NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
That poster is full of emotions right now. This bad word said I'm trying to minimize something when I've said countless documented times if he did it he should get whatever punishment he gets. This isn't the case to be I'm mr/ms against DV for. If Zeke case looked like Browns case I wouldn't say nothing because the facts as I know them look like he did something but we have none of that in this case. I just like how I'm allegedly trying ton co sign Zeke committing DV when I've said I'm against DV and violence in general. Again the logic some people use when they get in their feelings is wild.

I think we are being vilified for applying common sense which ain't so common these days apparently

Chuck 54

Reaction score
My biggest concern for week one is just how focused and prepared is Zeke?

I know that most of the leg work is lawyer stuff, but just how distracted has he been for the past two months. Is he dialed in and focused on football to avoid mistakes, drops, fumbles, mental lapses. I hope so. A player can be taken out of the game despite winning the right to play in it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Two things might happen:

1. Lisa Friel gets fired as the scapegoat, Roger thinks he saves his job (Get him Jerry)
2. Roger backs Lisa Friel, it goes to court and both are made to take the stand. Both lose their jobs with the NFL.

Conclusion: No games missed for Zeke.

And at least we know Zeke is not going to settle for a reduction(unless it is a reduction to zero)
Maybe Goddell wants out; maybe he's forcing the NFL to fire him. I feel certain his salary is probably guaranteed.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I know that most of the leg work is lawyer stuff, but just how distracted has he been for the past two months. Is he dialed in and focused on football to avoid mistakes, drops, fumbles, mental lapses. I hope so. A player can be taken out of the game despite winning the right to play in it.

I'd say his motivation level should be off the charts...NFL office NY...Dig for Gints fan Friel...Mara crying.

220 total yards and 3 TDs would be nice karma and a cold dish of revenge all around.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Two things might happen:

1. Lisa Friel gets fired as the scapegoat, Roger thinks he saves his job (Get him Jerry)
2. Roger backs Lisa Friel, it goes to court and both are made to take the stand. Both lose their jobs with the NFL.

Conclusion: No games missed for Zeke.

And at least we know Zeke is not going to settle for a reduction(unless it is a reduction to zero)
Don't expect him not to miss any games. I'm a Cowboys fan, but I understand the woman's shirt incident is worth one game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Legit concern.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It really seems the NFL is dead set on Zeke being suspended. It doesn't matter if they are shady or seem corrupt...as long as they get to keep the player suspended, that's all that matters.

I don't get it.

Wouldn't you rather say, "Hey, seems like we may have acted a little rash here. We may need to drop this suspension and reevaluate."?

Guess that's asking too much of Goodell?

Reaction score
I gave you like for the repeated use of ******...if you said something else, I didn't catch it...
LOL......my thought process was when in a sports fan forum, you never know when you'll get the chance. When that opportunity comes, you just gotta run with it!

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
It really seems the NFL is dead set on Zeke being suspended. It doesn't matter if they are shady or seem corrupt...as long as they get to keep the player suspended, that's all that matters.

I don't get it.

Wouldn't you rather say, "Hey, seems like we may have acted a little rash here. We may need to drop this suspension and reevaluate."?

Guess that's asking too much of Goodell?
NFL shouldn't be doing these investigations. If the NFL collectively bargained a neutral third party agency to run these investigations, this would all seem a lot more above board.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Although he got limited playing time against the Raiders something was just not right with him in the game. He wasn't running with authority.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
Although he got limited playing time against the Raiders something was just not right with him in the game. He wasn't running with authority.
I don't make much of that. Preseason with an established offense is basically a game of "Don't get hurt"

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
I'm able to read. I guess you're not. Go back and read what the NFL stated in their own report. You obviously haven't.
The NFL has never ever ever lied to you. Not once.

Seriously, dude. Enough with the naïveté. We know it was a contributing factor.

Plumfool

Reaction score
From the lawsuit:

x Thompson lied to investigators and encouraged her friend to lie to the police as well (id. at 15-16, 22-23);

x Thompson destroyed relevant evidence from her cell phones (id. at 23-24);

x Thompson changed her account of critical events repeatedly and only mentioned significant information after she had been interviewed a number of times (see, e.g., id. at 11, 20, 27-29);

x Thompson’s allegations were inconsistent with other evidence (see e.g., id. at 8, 12, 32);

x Thompson’s credibility was undermined by her numerous threats to “ruin” Elliott’s life and career as revenge for his not wanting to continue his relationship with her in the manner she desired (see, e.g., id. at 9, 24-25); and

x Thompson considered extorting Elliott with alleged sex videos and took steps to effectuate such a plan (id. at 26-27).

Dang.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
So they "lied" to me in their own report? Now who's being "naive"?

:facepalm:
Still you. You trust the NFL to run their own private investigation and give an honest assessment. The whole point of this thread and Elliott's appeal is based on the idea that the NFL is full of garbage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still you. You trust the NFL to run their own private investigation and give an honest assessment. The whole point of this thread and Elliott's appeal is based on the idea that the NFL is full of garbage.

The point is that your claim that they can now "get him" for the shirt pulling incident is wrong. They admonished him for the bahavior and stated that it didn't cause this punishment. They can't go back on that statement now. Your claim is wrong.