'Nobody Fears' Cowboys Dak Prescott, ESPN Expert Claims In QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My question to Riddick or anyone who agrees with him is who is feared? Who says they are afraid to face Justin Herbert? Or Tua? Hurts? Mahomes is the only quarterback I can see legit people fear. Maybe Josh and Lamar because of their legs? I just don’t see many guys out there worth being afraid of. Did people fear Aikman? Just another irrelevant thing to knock Dak for when you can literally knock everyone in the league either this argument.
The guys he listed in the article were Burrow, Allen, Jackson, and Mahomes and it was just identifying QBs with an elite level trait and he only named 4. I don't think this is quite the knock on Dak some are making this out to be. It's another case where the headline sounds worse than the substance of what was actually said.

I would agree with Riddick that Dak lacks that elite trait that changes what defenses want to do. Lamar Jackson forces you to play a lot of zone and/or use a spy. Dak is a good athlete but not nearly to that extent. Josh Allen has maybe the strongest arm in the game. Daks arm strength is fine, but no DC is worried about Daks cannon of an arm. I just don't see that elite trait that Riddick talked about.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I bag on Dak as I’m not a believer that he can get it done, but I have to disagree with the arm talent. I think Dak has excellent maybe even elite arm talent and can/should be able to make every single throw with ease. I think that’s the one thing that does stand out for me is you can see the power in his throw. I think he lacks the mental aspect and possibly he just naturally processes info slower. That’s not a knock because a lot of people are this way, heck I process things slowly due to my dyslexia as I have to really concentrate to make sure my brain is processing what my eyes are seeing. I did a lot of therapy for it and I work on it every single day still. While he might not be feared, I do disagree though I do think he has elite arm talent and at times has displayed it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak should be respected. He's a very good veteran QB. Respected doesnt mean feared though. What is his elite trait that teams should fear? What does Dak do better than other QBs that makes teams adjust how they plan for that game? If you want to disagree with Riddick I'm more than fine with that, but actually tell us why hes wrong. Hes a former Eagle and only played 6 years in the NFL as a player is a horrible argument and extremely disrespectful.
What do you think "respected" means? When opposing players outright say your game is highly "respected", guess what, it means they fear you can beat them. Year after year we hear of opposing head coaches and D-Coordinators state how their main focus is to stop Dak. They don't bring up our RBs, WRs or TEs. Nope. They bring up Dak. Several other teams coaches and players have even said they wish they had Dak as their QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You spew negativity here all the time. You just direct yours at fans while you jock sniff the players.

I know, I know you're superfan because you're supposedly a high school Knute Rockne while we dwell in basements.

We all do what we do man. Only constant is Dak gonna poop his pants when it counts.
You're a joke. You don't even know who you are talking to, much less what you are talking about. @Ranching was one of the best and accomplished high school coaches in Texas for several decades. You don't even reach his ankles when it comes to knowledge and experience of the game of football.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What do you think "respected" means? When opposing players outright say your game is highly "respected", guess what, it means they fear you can beat them. Year after year we hear of opposing head coaches and D-Coordinators state how their main focus is to stop Dak. They don't bring up our RBs, WRs or TEs. Nope. They bring up Dak. Several other teams coaches and players have even said they wish they had Dak as their QB.
I think most players respected Eli Manning. Two time super bowl champion, 4x pro bowler, 57,000+ career yards. Do I think anyone really feared playing that guy though? No because despite being a good QB he too didn't really have that big single trait that just pops out on film.

Dak is a very good QB and probably close to 2/3rd of the league should want him as their QB, so I dont doubt for one second that there are quotes out there saying that. I still don't see where you disagree with Riddick about Dak having an elite trait though.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You also don’t reset the market with a QB ranked 7-12 depending on the year. And that’s strictly regular season.

Absolutely asinine to make a top 7-12 QB the highest paid or top 5 QB $$$$. I guess it’s pay him based upon on what you hope he is, not on what he is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Disagree.
For sure teams fear Josh Allen
are you kidding?

His best is crazy good....and that's how fear is induced.....what a player's best looks like.
I’ve never heard one player or team say they feared Allen especially when he’s prone to giving the defense the football once a game lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You also don’t reset the market with a QB ranked 7-12 depending on the year. And that’s strictly regular season.

Absolutely asinine to make a top 7-12 QB the highest paid or top 5 QB $$$$. I guess it’s pay him based upon on what you hope he is, not on what he is.
That’s not how it works though. Yesterdays price is not todays price. Today he’s the highest paid player. Tomorrow he will be the 10th highest paid. We get too stuck on numbers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The guys he listed in the article were Burrow, Allen, Jackson, and Mahomes and it was just identifying QBs with an elite level trait and he only named 4. I don't think this is quite the knock on Dak some are making this out to be. It's another case where the headline sounds worse than the substance of what was actually said.

I would agree with Riddick that Dak lacks that elite trait that changes what defenses want to do. Lamar Jackson forces you to play a lot of zone and/or use a spy. Dak is a good athlete but not nearly to that extent. Josh Allen has maybe the strongest arm in the game. Daks arm strength is fine, but no DC is worried about Daks cannon of an arm. I just don't see that elite trait that Riddick talked about.
He’s entitled to his opinion I just don’t see teams being afraid of anyone not named Mahomes. Especially NFL players. You fear Jordan. You fear Brady. You fear generational talents. That’s only Mahomes. Putting Burrow in that category is insane to me.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You spew negativity here all the time. You just direct yours at fans while you jock sniff the players.

I know, I know you're superfan because you're supposedly a high school Knute Rockne while we dwell in basements.

We all do what we do man. Only constant is Dak gonna poop his pants when it counts.
LOL....at least you admit that you're in a basement. Thank God we don't have basements in South Texas. You guys don't like Dak, but you keep watching.....have fun watching him poop his pants...I know many of you wait for it....makes you happy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
muscular-man-kicking-sand-onto-skinny-man-at-beach.jpg

It is as you state...........
LOL! You're buddy coming to your defense. I didn't mean to kick sand on you. Sometimes I can't control my size 15s....sorry.

GMO415

Reaction score

This is a good read. Riddick nails it.

'Nobody Fears' Cowboys Dak Prescott, ESPN Expert Claims In QB Rankings​

According to ESPN analyst Louis Riddick, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott doesn't strike fear in the hearts of his opponents.
Harrison Reno

Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow. Those are the quarterbacks that many would say are trailing Patrick Mahomes in terms of who's the best signal-caller in the league. But what about the Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott? Where does this past season's MVP runner-up sit in the rankings?

Well, according to former Philadelphia Eagles general manager and now-turned ESPN analyst Louis Riddick, there is a major difference between Prescott and those three other quarterbacks.

"Ain't nobody fearing Dak Prescott," Louis Reddick said on a recent episode of ESPN's Get Up. "They fear Josh Allen. They fear Lamar [Jackson]. They fear Joe [Burrow]."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...iddick-claims-rank-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes
Did or does anyone fear Brock Purdy? I would say "No"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Based on that, this article revealed nothing. It only reveals that Dak isn’t a top 4-5 QB on talent alone. We already knew that.
Are we now supposed to say, “OMG, we must move on from our franchise QB and find one that strikes fear into other teams. Good luck with that.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Based on that, this article revealed nothing. It only reveals that Dak isn’t a top 4-5 QB on talent alone. We already knew that.
Are we now supposed to say, “OMG, we must move on from our franchise QB and find one that strikes fear into other teams. Good luck with that.
Yeah this is not the big Dak hit piece its being made out to be.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many think it's so easy. Look at all the top QB picks that have busted early. The college game is very different than the NFL. Many of the top QBs in college with great stats don't necessarily translate to the NFL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.