NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I am shocked that Tom Brady is so dense as to not take his games and be done with this.

This could be over very quickly. What a goober.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure that there are owners that are happy with the decision to fine the Pats and take draft picks as well as the upheld suspension of Tom Brady. There are 32 different personalities that own separate entities so they will likely think differently.

I have no clue whether this is a plus or minus. Or whether Goodell did the right thing or not. I say this because I really don't know what standards and procedures the Commissioners office uses when issuing these edicts. I honestly think he is winging things Stash and making up punishments as it pertains specifically to the Personal Conduct Policy and Integrity of the Game matters. As for the great Bill Polian, who I have a great deal of respect for and like as a person, he is former management in the NFL and will likely always side with the League offices...no different than Harold Henderson (who I also respect as an attorney). Just my thoughts on it Stash...

No problem, we all have our own thoughts on these things and most of it is just opinion anyway.

While I agree that the personal conduct stuff from Goodell has been a joke, I see this one as a separate issue. Unlike off-field behavior, this one has a direct impact on the field and therefore a more direct impact on the integrity of the game.

What Greg Hardy was accused of doesn't directly impact what happens between the lines. A team or player trying to gain a clear advantage on the playing field is far worse. That hurts everybody involved in the entire league.

If the competitive balance of the NFL is compromised, it stops being a sport and turns into pro wrestling. There are enough conspiracy theories that float around about pro football being "fixed" already. Anything that provides people with more ammunition does far more damage in my opinion than what a few players do off the field.

Just my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I got out of his statement was that he (Kraft) lied when he came out several months ago stating that he would accept the punishment because it was in the best interest of the league (the other 31 owners) to not fight it. Now today, he apologizes to his fans for not fighting it before because he thought that by not fighting it that the league would not suspend Brady. Which is it, Kraft?

It's exactly what it sounded like to me, essentially saying:

"I thought by taking the team imposed penalties, we would be able to get Brady off on his suspension"

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
LF, I believe Mr. Kraft genuinely was doing it for the benefit of the League because he spoke with several other owners and I think that influenced his thinking. Do I also believe that he did so with ulterior motives? Yes. He thought, "I'll eat this fine and they'll take care of the rest." They being the League Offices.

You could be right, Slick, but in his most recent statement he apologized to pats fans for not fighting it before, specifically stating that he thought Goodell would give Brady a reprieve as a result. Now if he had given that as a reason but included the "good of the league" as an additional reason Then I would buy your logic. Having said all of that, you may very well be right about Kraft's thought process in accepting the punishment. Right now, though, I have a hard time buying anything that comes out of the Pat's camp as truth.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I am shocked that Tom Brady is so dense as to not take his games and be done with this.

This could be over very quickly. What a goober.

I don't see any chance of Brady doing that. His attorneys feel this is all circumstantial enough that it can be contested, which is why they got rid of the one thing that might have provided that smoking gun (phone). Pretty much every non-NE fan walks away saying, "yeah, he had to have done this", but that really has no bearing in the Courtrooms.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone seen Rogah?

Perhaps I should contact Goodell and tell him to close his office blinds. It's often too late to react when you spot a laser flashing on your tie.

Again, has anyone seen Rogah?

slick325

Reaction score
No problem, we all have our own thoughts on these things and most of it is just opinion anyway.

While I agree that the personal conduct stuff from Goodell has been a joke, I see this one as a separate issue. Unlike off-field behavior, this one has a direct impact on the field and therefore a more direct impact on the integrity of the game.

What Greg Hardy was accused of doesn't directly impact what happens between the lines. A team or player trying to gain a clear advantage on the playing field is far worse. That hurts everybody involved in the entire league.

If the competitive balance of the NFL is compromised, it stops being a sport and turns into pro wrestling. There are enough conspiracy theories that float around about pro football being "fixed" already. Anything that provides people with more ammunition does far more damage in my opinion than what a few players do off the field.

Just my opinion.

I respect that opinion Stash...

LandryFan

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Rogah?

Perhaps I should contact Goodell and tell him to close his office blinds. It's often too late to react why you spot a laser flashing on your tie.

Again, has anyone seen Rogah?

He's busy devising his next defense strategy.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I don't see any chance of Brady doing that. His attorneys feel this is all circumstantial enough that it can be contested, which is why they got rid of the one thing that might have provided that smoking gun (phone). Pretty much every non-NE fan walks away saying, "yeah, he had to have done this", but that really has no bearing in the Courtrooms.

ME: YES HE HAD TO HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG.

slick325

Reaction score
You could be right, Slick, but in his most recent statement he apologized to pats fans for not fighting it before, specifically stating that he thought Goodell would give Brady a reprieve as a result. Now if he had given that as a reason but included the "good of the league" as an additional reason Then I would buy your logic. Having said all of that, you may very well be right about Kraft's thought process in accepting the punishment. Right now, though, I have a hard time buying anything that comes out of the Pat's camp as truth.

Purely speculative on my end so I acknowledge that you could be 100% correct LF. It is hard to know what is true or false coming out of Foxboro.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He's busy devising his next defense strategy.

If Tom walked up to him and said hey I'm a cheat..I did do everything I'm accused of...Rogah would still defend him.

We went thru this stuff for MONTHS where we were all idiots..the Pats were totally clean...Tom did nothing...I mean FOR MONTHS!

Funny stuff!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I found it interesting that the NFL has already filed in Federal Court to confirm the Suspension. Normally they make their rulings and let the NFLPA appeal at the State level, but it seems they are pursuing this with a lot of aggression. Tom and the Patriots must have seriously ticked off Goodell with this whole thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found it interesting that the NFL has already filed in Federal Court to confirm the Suspension. Normally they make their rulings and let the NFLPA appeal at the State level, but it seems they are pursuing this with a lot of aggression. Tom and the Patriots must have seriously ticked off Goodell with this whole thing.

Word is that it was a preemptive strike by the league to have any future procedures take place on their 'home turf' in New York.

There is some sort of a 'first filed' process that gives preference to the area in which the first action was taken.

LandryFan

Reaction score

From what I understand, the league immediately filed in New York as a preemptive strike in an attempt to keep brady's team from seeking to have the case heard by Doty in Minnesota.

Edit: I see that Idgit beat me to the punch on this. I think his is a better explanation anyways.

Last edited:

Rogah

Reaction score
so you keep avoiding the question: if Tom Brady is innocent why did he destroy his phone?
He wasn't going to give up the phone anyway, and was told he wouldn't have to, so why does what he did with it matter?

Tom Brady: First athlete in history to be punished for obeying the Laws of Physics.

Rogah

Reaction score
Word is that it was a preemptive strike by the league to have any future procedures take place on their 'home turf' in New York.

There is some sort of a 'first filed' process that gives preference to the area in which the first action was taken.
And if they did it to the Cowboys say, in the Greg Hardy case, this forum would lose their collective minds.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He wasn't going to give up the phone anyway, and was told he wouldn't have to, so why does what he did with it matter?

Tom Brady: First athlete in history to be punished for obeying the Laws of Physics.

Marching orders have been issued.