No HOF Presentation for TO

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Randy Moss?

Exactly. The story that came out of Randy Moss while he was with the Vikings the second time is far worse than anything I heard about Owens.

The NFL and sports writers aren't consistent with their morality policing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They should have never let him in to begin with. Character should be part of the process. TO has none other than bad character. He is the ultimate *******. And going forward he gets a vote and will likely be a problem from now on in the process. No telling what he will be saying about other voters

....who cares?

Your reasoning to not allow him in could potentially take out a higher number of players throughout the history of the NFL. Your vitriol is not justified here - you don't like a player with an ego at a position that breeds ego (Thank your boi Irvin for bringing that into the league)

pancakeman

Reaction score
Exactly. The story that came out of Randy Moss while he was with the Vikings the second time is far worse than anything I heard about Owens.

The NFL and sports writers aren't consistent with their morality policing.

Fair point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me personally. I'm happy he's taking a big nasty dump on the HOF. It's not life, it's a stupid award voted in by stupid reporters which no one gives a "F" about.

First, this is hogwash because NFL players damn sure do care about it,along with the fans of the teams the inductees play on. It’s laughable for you to suggest otherwise. The fact TO is upset about not getting in on the first ballot certainly proves he cares.

But even if TO didn’t care, and his viewpoint of the HOF was like you describe,why would he accept the award at all? Seems he desperately wants in the HOF, but is hell bent on showing up the HOF.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They should have never let him in to begin with. Character should be part of the process. TO has none other than bad character. He is the ultimate *******. And going forward he gets a vote and will likely be a problem from now on in the process. No telling what he will be saying about other voters

Damn V, you just tossed at least a 3rd of all members.......I know :lmao2:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
For anyone forgets how Moss behaved in Minnesota, here is one of the stories that came out right after his release

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

"Every Friday, the Vikings invite a local establishment to cater the team's post-practice meal. Last Friday, it was a St. Paul, Minn., restaurant -- a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk -- that served chicken, pasta, ribs and other dishes.

While his teammates lined up to dig in, Moss lashed out, according to the report.

Moss yelled "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog," a player who witnessed the incident said, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Gus Tinucci, co-owner of Tinucci's Restaurant and Catering, which provided the spread in question, confirmed the report to ESPN and other media outlets.

"If [Brett] Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right in the head. Favre looked at him like, 'Are you kidding me?'" Tinucci told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Moss officially hit the waiver wire Tuesday afternoon, according to multiple reports."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
First, this is hogwash because NFL players damn sure do care about it,along with the fans of the teams the inductees play on. It’s laughable for you to suggest otherwise. The fact TO is upset about not getting in on the first ballot certainly proves he cares.

But even if TO didn’t care, and his viewpoint of the HOF was like you describe,why would he accept the award at all? Seems he desperately wants in the HOF, but is hell bent on showing up the HOF.

Not a single one of you people against TO here have made a solid argument against him - your "MUH TRADITION" is not a valid counter.

Maybe you should start discussing the weird changing standards of the voters?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How about the respect of the other members of the HOF and according to a couple polls on national sites, the majority of NFL fans. Whiny boy is once again showing his 3 year old mentality. Gee they didn't vote me in 1st ballot so I'm not going to go to their ceremony. The thing he's been whining about, not being in the HOL and when they finally let him in he shows his 3 year old mentality again. I don't care what numbers he piled up in his 16 or 17 year career, he's no Professional and he isn't HOF material.

Hmmmm....stats says otherwise. He may a the leagues biggest jerk or whatever he's called but he proved himself to HOF worthy on the field.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I told you all about T.O., but some of you didn't want to listen. The star blinded many of you regarding his person.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a single one of you people against TO here have made a solid argument against him - your "MUH TRADITION" is not a valid counter.

Maybe you should start discussing the weird changing standards of the voters?

I wasn’t making an argument against TO, I was making a comment about your nonsense that nobody cares about the HOF. It’s abundantly clear players and fans do, and it’s just as clear TO does.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I wasn’t making an argument against TO, I was making a comment about your nonsense that nobody cares about the HOF. It’s abundantly clear players and fans do, and it’s just as clear TO does.

I didn't make that comment. Look who you responded to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't make that comment. Look who you responded to.

You responded to my response to him - so I assumed .... I should have checked, but in any case my point still applies that I was merely responding to his comment, therefore your comment to me doesn’t make sense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You responded to my response to him - so I assumed .... I should have checked, but in any case my point still applies that I was merely responding to his comment, therefore your comment to me doesn’t make sense.

It makes sense looking at your posting history and seeing where you side on this.

So, yet again, make a justification for taking a jab at Owens and not allowing him to be a first ballot hall of famer, but Randy Moss being one?

I don't see any of you knuckleheads making threads about this. Let's discuss how inconsistent morality policing is impacting the HOF.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It makes sense looking at your posting history and seeing where you side on this.

So, yet again, make a justification for taking a jab at Owens and not allowing him to be a first ballot hall of famer, but Randy Moss being one?

I don't see any of you knuckleheads making threads about this. Let's discuss how inconsistent morality policing is impacting the HOF.

Yet again? I wasn’t doing that with the post you responded to, and I would love you to show me where I did that before. Hell, I haven’t written about Randy Moss at all, and with TO Ive talked about voters not being bound by stats alone, and how I feel about him not attending the ceremony, but I haven’t expressed an opinion about whether he should or shouldn’t have been voted in first ballot.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yet again? I wasn’t doing that with the post you responded to, and I would love you to show me where I did that before. Hell, I haven’t written about Randy Moss at all, and with TO Ive talked about voters not being bound by stats alone, and how I feel about him not attending the ceremony, but I haven’t expressed an opinion about whether he should or shouldn’t have been voted in first ballot.

.....no ****.

So, again, why is Owens left out and Moss in if they take into account locker room behavior? Owens doesn't seem to have a problem WITH HOF, in general, he seems to have issue with how they are specifically treating him.

So, at some point, can ANYONE in this thread make an argument about this rather than adding to what Owens has said?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.....no ****.

So, again, why is Owens left out and Moss in if they take into account locker room behavior?

You’re very intent on being a jerk aren’t you? You accuse me of saying things I didn’t say, then when I explain what I actually did say you repond like this. If it’s such a “no ****” why didn’t you inderstand when I wrote it the first time

As for the Moss/Owen question, I obviously can’t know what the voters were thinking. I can guess, and that guess would be that Moss’ extensive charity work, and his TV work where he comes across as a likable and reasonable enough guy probably softened voter’s perception of Moss by the time his name got on the ballot. TO hasn’t really had those public situations that would help soften people’s perception of him.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You’re very intent on being a jerk aren’t you? You accuse me of saying things I didn’t say, then when I explain what I actually did say you repond like this. If it’s such a “no ****” why didn’t you inderstand when I wrote it the first time

As for the Moss/Owen question, I obviously can’t know what the voters were thinking. I can guess, and that guess would be that Moss’ extensive charity work, and his TV work where he comes across as a likable and reasonable enough guy probably softened voter’s perception of Moss by the time his name got on the ballot. TO hasn’t really had those public situations that would help soften people’s perception of him.

I'm looking at the response you made now. Your comment is adding to what Owens has publicly stated, he obviously DOES care about the HOF. Which is exactly why he's holding his own ceremony, the issue he has is how he's being treated.

So now knowing that and seeing as how the voters overlook Moss and how he behaved on the field and in locker rooms, it kinda seems like Owens has a legitimate reason to be upset, yes?

And if we're bringing up "charity work", that's off the field stuff. Voters have stated they don't take this stuff account, which is why thuggish behavior outside of the league isn't factored in - that's the justification they have for allowing Ray Lewis to be a first ballot. So the good things you do off the field are factored in, the bad? No. And Owens has multiple charities he has donated to or created as well.

So the main factor here has always been media fabrication and narrative. They branded someone a villain long ago and they have stuck with it even if it's at the expense of hypocrisy, double standards, and turning a blind eye to similar players or worse.

Owens, despite his flaws, is in the right here. And expect more people to come out and criticize the HOF for allowing in actual thugs while demonizing Owens who was, at most, a jerk in the locker room.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm looking at the response you made now. Your comment is adding to what Owens has publicly stated, he obviously DOES care about the HOF. Which is exactly why he's holding his own ceremony, the issue he has is how he's being treated.

So now knowing that and seeing as how the voters overlook Moss and how he behaved on the field and in locker rooms, it kinda seems like Owens has a legitimate reason to be upset, yes?

And if we're bringing up "charity work", that's off the field stuff. Voters have stated they don't take this stuff account, which is why thuggish behavior outside of the league isn't factored in - that's the justification they have for allowing Ray Lewis to be a first ballot. So the good things you do off the field are factored in, the bad? No. And Owens has multiple charities he has donated to or created as well.

So the main factor here has always been media fabrication and narrative. They branded someone a villain long ago and they have stuck with it even if it's at the expense of hypocrisy, double standards, and turning a blind eye to similar players or worse.

Owens, despite his flaws, is in the right here. And expect more people to come out and criticize the HOF for allowing in actual thugs while demonizing Owens who was, at most, a jerk in the locker room.
Part of me wonders if Owens wasn’t deeply insulted that Moss was made a first ballot... their numbers are identical to the point of being uncanny, and Moss also played on five teams, had locker room shenanigans, didn’t get along with media, got caught with marijuana, dogged it with the Raiders and was arrested as a player. Yet he sailed right in. Got to sting for Owens... and maybe that was another reason for petty voters to pull the lever for Randy.