NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Here's a potential "catch"

Like someone posted on here, the proposed suspension was timed diabolically. I'm sure Kessler has it under control though.

I'm sure they have a counter for this, not sure a judge would buy that though? Considering that any suspension would cause irreparable harm, no?

newera

Reaction score
If NFL wanted to set themselves up for the future, they (Henderson) could overturn the suspension and then say that NFLPA wasted court's time and resources by not allowing the process to play out.

Then they could potentially avoid having NFLPA file first in future cases citing this case as a reason that they shouldn't be allowed to.

The talk of delaying a decision doesn't seem as effective. I would hope the court would see right through that tactic.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, but then the judge would dismiss to AFTER the ruling and then they would just file again AFTER The ruling.
I think the judge would be a lot more angry if they dropped the hammer on him at 4pm tomorrow and then showed up to the TRO hearing at 5pm like..........."whaddid I do????"

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yeah, but then the judge would dismiss to AFTER the ruling and then they would just file again AFTER The ruling.

Almost. They would just ask the judge to postpone the hearing until after Henderson finally rules. This should be portrayed as a dirty trick by the NFL to get a dismissal in the Texas court so they could file in NY. Zeke's team should argue against any dismissal citing the Brady precedent.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Can someone clarify the florida incident?
DID she alledge a dv there and call the cops? The cop who said she wasnt credible.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Can someone clarify the florida incident?
DID she alledge a dv there and call the cops? The cop who said she wasnt credible.

They had some sort of argument and EE wanted her out of the hotel room and called security.

Security told EE that they would have to call police in order to get her out.

EE didn't want to call police because it was near the combine and he didn't want the issue.

TT called her father, who TT admitted is racist, and her father told her to call police.

The police showed up and the police officer at the scene testified that she was not credible. There were no bruises on her and nothing wrong with EE nor was his hands bruised. The officer stated that usually in DV scenes there's a lot of yelling and hysteria, but EE was calm and TT was more or less just mildly irritated. He then questioned both EE and TT. EE's story was consistent, but TT changed her story 4 times. She also started giggling as the officer was interviewing her and later left it...to the effect...'it doesn't matter because I have sex with all of his teammates anyway.'

The officer found her not credible based on all of that. He didn't even know who EE was until later he saw a picture of him on TV being accused of DV and then saw a picture of Thompson accusing EE of DV. The officer called the Dallas Cowboys as he wanted to give them this information. The Cowboys transferred him to a person in the league's office and it just conveniently was forgotten about and the officer was never contacted again.

YR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They had some sort of argument and EE wanted her out of the hotel room and called security.

EE didn't want to call police because it was near the combine and he didn't want the issue.

TT called her father, who TT admitted is racist, and her father told her to call police.

The police showed up and the police officer at the scene testified that she was not credible. There were no bruises on her and nothing wrong with EE nor was his hands bruised. The officer stated that usually in DV scenes there's a lot of yelling and hysteria, but EE was calm and TT was more or less just mildly irritated. He then questioned both EE and TT. EE's story was consistent, but TT changed her story 4 times. She also started giggling as the officer was interviewing her and later left it...to the effect...'it doesn't matter because I have sex with all of his teammates anyway.'

The officer found her not credible based on all of that. He didn't even know who EE was until later he saw a picture of him on TV being accused of DV and then saw a picture of Thompson accusing EE of DV. The officer called the Dallas Cowboys as he wanted to give them this information. The Cowboys transferred him to a person in the league's office and it just conveniently was forgotten about and the officer was never contacted again.

YR

It amazes me the league can go out there with a straight face and sell this smelly story that EE is an abuser, and withhold evidence and pay people off for PR. It's clearly a bad look, and it should take RG and his minions down.

khiladi

Reaction score
Florio just basically destroys the NFL's expert medical testimony.
NFL orchestrated a predetermined outcome without a basis of factual truths.
Shameful.
This was a witch-hunt, plain and simple.

Wow.. what a crock show the league office is.. in watching Negotiator, one if the all-time classics, right now and I'm like this is the NFL...

khiladi

Reaction score
They want to show who's boss. Same thing that happened with Brady. It wasn't really about deflated footballs. It was showing they can take any player out anytime they want.

Deflategate protected Bellichek from year long suspension and more accusations of systemic cheating by the Patriots..

Brady destroyed his phone.. Bellichek claimed he had no knowledge about air pressure and balls, despite the forward to the engineers books on the physics of football and so on..

Goodell had been chilling with Kraft all summer and if it weren't for Kraft, Goodell probably would have resigned long ago.

NFL is pulling a Patriots play right now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don't think so. This is saying that if he loses, it's not over. I'll be surprised if he does lose though given all the evidence of treachery, like this:

This is foul and detestable. The judge will see this and other evidence of foul play before he rules.

Henderson will just paas in the appeal ruling Goodell have him weeks ago. The entire NFL side of this is a detestable kangaroo court, like you say. The Texas judge will hopefully see the foul play and grant the TRO. Then it gets really interesting.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

YR
Thanks very much. I read most of that in the screen shots of the testimony, but missed why the cops were called.

Didn't know her dad was a racist. Another piece to the puzzle of why she's so unbalanced. To put it as nicely as possible.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I read most of that in the screen shots of the testimony, but missed why the cops were called.

Didn't know her dad was a racist. Another piece to the puzzle of why she's so unbalanced. To put it as nicely as possible.
Another reason to believe Zeke when he says she told him no one will believe hi because she's white and he's black. She was raised to think like that.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It amazes me the league can go out there with a straight face and sell this smelly story that EE is an abuser, and withhold evidence and pay people off for PR. It's clearly a bad look, and it should take RG and his minions down.

It's maybe the most bizarre story involving guilt or innocence that I've ever seen.

But, this is similar to the issues that the players union has had with Goodell over the years. As Eugene Monroe stated about discussing marijuana bans, you simply cannot have a mature conversation with the man. DeMaurice Smith said the same thing about the league's claim that they asked the NFLPA to join them and come up with a system of punishment for players that break the law.

Here we have doofuses like Joe Lockhart flat out lying about what is going on. Lying about the NFLPA leaking info on TT's texts of extorting EE. Lying about EE's team claiming that he hit TT but she provoked him. None of those things happened.

And Peter Harvey claimed that they were alarmed that EE couldn't get witnesses to come forward (which is nonsense to begin with as they gave sworn affidavits) and in the appeal EE didn't have any issue with getting witnesses to come to his defense. In fact, EE's team got the woman that TT got into a fight with at the club.

Then you have a doctor that lied about being hospitalized due to a medical condition when she was at home the entire time. And Friel basically claiming that EE was not credible because he said TT wasn't his girlfriend, but admitted that they had a sexual relationship and he paid her rent and co-signed on a car. And TT told the Florida police officer that they were 'friends with benefits.'

I'm only hitting on about 1/4 of the points.

YR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's maybe the most bizarre story involving guilt or innocence that I've ever seen.

But, this is similar to the issues that the players union has had with Goodell over the years. As Eugene Monroe stated about discussing marijuana bans, you simply cannot have a mature conversation with the man. DeMaurice Smith said the same thing about the league's claim that they asked the NFLPA to join them and come up with a system of punishment for players that break the law.

Here we have doofuses like Joe Lockhart flat out lying about what is going on. Lying about the NFLPA leaking info on TT's texts of extorting EE. Lying about EE's team claiming that he hit TT but she provoked him. None of those things happened.

And Peter Harvey claimed that they were alarmed that EE couldn't get witnesses to come forward (which is nonsense to begin with as they gave sworn affidavits) and in the appeal EE didn't have any issue with getting witnesses to come to his defense. In fact, EE's team got the woman that TT got into a fight with at the club.

Then you have a doctor that lied about being hospitalized due to a medical condition when she was at home the entire time. And Friel basically claiming that EE was not credible because he said TT wasn't his girlfriend, but admitted that they had a sexual relationship and he paid her rent and co-signed on a car. And TT told the Florida police officer that they were 'friends with benefits.'

I'm only hitting on about 1/4 of the points.

YR

The owner's can't turn a blind eye to this anymore. They have to know the NFLPA isn't going to play around during the next CBA. They can't really think they are gonna sell the union and the fans this BS front office again can they? Never mind, I know the answer

yimyammer

Reaction score
Who cares about reduction.

Read Lockharts inane comments:

The union has single-handedly turned back the clock and trampled on the rights of victims by saying it’s okay to commit violence against women as long as you’re provoked.

At *no* time did the union say, infer or imply that.

They claimed that Elliott never assaulted Thompson in any way, shape or form.

That they had NUMEROUS witnesses that backed Elliott, including a Florida police officer and friends of Thompson.

Thompson had numerous witnesses she claimed would back her and only *one* of them did...her aunt. And her aunt only claims she saw some bruises on her thru a FaceTime chat.

They pointed out the constant lies that Thompson told that were proven from law enforcement and witnesses.

They showed a video, in the appeal hearing, of Thompson trying to smash the window of her own car to blame it on Elliott.

They showed how Lisa Friel, who you hired, withheld evidence from Kia Roberts (who you hired) and Roberts was the only person to interview Thompson.

They brought forth an expert witness that stated that you simply cannot tell a date from the color of the bruises with today's medicine and technology.

They questions YOUR medical experts who AGREED and admitted they did it anyway.

They showed how one of YOUR medical experts who LIED to get out of being deposed by claiming she was in the hospital when she never went to the hospital and was at home the entire time.

There were numerous witnesses that claimed they saw Thompson freaking out on Elliott, Elliott trying to get away from Thompson and never even touching her and that her friends who didn't know Elliott stated that they don't trust a word that Thompson says anymore.

I hope this idiot understands that this was all transcribed. Of course, he claimed the NFL was going to sue the NY Times for a CTE article where they quoted the league.

Good lord is their an environment of incompetence in the NFL offices.

YR

The rhetoric from Lockhart, who served as White House Press Secretary in the Clinton Administration, isn’t surprising. As one league source explained it, that’s one of the practical realities of hiring political operatives to handle P.R. in a public-facing business. The notion of win-win goes about the window when it comes to politics, where it’s always about a winner and a loser and about twisting every situation to make your adversary look like a loser.

Sydla

Reaction score
Does common sense come into play here?

The judge has to know the moment he tosses the filing based on the NFL's claim that Elliott wasn't "harmed" because he's able to play Sunday, the NFL will uphold the 6 game suspension on appea and run to the Southern District and file themselves.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Another reason to believe Zeke when he says she told him no one will believe hi because she's white and he's black. She was raised to think like that.

And this case is proving her right. When Goodell, I mean Henderson, upholds the suspension it will be more affirmation. Sickening.