LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
7737214_G.jpg

Because "I like a deflated ball"

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Brady's cell phone would be irrelevant. Unless there is a conflicting policy, Brady's cell carrier would have a transcript of all electronic transmissions like texts or emails. The court would issue a subpoena to the cell carrier, not Brady.

As I stated in another post, carriers keep text messages for a very short period of time. They would not be availble now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phone carriers only keep text messages for a very short time. If they weren't subpoeaned a long time ago, they aren't going to be available.
You could be right but I had noticed varying lengths that carriers retain electronic messaging while doing research on a totally different matter two years ago. Some carriers held on to data for several months. Others for more than a year. My info is old and outdated though and I cannot validate what I once read without re-doing the research.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As I stated in another post, carriers keep text messages for a very short period of time. They would not be availble now.

Those text messages are there. They are just not easily accessible. Carriers don't keep them available locally for a very long period of time but that data is collected and backed up.

slick325

Reaction score
That would violate the CBA
The CBA that the players and NFLPA agreed to is the rules they must live by
If they don't like the system then change it when the next CBA is nehotiated

My point exactly conner01....the next go round with the Owners, the NFLPA needs to make discipline and how it is meted out a major point of contention.

Although they have done a good job of making the League and its Commissioner look like fools in every Federal Court battle.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Phone carriers only keep text messages for a very short time. If they weren't subpoeaned a long time ago, they aren't going to be available.

Unless some of the parties on the other end who received texts from Brady and/or sent texts to Brady come forward with their phones. Although that is not likely to happen.

There are probably some hackers out there that already have all the information just for fun and aren't sharing.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You could be right but I had noticed varying lengths that carriers retain electronic messaging while doing research on a totally different matter two years ago. Some carriers held on to data for several months. Others for more than a year. My info is old and outdated though and I cannot validate what I once read without re-doing the research.

Take my word for it. If the text messages weren't retrieved months ago, they never will be. I've been a Federal Agen for 25 years. I've gone down this road numerous times. The actual content of text messages is normally not kept longer than 60 days, if that.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If you look at this, strictly from the standpoint of what the CBA spells out, I actually think Hardy has a really good chance of getting his suspension reduced even more and Brady has zero chance but that's just my opinion. So the twitterverse is not going to calm down anytime soon.

Pats Bye is in week 4 as well.

I just found that out about the Pats bye in week 4. Probably should looked at the schedule before posting and stop multi tasking at the same time. Thanks and if Hardy gets his suspension reduce social media is going to blow up. Now I have to listen to Eagles, Giants, Commanders fans complain that the Cowboys didn't have to face a Brady led team. That is the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

conner01

Reaction score
He was stupid to destroy the phone simply because of how that looks from a PR perspective. Since he had no plans to give it over, destroying it is nothing but bad PR.

If he sues in federal court, it will be on procedural grounds. The judge is not going to decide on deflategate and he still isn't going to have to give up his phone records.

He is required under the CBA to comply with any league investigation
By destroying the evidence he obviously was trying to cover up his part in the matter
I think the league will successfully argue that alone could account for a 4 game suspension
He is lucky some gambler with a bet on the game hasn't sued him

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Unless some of the parties on the other end who received texts from Brady and/or sent texts to Brady come forward with their phones. Although that is not likely to happen.

There are probably some hackers out there that already have all the information just for fun and aren't sharing.

That is a possibility. I made a money laundering case on that very thing. Well, I used the kept text messages to prove wire fraud which was the SUA to a money laundering case.