NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
To be honest, as a lawyer, I kind of agree with the NFL here. Not sure how a Court can have jurisdiction over a "forthcoming" arbitration award. I've wondered that since the suit's filing.
Not really. The Brady case is precedence here. The NFL quickly ran to a management friendly judge in New York before the NFLPA and Brady's legal team could blink. Zeke's lawyers just beat them to the punch.

Also, based on how the meetings were going (all 25 hours worth), they didn't get the warm and fuzzies that HH would rule in Zeke's favor. I don't blame them one bit.

diefree666

Reaction score
Its looking worse and worse for the NFL as every day goes by and more and more of the corrupt process is revealed. By the time it actually gets to court Goodell and company might be in Brazil (one of the countries that have no extradition treaties with the US)

windjc

Reaction score
To be honest, as a lawyer, I kind of agree with the NFL here. Not sure how a Court can have jurisdiction over a "forthcoming" arbitration award. I've wondered that since the suit's filing.
Because they are saying the NFL had a conspiracy. It doesn't matter what the arbitrator rules, because the process was decayed. That is what they are saying. And in fact, if the process prior to the arbitrator is decayed, then the arbitrator's decision doesn't matter.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I never believed they could possibly overturn the Dez catch. I've also never seen an illegal attempt at a fake substitution called a penalty. And so on and so on...

Can the NFL pull this miracle off?

For all those that say "why would they not favor the Cowboys" "they're the most popular team" it doesn't makes sense. The Cowboys do very well in sales and ratings regardless of record.

It would be hard for a reasonable person to argue that there weren't many many problems with the NFL's case and suspension against Elliot. Many have pointed to Friel having a severe conflict of interest. That and many other factors are very hard to ignore.
I've never used the word conspiracy. Only bias and hatred of a team. This wreaks of all three of those discriptions.