NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

Craig

Reaction score
Yep. I don't see the courts considering this unless you can introduce something that brings procedure into question. The NFL has full discretion in matters such as this. I don't know how you would ever be able to prove that the NFL handled this incorrectly. We'll see I suppose.

Sounds like youre looking for a study like the one conducted by the American Enterprise Institute.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ask all the people that bet tens of millions of dollars in Vegas.

Guido don't front no games.

No one is forcing them to bet all that money. If someone has a gambling addiction it's no one's fault but their own.

Craig

Reaction score
Likewise with all addictions, right? They deserve what they get!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sounds like youre looking for a study like the one conducted by the American Enterprise Institute.

Nope. I'm actually waiting for Brady to either go full on stupid by filing or waiting for him to see if he actually makes one smart move in this whole ordeal and just shut up and take the 4 games.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If u are going to let cheating go on in your game then how are any game results to be trusted when you do this you become the wwf Tom brady the new England pats are cheaters they have been caught twice and to destroy his cell phone is an admission of such. This will be a huge distraction to the pats this season will go on all season long the fans of 31 other teams and their press will make sure it does so to say this wont affect them is wrong I think

erod

Reaction score
No one is forcing them to bet all that money. If someone has a gambling addiction it's no one's fault but their own.

But the integrity of the game as it relates to those bets is HIGHLY important to the lifeblood of the NFL, which makes billions because of gambling and fantasy football.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LIAH
CHEATAH
ROGAH LOL

B-b-but the Ideal Gas Law!

A-a-and the fat ballboy is "the Deflator" because he was trying to lose weight!!

Bill%2BNye%2BLasers.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Meanwhile, LeVeon Bell got his cut down to 2 games. Fantasy owners will like that.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Brady has officially authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in a federal court per ESPN. can he ask for a stay on the punishment so he can still play until after the ruling?

erod

Reaction score
If the phone's destroyed, the ruling must be buoyed.

Right, OJ?

Craig

Reaction score
Brady has officially authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in a federal court per ESPN. can he ask for a stay on the punishment so he can still play until after the ruling?

That fear paralyzed him for quite a while.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I always destroy my cell phone before I get rid of it. I do the same thing with cars (a nice high cliff does the trick), homes (I swear it was a faulty outlet!) and wives (she's always playing on the train tracks!).

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

but the NFL beat them to the punch, they filed something called a confirmation request with the Federal Court in Manhattan, asking them to confirm the jurisdiction of the commissioner in his decision. This was on ESPN, and that basically means that the only court that Brady can file an appeal is in Manhattan.... no Boston, no Minneapolis.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But the integrity of the game as it relates to those bets is HIGHLY important to the lifeblood of the NFL, which makes billions because of gambling and fantasy football.

I'm aware of that and not interested in discussing it. The discussion I was having had nothing to do with that.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because the precedent for tampering with footballs is a letter of warning and the precedent for refusing to turn over your phone is a $50 k fine.

Still trying to be right on one single thing in this mess I see? Good luck, keep your head up and keep trying. one of these days you will get one right.

And by the way before the suspension was announced you repeatedly blathered that deflating balls was a 50k fine. Now its a letter of warning and the phone is 50k. So which hole you pulling stuff out of? (don't worry that was rhetorical)

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

wRong
abOut
everythinG
regArding
tHis case

I can't put my finger on it, but I'm sensing some sort of pattern.....

:huh:

Perfectly said

Last edited: