NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Lutonio

Reaction score
Goodell's only out here is to vacate the suspension, fire Lisa Friel, and claim he is shocked by her actions.

Yep. And I think the NFLPA and/or the Cowboys have very, very cleverly built in that out for Goodell in their suit. Check it out:

[T]he NFLPA and Elliott do not seek in this Petition for the Court to make its own determinations about Elliott’s or Thompson’s credibility, or any other matter of fact-finding properly left to the arbitrator,” the petition states. “Rather, the controlling and paramount legal question presented here is whether an arbitration concerning the existence of ‘credible evidence’ for employee discipline based on ‘he-said/she-said’ claims of domestic violence can be fundamentally fair when senior NFL Executives have conspired to obscure (including from the Commissioner and his advisors) their own Director of Investigations’ conclusion that there was no credible evidence upon which to impose discipline, and the arbitrator has refused to require the NFL to make available for testimony and cross-examination: (i) the accuser whose credibility is at issue (or the investigative notes of her six interviews), and (ii) the Commissioner who was deprived of critical facts in making his disciplinary determination”

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yep. And I think the NFLPA and/or the Cowboys have very, very cleverly built in that out for Goodell in their suit. Check it out:

[T]he NFLPA and Elliott do not seek in this Petition for the Court to make its own determinations about Elliott’s or Thompson’s credibility, or any other matter of fact-finding properly left to the arbitrator,” the petition states. “Rather, the controlling and paramount legal question presented here is whether an arbitration concerning the existence of ‘credible evidence’ for employee discipline based on ‘he-said/she-said’ claims of domestic violence can be fundamentally fair when senior NFL Executives have conspired to obscure (including from the Commissioner and his advisors) their own Director of Investigations’ conclusion that there was no credible evidence upon which to impose discipline, and the arbitrator has refused to require the NFL to make available for testimony and cross-examination: (i) the accuser whose credibility is at issue (or the investigative notes of her six interviews), and (ii) the Commissioner who was deprived of critical facts in making his disciplinary determination”

That's exactly what I thought when I read that.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
So this girl tells Zeke "I'm a white girl and you're a black athlete, they won't believe you" then an old, rich white man and old, rich white lady conspire against him. In the political climate today, this could cost several people in the front office of the NFL their jobs! You can't even make this crap up.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
What Nostradamus could've seen this coming? You politicize an issue to the nth degree and start getting absurd outcomes whose sole intent is furthering PR. I'm shocked, I tell you. It's not like this flap will make it more difficult for actual victims of domestic abuse in the future or anything.

revospeed

Reaction score
Will Roger pass the buck to Miss Lisa and knock the suspension down to 0 or will he dig in? I wouldn't be surprised for a full blown effort by the league to change venue to the Southern District of New York where the Brady precedent would be binding.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Will Roger pass the buck to Miss Lisa and knock the suspension down to 0 or will he dig in? I wouldn't be surprised for a full blown effort by the league to change venue to the Southern District of New York where the Brady precedent would be binding.

First, that would require the Texas judge to give up the case which I doubt will happen. Second, there is no precedent anywhere that would trump what the NFL as done here. Article 46 does not give anyone the right to do what was done here.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

That was very good on your part to pick that out. Yes Goodell had an out here and we will see how he plays it.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Y'all remember Jerry and Lisa Friel getting in the big argument over this?

I know it's the NFLPA but I guarantee Jerry is pulling some strings as well

I seen this mentioned a few times and I vaguely remember something at a party maybe. Can someone refresh my memory.