument from me on any of your points. He should apologize to them and I absolutely believe that they were doing Tom Brady's bidding. I do think that they would get there jobs back if the NFL lifted the suspension. Especially since Mr. Kraft and Tom Brady said no one with the Pats did anything wrong.

Saying that and believing that are two different things but good points.

khiladi

Reaction score
This was systematic though. To me, it's always been about minimum punishment and Brady is the 'fall guy' for 4 games that absolves the Patriots organization. The leak of this information when it first happened put the NFL in a tough position.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Desperate Brady gonna be like,

"But Goodell, you destroyed evidence in Spygate..."

LOL yeah the Pats are appalled that Goodell didn't whitewash their cheating this time. I think Goodell is furious he took so much heat for protecting them the first time he said never again.

I can only imagine the back room discussions going on...

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL yeah the Pats are appalled that Goodell didn't whitewash their cheating this time. I think Goodell is furious he took so much heat for protecting them the first time he said never again.

I can only imagine the back room discussions going on...

The owners must be furious as well. How arrogant does KRAFT have to be to think that he can get away with multiple SBs at the expense of owners? Are the owners just suppose to sit back and watch the value of his franchise continue to grow while their own doesn't... Their must be grumblings within.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As well as the young Davis in Oakland. I said back in May that I think Goodell's job could be in jeopardy because there a powerful group of owners that have soured on him. Mr. Jones, Mr. Snyder, Mr. Davis and now Mr. Kraft. It would take 20 votes by the Executive Committee to remove the Commissioner. The Executive Committee is comprised of one representative and one alternate representative from each of the 32 teams appointed by their respective teams.The members must be either owners or holders of an interest or officers of member clubs in the league, and each member holds one vote. I am not implying that the 20 votes are there BUT the particular owners I listed above are very influential and can sway votes when necessary.

Again, the process is a lengthy one but Goodell could be in trouble.

While each of them have separate issues with how the Commissioner has handled certain areas of his job, I think this decision was a 'plus' in his overall report card and not a 'minus'.

Plenty of other owners have complained for years of the Patriots skirting the rules and getting away with it. I think there are a lot of them happy with this decision.

As Bill Polian eloquently stated last night, "The Commissioner's #1 job is to protect the integrity of the game". With this decision, I think he's doing his best to do precisely that.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
As an aside, not sure if anyone else heard Mr. Kraft address the media moments ago but it sounds like Goodell has lost an ally.

"I was wrong to put my faith in the league." Robert Kraft

What I got out of his statement was that he (Kraft) lied when he came out several months ago stating that he would accept the punishment because it was in the best interest of the league (the other 31 owners) to not fight it. Now today, he apologizes to his fans for not fighting it before because he thought that by not fighting it that the league would not suspend Brady. Which is it, Kraft?

slick325

Reaction score
While each of them have separate issues with how the Commissioner has handled certain areas of his job, I think this decision was a 'plus' in his overall report card and not a 'minus'.

Plenty of other owners have complained for years of the Patriots skirting the rules and getting away with it. I think there are a lot of them happy with this decision.

As Bill Polian eloquently stated last night, "The Commissioner's #1 job is to protect the integrity of the game". With this decision, I think he's doing his best to do precisely that.

I'm sure that there are owners that are happy with the decision to fine the Pats and take draft picks as well as the upheld suspension of Tom Brady. There are 32 different personalities that own separate entities so they will likely think differently.

I have no clue whether this is a plus or minus. Or whether Goodell did the right thing or not. I say this because I really don't know what standards and procedures the Commissioners office uses when issuing these edicts. I honestly think he is winging things Stash and making up punishments as it pertains specifically to the Personal Conduct Policy and Integrity of the Game matters. As for the great Bill Polian, who I have a great deal of respect for and like as a person, he is former management in the NFL and will likely always side with the League offices...no different than Harold Henderson (who I also respect as an attorney). Just my thoughts on it Stash...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its apparent with all the protesting that not only brady but also kraft and lots o f others in pats team are involved in this as well. I personally don't think any thing goes on with that team that belicheat don't know about.

slick325

Reaction score
What I got out of his statement was that he (Kraft) lied when he came out several months ago stating that he would accept the punishment because it was in the best interest of the league (the other 31 owners) to not fight it. Now today, he apologizes to his fans for not fighting it before because he thought that by not fighting it that the league would not suspend Brady. Which is it, Kraft?

LF, I believe Mr. Kraft genuinely was doing it for the benefit of the League because he spoke with several other owners and I think that influenced his thinking. Do I also believe that he did so with ulterior motives? Yes. He thought, "I'll eat this fine and they'll take care of the rest." They being the League Offices.