Non-Cowboy Week 1 Preseason Games thread

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Browns right now are the only team I have ever pitied. 4-44 over three years. The only way they avoid the worst four year run in NFL history is to go 16-0 this season.

But I think this team could threaten the 8-8 mark if all their offseason moves pan out. They have some legit talent there now.

No doubt Browns fans would be jumping for joy over a QB like Dak.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It preseason but they look ok. Is mayfield gonna be the starter for them?
No, of course not.

Hue Jackson is an idiot and I fully expect him to keep Tyrod Taylor as the starter for as long as possible.

Eventually, Todd Haley will execute a coup that would make Jason Garrett's backstabbing effort against Wade Phillips look like child's play.

Sydla

Reaction score
And if they ever get Gordon back....... that’s a legit group for Mayfield to toss to.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
By week 4 at the latest, imo. A lot of posturing from the Org. Mayfield is probably legit

Taylor was a playoff QB last season so they've no need to rush him.

That was a nice preseason drive, but I'm going to hold off on the anointing oil for Mayfield at this point.

Alexander

Reaction score
I know Eli Manning never gets hurt, so the Giants aren't worried. But wow. Webb is a complete stiff.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The coach and GM who drafted Davis Webb were fired, so the Giants aren't married to him at all. That's probably a good thing for them.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Taylor was a playoff QB last season so they've no need to rush him.

That was a nice preseason drive, but I'm going to hold off on the anointing oil for Mayfield at this point.
If Baker is a player, if he’s ready, I give Tyrod a quarter of the season. He is grooming Baker, himself. If Baker is ready, he won’t be on the bench for long.

I do agree that one preseason game isn’t enough to evaluate, but 3 is. Baker looked good. Really good.

And I really like Tyrod as a backup option. No slight to him. Baker might be the real deal. If he has NFL-ready talent, even Hue won’t hold him back for long.

kevm3

Reaction score
Cleveland looks like they might actually have a 9 and 7 season or better this year. Their defense looks fairly tough as well.

Alexander

Reaction score
It's sad to see how much talent the Browns have at the skill positions and then see the absolute slop that will take the field in a Cowboys uniform later.
The Browns actually have a lot of talent.

Too bad they have the head coaching version of Quincy Carter in a leadership position for them.