Twitter: No more brace for Smith

glimmerman

Reaction score
If this kid has full motion back then we have ourselves a unreal LB. just needs more game action. If LVE translates and Lee is healthy the we will have the best LB corps in the NFL. Couple that with a DE rotation and wow. We no longer need to have a great safety. Wonder if that’s why we weren’t worried about getting Thomas.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For those that want the real story and didn't click the link, Jaylon says he is getting the flexion back and is nearing 100%. I don't care about the brace. I care about being able to move normally again which it appears he is close to.

He's been getting the flexion back for some time. Nerve reinnervation can be a long drawn out process. The take away here is that he no longer needs to the brace to train.

Currently they are running and cutting under load out on the practice field sans the AFO. The peroneal is not used to push off it is used to position the foot so your calves and such can push off. Also not having a piece of hard plastic cupping his foot and calf alone is going to help his fluidity.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hopefully, Jaylon will be able to strike back against the league. It'd be great if he can turn out to be a terrific LBer along with LVE. That'd give us a nice set up of LBers to go along with, imo, an improved dline.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hopefully, Jaylon will be able to strike back against the league. It'd be great if he can turn out to be a terrific LBer along with LVE. That'd give us a nice set up of LBers to go along with, imo, an improved dline.
Sure sounds good right?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I'm conflicted lest Jerry sees this as validating his strategy of gambling with 2nd round picks.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
For those that want the real story and didn't click the link, Jaylon says he is getting the flexion back and is nearing 100%. I don't care about the brace. I care about being able to move normally again which it appears he is close to.
Thanks.

Twitter links don't display for me anymore. Just says "webpage not available." I rely on quotes of the tweet like yours, to gather info, on what it's about.

Last edited:

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I hope he crushes it to shut all the doubters up. Guy played well last year all thing considered. Coaches did not help him at all.
He didn't play well in a bunch of games in the first 2/3rds of the season. Our team was bleeding yards when he was on without Lee next to him. He was about as bad as a player as I've ever seen play in the nfl. But he started turning it around in December and hopefully this leads to him being more confident in his foot and less hesitant to plant it

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Great News!! This will cure his running into piles instead of filing the holes problem.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

I read the quote and he did not say "I'm getting the flexion back."

The quote was "Getting that flexion back is going to help tremendously ... speed, quickness, explosiveness,"

He's describing what he has gained. Using a little critical thinking and realizing that he requires flexion to not need the brace to support his foot.