NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if they did it to the Cowboys say, in the Greg Hardy case, this forum would lose their collective minds.

You keep telling yourself that. The two cases are nothing alike, but at this point, you're grasping at any straws you can find.

But, hey, keep up the bad work!

:thumbup:

Plenty of laughs still yet to be had!

:lmao:

Rogah

Reaction score
Would you lose your mind in that case, or would it require you to be a Cowboy fan for that to take place?
I've been a Cowboys season ticket holder for 10 years. How long have you been one?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You keep posting that like we're all suppose to pat you on the back or something.

Or believe it for a second...

:rolleyes:

Here's a picture of my private box guys. Stop by the next time any of you are at the game!

football_suites_cowboys_stadium_1881758_a.jpg

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bob Kraft is going to end up with egg on his face.
The NFL could have avoided this drama had they really come down on the Pats after spy gate.
Kraft must believe his team coaches and players are above the rules.

Bob Kraft just showed his backside and what a PILE he is. Its quite obvious he has condoned and created an environment for it to thrive for years.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been a Cowboys season ticket holder for 10 years. How long have you been one?

Congratulations, Want a cookie?

53a04c6dccbc5_-_james-van-der-beek-clapping.gif

I see you have been reduced to childlike school yard retorts. My how the mighty have fallen. Sad really. Maybe its time for you to revisit that "I'm done with this" you promised after the Wells report.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted yet but here is the NFLPA response which is a road map to their strategy in Federal Court:

In response to Brady’s four-game suspension being upheld, the NFLPA released the following statement:

The Commissioner’s ruling today did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process. The NFL remains stuck with the following facts:

• The NFL had no policy that applied to players;
  • The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;
  • The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of “general awareness” to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;
  • The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and
  • The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/nflpa-calls-brady-decision-outrageous/

You aren't allowed to cheat.
Team employees can be fired but missing games is meaningless, so the only way to punish the team is fines and draft picks.
Brady can be suspended for cheating and not cooperating, that is in the CBA

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

We know by now that you're a season ticket holder. But, are you a Cowboys fan? One doesn't necessarily equal the other. You may be a season ticket holder for investment purposes for all I know (resell to highest bidder). Just curious, who will you be rooting for when NE comes to town?

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No problem, we all have our own thoughts on these things and most of it is just opinion anyway.

While I agree that the personal conduct stuff from Goodell has been a joke, I see this one as a separate issue. Unlike off-field behavior, this one has a direct impact on the field and therefore a more direct impact on the integrity of the game.

What Greg Hardy was accused of doesn't directly impact what happens between the lines. A team or player trying to gain a clear advantage on the playing field is far worse. That hurts everybody involved in the entire league.

If the competitive balance of the NFL is compromised, it stops being a sport and turns into pro wrestling. There are enough conspiracy theories that float around about pro football being "fixed" already. Anything that provides people with more ammunition does far more damage in my opinion than what a few players do off the field.

Just my opinion.

How much is bet on the WWE every week vs the NFL?

The WWE is pure entertainmnet and would be like betting on a Soap Opera

You are 100% right, if the NFL doesn't protect it's on field integrity it is Vince McMahon as owner/commissioner

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
We know by now that you're a season ticket holder. But, are you a Cowboys fan? One doesn't necessarily equal the other. You may be a season ticket holder for investment purposes for all I know (resale to highest bidder). Just curious, who will you be rooting for when NE comes to town?

Whoever wins.

Plankton

Reaction score
How much is bet on the WWE every week vs the NFL?

The WWE is pure entertainmnet and would be like betting on a Soap Opera

You are 100% right, if the NFL doesn't protect it's on field integrity it is Vince McMahon as owner/commissioner

biDFHU0.gif

Where's Robert Kraft?

Rogah

Reaction score
Due to reasons of proximity, I'm not a season ticket holder.

Your posts do not resemble someone who is a Cowboy fan.
What makes you say that? Is there something about being a Cowboys fan that precludes someone from thinking the league is screwing over another team? (Keep in mind we are talking about a team that the Cowboys have no rivalry with, we play once every 4 years and have never met in the Super Bowl)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What makes you say that? Is there something about being a Cowboys fan that precludes someone from thinking the league is screwing over another team? (Keep in mind we are talking about a team that the Cowboys have no rivalry with, we play once every 4 years and have never met in the Super Bowl)

I think every team should be accountable to the rules, none more than another. Pat got caught it was not an accident when several balls came up 2 pounds under pressure while Colts did not seem to have an issue with the balls they were using. Screwing over other teams would be the feeling if the Pats got off the hook with no punishment it would let everyone know they play by a different standard of rules.

Plankton

Reaction score

Your responses on this in general. If you didn't have a rooting interest for the Patriots, it would be awfully hard to tell. People that aren't fans of a team don't generally argue as stridently as you are in support of them, especially when there is plenty of circumstantial evidence and actions that would point to guilt.