'Nobody Fears' Cowboys Dak Prescott, ESPN Expert Claims In QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When it's 3rd and over 6 yards to go most of us are biting our nails in fear as we have 0 confidence in what # 4 will do.
Sad but true............. :facepalm:
When were in the Red Zone were hitting shots of Tequila big time! :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

This is a good read. Riddick nails it.

'Nobody Fears' Cowboys Dak Prescott, ESPN Expert Claims In QB Rankings​

According to ESPN analyst Louis Riddick, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott doesn't strike fear in the hearts of his opponents.
Harrison Reno

Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow. Those are the quarterbacks that many would say are trailing Patrick Mahomes in terms of who's the best signal-caller in the league. But what about the Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott? Where does this past season's MVP runner-up sit in the rankings?

Well, according to former Philadelphia Eagles general manager and now-turned ESPN analyst Louis Riddick, there is a major difference between Prescott and those three other quarterbacks.

"Ain't nobody fearing Dak Prescott," Louis Reddick said on a recent episode of ESPN's Get Up. "They fear Josh Allen. They fear Lamar [Jackson]. They fear Joe [Burrow]."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...iddick-claims-rank-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes
Who is this Riddick clown? He only played 6 years in the NFL, mostly as a backup on the bench for some of the worst teams in the league. Then he was an executive for both the Commanders and Eagles, both teams which Dak has dominated as franchise QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Any "so called" Cowboys fan who supports this clown's take about Dak is an outright hater, looks foolish and is at best a questionable Cowboys fan.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In talking about fearing or not fearing Dak,
Riddick is referring to Dak not having any qualities that are elite. Clearly Allen, Mahomes, and Jackson have things for D coordinators to fear and plan for.

This thread can get hijacked into a “Dak’s surrounding cast or no run game” tired old narrative, but those defending Dak haven’t addressed Riddick’s main point. What does Dak do or what skills does he have that is elite and scares D coordinators?
I agree. Mahomes and Allen are elite. Not ready to put Jackson in that category yet as a QB, although he is a big threat to run.

Polkton31

Reaction score
When it's 3rd and over 6 yards to go most of us are biting our nails in fear as we have 0 confidence in what # 4 will do.
Sad but true............. :facepalm:
When I'm posting in the CowboysZone, I'm hitting shots of Tequila big time! :muttley:
There, fixed it for you. :thumbup:

btgboys41

Reaction score
I agree. Mahomes and Allen are elite. Not ready to put Jackson in that category yet as a QB, although he is a big threat to run.
Yeah to Riddick’s point, his running as a qb is elite and certainly terrifies the opponent.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
These guys are all top 5 quarterbacks he’s referencing. Dak isn’t as good as them and doesn’t need to be feared like them for the cowboys to accomplish the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl. Dak isn’t a top 5 guy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
These guys are all top 5 quarterbacks he’s referencing. Dak isn’t as good as them and doesn’t need to be feared like them for the cowboys to accomplish the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl. Dak isn’t a top 5 guy.
Pretty sure Hurtz was a top 5 guy last year, until he wasn't. If I recall Jackson was available for any team to make an offer to take him and he got none.

If Mahomes or Allen were on the table, they would have 10+ offers the same day.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn't a top 5 QB? Where did Dak's 2023 stats come from? A Cracker Jack box??? Do some of you guys think before you post?

:facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure Hurtz was a top 5 guy last year, until he wasn't. If I recall Jackson was available for any team to make an offer to take him and he got none.

Josh Allen chokes in the playoffs. How is he an "elite" QB? Plus, some of his regular season stats are average.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

Good perspective but Not sure what your point is? Lamar Jackson plays quarterback. He’s a 2x mvp and Lamar Jackson wasn’t a “free agent”. in order to sign Jackson any team would have to give up 2 first round picks if the ravens didn’t match. He was also looking for a fully guaranteed contract - which the owner behind closed doors didn’t want to see happen after the browns did it.

None of this however takes away or has to with Dak

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Who is this Riddick clown? He only played 6 years in the NFL, mostly as a backup on the bench for some of the worst teams in the league. Then he was an executive for both the Commanders and Eagles, both teams which Dak has dominated as franchise QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Any "so called" Cowboys fan who supports this clown's take about Dak is an outright hater, looks foolish and is at best a questionable Cowboys fan.
AC....defend Dak all day, I have zero issues with that and there are plenty of talking points to do so. Why do we have to tear down another man just because he has a different opinion though? Especially when the argument is that he only played in the NFL for 6 years and was an executive for only Washington & Philly? Who did you play for in your HOF career?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak isn't a top 5 QB? Where did Dak's 2023 stats come from? A Cracker Jack box??? Do some of you guys think before you post?

:facepalm:
Dak is not a top 5 quarterback. You’re insane if you think this lol. I look at the entire body of work. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad quarterback or he can’t win a Super Bowl but there’s absolutely no chance he’s top 5. You’re a Dak homer whose blinded

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judgmental much?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is not a top 5 quarterback. You’re insane if you think this lol. I look at the entire body of work. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad quarterback or he can’t win a Super Bowl but there’s absolutely no chance he’s top 5. You’re a Dak homer whose blinded
Name your top 5 so I can get a good laugh. Dak most definitely earned a top 5 QB ranking with his performance last season. Quit being a hater.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mahomes and Lamar are the only QBs in the league that are "feared". One for being a killer and one for his legs. I've got no issue getting on Dak for his shortcomings but this is much ado about nothing, nobody scared of damn Josh Allen.
Disagree.
For sure teams fear Josh Allen
are you kidding?

His best is crazy good....and that's how fear is induced.....what a player's best looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.