No way we Lose with Romo

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Dak was fantastic in this game completing 24 passes for 302 yards, 3tds, a 2 point conversion and 1 int. Compare that with Romo in 2014. He only completed 15 passes for 191 yards and 2 tds.

Dak is not the reason we lost this game people. You can talk about Romo being the savior all you want but he played here over a decade and never did squat in the post season. 2 wild card wins his whole career. Please...

JeffInDC

Reaction score
The reality is there is no way Dak is on the level of Romo.

Even his biggest fans are blaming the fact they didn't run the ball and Romo had been carrying this garbage organization for years without a running game or OL and out of the traditional 3-5 and 7 step drop with Garrett as OC..

Now they are running down stats, when they've been yapping how stats mean nothing as far as Romo is concerned..

The reality is, even this year, as soon as Romo was inserted into the line-up Philly defended him differently even without Zeke in the line-up. They backed off..

OF COURSE a rookie isn't as good a great 10-year vet. But, for you and ALL THE OTHER "ROMO WOULD'VE WON" FOLKS, what do you base this on? If I'm not mistaken, Romo had (in the 2014 game vs. GB) the leading rusher in the league, a healthy Dez, Witten, Terrance Williams, and a healthy OL (Parnell was arguably playing BETTER than Free)............versus a one-legged Rodgers. He still lost the game even though they had an early lead. Why? Because of the same damn reasons a Dak-lead team lost..........THE DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!! If you wanna play the "what-if" game..........what IF Dez's catch counted? There were still over 4 minutes left in that game............do you honestly think the D wouldn't have gotten scored on again? I mean, since we're playing the "what if" game and all...........Romo was NEVER as invincible as you and others want to make him.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Yup, weak pass rush and elite QB got us. Although, there are several things you can point to on why we lost that game. Mason Crosby nailing a 56 yarder didn't help, spiking the ball on the last drive didn't help, the refs calling an obscure penalty that I haven't ever seen didn't help, the missed pass interference on Witten didn't help, etc. In a game of inches, any of those things could have changed the outcome of the game. I do agree the lions share of blame does go to the pass rush though. Our line sucks due to over paying Romo and poor drafting IMO.
Correct and well said. OBTW, WE HAVE A REALLY SORRY GAME TIME COACH. HE IS CLUELESS

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Dak was fantastic in this game completing 24 passes for 302 yards, 3tds, a 2 point conversion and 1 int. Compare that with Romo in 2014. He only completed 15 passes for 191 yards and 2 tds.

Dak is not the reason we lost this game people. You can talk about Romo being the savior all you want but he played here over a decade and never did squat in the post season. 2 wild card wins his whole career. Please...

They have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The Titans put up 40 on them

khiladi

Reaction score
OF COURSE a rookie isn't as good a great 10-year vet. But, for you and ALL THE OTHER "ROMO WOULD'VE WON" FOLKS, what do you base this on? If I'm not mistaken, Romo had (in the 2014 game vs. GB) the leading rusher in the league, a healthy Dez, Witten, Terrance Williams, and a healthy OL (Parnell was arguably playing BETTER than Free)............versus a one-legged Rodgers. He still lost the game even though they had an early lead. Why? Because of the same damn reasons a Dak-lead team lost..........THE DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!! If you wanna play the "what-if" game..........what IF Dez's catch counted? There were still over 4 minutes left in that game............do you honestly think the D wouldn't have gotten scored on again? I mean, since we're playing the "what if" game and all...........Romo was NEVER as invincible as you and others want to make him.

Base it on the fact, like I said in the post, Zeke who Murray isn't close to and GBs secondary being totally battered and Capers playing soft, because he was scared to death of Zeke (Dak has made a living off play action and Linehan calling it for him) and the fact that Romo was playing in sub-freezing temperatures and pretty much went perfect in the second half except for being robbed on the Dez catch..

And Romo has a deep arm and is light years better than Dak..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football is a team sport. Wins and losses are the result of what teams do or do not do during games. So, let some of us do the wrong thing on this site for the billionth time (Is that an exaggeration?) and single out a player exclusively as the cause for a team loss.

Whatever. Prescott did his job well enough to secure the win. Presenting counter-arguments that minimize or omit any or all of the miscues of his teammates and coaches that contributed to the loss is illogical. Stupid. Ignorant. Screw it. Click here. Ignore the antonyms.

For the hundredth time (not an extremely huge exaggeration), it is highly likely Romo would not have played in the game unless Prescott suffered an injury. The team would have won or loss with a good Prescott performance, which actually happened. The team would have won or loss with a poor Prescott performance. Question: Did Prescott get hurt during the game? No.

Should the man have said the words, "I'm not playing in Dallas anymore?" Is that it? Did that one-series in Philadelphia make anyone think, "Oh. He's ready. He'll play again if Prescott stumbles in the game."

Syke.

I wish some people could get off Prescott's case. He's The Man now. He earned the job. He didn't cost his team their first playoff game with him behind center.

I wish some people could get off Romo's case. He was The Man. He earned the job. He didn't cost nearly as many games as some of his critics claim--whether they were regular or postseason games.

These are pure pipe dreams though. Never mind.

sean10mm

Reaction score
They have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

This is hilariously untrue but keeps getting repeated anyway. Green Bay gives up 24.3 points per game, and that's inflated by a couple of early season blowouts. They have injuries, but that's part of the game for everyone. They never gave up more than 27 points in the last 8 games they played against anyone... except the Cowboys.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Correct and well said. OBTW, WE HAVE A REALLY SORRY GAME TIME COACH. HE IS CLUELESS

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the coach. He is clueless but we have an owner with a massive EGO, so don't expect change as at coach as long as JJ is around.

Diogenes

Reaction score
Saying Dak had a better playoff game than Romo ever had us absurd, considering his last play-off game in Green Bay with his first year basically controlling the offense with Linehan, he was basically perfect in the second half in sub-freezing temperatures, while being robbed on the catch against an undefeated GB at home, with Sam Shields and a non-battered DB field playing against them, without Zeke..

All of this is true yet we still lost to a one-legged Aaron Rodgers led Packer team. And that's the point. Nobody know how this game plays out if Romo had started. To say we would have won is pure conjecture and nothing more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Because we did lose it with Dak.
It's just the "what if" and I think it's fair.
I would understand if Romo had a better track record. He doesn't.

The same thing that doomed Prescott doomed him in his divisional playoff appearances.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
All of this is true yet we still lost to a one-legged Aaron Rodgers led Packer team. And that's the point. Nobody know how this game plays out if Romo had started. To say we would have won is pure conjecture and nothing more.

It's just stupid to be honest. We have seen Romo try and fail for many years. Dak putting up 302 yards and 3 tds was more than sufficient. We just lost fair and square.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
So Romo would only score 3 points against this trash defense in the 1st quarter? Lmao he scored 7 in one drive against th eagles defense

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So Romo would only score 3 points against this trash defense in the 1st quarter? Lmao he scored 7 in one drive against th eagles defense

Heck yeah! Based on that drive, Romo would've put up 21 each quarter. Even our defense can win with 84 points on the board.

Of course, he's never done anything like that before, or gotten the Cowboys beyond the divisional round in his entire career, but...

benson

Reaction score
I don't think we come out as flat with Romo. Coming out flat lost us the game and that's on Garrett not Dak. Romo usually compensates for Garrets ineptitude and likely would have this game as well. It's probably tied at half time and we pull away in the second half.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I've seen it all now. Romo haters who screamed for years about Romo's stats being meaningless now praising Dak's stats in a loss. The hypocrisy would be stunning, if you didn't consider how despicable the source was.