NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
We can all agree the CBA is a complete mess.

We're really at risk of losing a whole year of football when the CBA expires.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I keep reading in articles that Elliott's suspension is due to "violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy" and not "domestic violence policy". However the NFL used the "baseline domestic violence" 6-game minimum suspension to punish him for the "personal conduct policy" violation. It seems like the NFL has intentionally made this ambiguous so they have flexibility in what comes next.

They've really played on the semantics of the situation.
EE was charged with a DV violation which falls under the broader Personal Conduct Policy umbrella

He specifically violated the Dating violence clause of the Domestic Violence policy of the general Personal Conduct Policy

The baseline for a DV violation is 6 games without any mitigating factors..... so the NFL said EE was a standard boilerplate DV violation with no reason to extend it, like using a weapon or hitting a kid and that there was no reason to reduce it, like he wrote a journal admitting it or he was a NYG or not even being charged with a crime

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Yeah, protections are in place if NFL deviates from standard procedure.
That's interesting. It's kind of amazing Brady wasn't successful, then. That always felt like a bit of an institutional overreach.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Due Process and Fundamental Fairness still supercede any powers vested to the Commish by the CBA

I agree I'm just not sure how much a judge will in the end. I think a dig difference from Brady will be that they accused him of cheating in games. That is solely an NFL issue. They are basically saying to Elliot, we think you are a criminal. We think the police should have charged you and you should be in jail. Domestic Violence is not an NFL issue, it's a criminal offense and I don't think the NFL should have the right to label someone a criminal. I'm hoping the courts don't either.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, protections are in place if NFL deviates from standard procedure.
The NFL loses more than it wins on these appeals and if Brady would have continued I think he would have prevailed considering other players only received fines for tampering with game balls and Brady never got notice that he could get 4 games for messing with a football

The Brady case by no means gave Goodell unlimited or unchecked powers..... Brady just chose to stop because his team could handle it and use it as fuel

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Here's a question that Goodell needs to answer. Given that Roberts was proven to be right and Friel wrong in the Brown investigation, why did you again side with Friel over Roberts in this case?
an agenda that was predetermined............ come down with a hammer on any star DV case...... overcharge and let the NFLPA and Courts defend the vermin....... the NFL gets to stand proud as the White Knights of social justice for all women everywhere