NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
He was stupid to destroy the phone simply because of how that looks from a PR perspective. Since he had no plans to give it over, destroying it is nothing but bad PR.

If he sues in federal court, it will be on procedural grounds. The judge is not going to decide on deflategate and he still isn't going to have to give up his phone records.

You don't know what was on the phone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was stupid to destroy the phone simply because of how that looks from a PR perspective. Since he had no plans to give it over, destroying it is nothing but bad PR.

If he sues in federal court, it will be on procedural grounds. The judge is not going to decide on deflategate and he still isn't going to have to give up his phone records.
smh. Please let Brady sue. Please.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
So I'm guessing Tom & Giselle will not be asking the commish to Fashion Week next year.

oh wait. She retired.

Craig

Reaction score
I am guessing that brady has wanted court for a while. This way what comes off of his phone is restricted to what is relevant...though i kind of doubt that phone records come into play at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am guessing that brady has wanted court for a while. This way what comes off of his phone is restricted to what is relevant...though i kind of doubt that phone records come into play at all.

I don't think Brady wants any part of court myself but I guess we'll see.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No doubt, but only one directly affects the outcome of the games we watch. Domestic violence can't help someone win a football game.

Agreed.

I don't blame the league here. Quite the opposite in fact. If anything, I think Brady is getting off easy. And unlike some other fans, I won't forget. I haven't forgotten about SpyGate, and I haven't forgotten about the 49'ers blatantly cheating the salary cap when they won their last Super Bowl either.

Cheating can directly affect the outcome of a "game" but domestic violence can directly affect a number of peoples lives that's a lot more serious than cheating during a football game. Deflategate didn't result in a TV ad campaign against cheating. Cheating is wrong but it has to be put in perspective when comparing it to much more serious offenses that players have been involved in. If Brady destroyed his cell phone he screwed himself and there's nothing he or his attorneys can do to rectify it. Destroying evidence is proof of guilt there's simply no getting around it.

erod

Reaction score
This is the NFL saying "Bring it on!"

Unfortunately, this could be a protracted case that could hang over the entire season. It will get Farve-like coverage.

If he gets an injuction, Dallas might still have to play against him. Otherwise, the Cowboys will be the only team that doesn't have to face Brady in the NFC East.

This greatly benefits Greg Hardy, who is quite secondary now in the headlines.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Oh and @Rogah ......"NFL upholds Tom Brady’s 4-game suspension. In statement, NFL says Brady destroyed his cell phone rather than turn it over to NFL."

New evidence is a common requirement for a successful appeal, in this circumstance there will be none forthcoming. Sorry Tom, you did it to yourself.

erod

Reaction score
Cheating can directly affect the outcome of a "game" but domestic violence can directly affect a number of peoples lives that's a lot more serious than cheating during a football game. Deflategate didn't result in a TV ad campaign against cheating. Cheating is wrong but it has to be put in perspective when comparing it to much more serious offenses that players have been involved in. If Brady destroyed his cell phone he screwed himself and there's nothing he or his attorneys can do to rectify it. Destroying evidence is proof of guilt there's simply no getting around it.

Ask all the people that bet tens of millions of dollars in Vegas.

Guido don't front no games.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't imagine getting more than 4 games for deflating footballs. Not sure 4 games fit the crime probably should have only been 2 games.

Of course you would KJJ...now, if it were Romo you would be demanding he be banished from the league! smh (troll)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
New evidence is a common requirement for a successful appeal, in this circumstance there will be none forthcoming. Sorry Tom, you did it to yourself.

Yep. I don't see the courts considering this unless you can introduce something that brings procedure into question. The NFL has full discretion in matters such as this. I don't know how you would ever be able to prove that the NFL handled this incorrectly. We'll see I suppose.

Doomsay

Reaction score
This is the NFL saying "Bring it on!"

Unfortunately, this could be a protracted case that could hang over the entire season.

Hopefully, it's unresolved for 4 games and there is no injunction.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe NOW resale ticket prices for the Cowboys/Patriots game will start to go down...