Normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, we lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Some people just sweat more than others. I think that's the point being made when mentioning Tiger, because obviously he had nerves of steel when he was winning all those majors.
Is it that...or is he nervous? I don't see that from him every game.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
When it comes to being clutch Dak is lacking in that regard. To clarify he has shown to be clutch to a point when it comes to getting into the field goal range but when the boys need a touchdown with about 3-2 minutes left on the clock against a great team like Eagles, he will come up short. Look at the game he had against the Seahawks in the 2020 season when the ball was in his hands, and he was playing in a contract year where he would eventually get 40 million a year in the following offseason. I'm sure you all saw what happened when got near the endzone (interception) and this is just one of the many times Dak has failed to be clutch.

He was clutch once during the previous season against the Texans, but it was against a HORRIBLE Texans team that was tanking for high draft picks. I wasn't impressed then and I'm still not impressed now. I like to think that Dak is getting better at keeping his cool now than before, but him being clutch, until I see otherwise :(.
I agree...getting us in field goal range, he can do. Answering with a TD with the game on the line like he did this Sunday...rare.

I guess the overall point I'm making is between the inconsistent footwork, the nervousness...are we primed for a letdown or is this the "real Dak"? Jimmy has repeatedly said he is uncertain Dak will ever be "that" guy because he doesn't think you can improve accuracy to the degree needed by Dak...either you are accurate or not. But it's precisely what we've seen Dak do the last 7 weeks of the season...the timing, the accuracy have all been top tier. Hope it continues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When it comes to being clutch Dak is lacking in that regard. To clarify he has shown to be clutch to a point when it comes to getting into the field goal range but when the boys need a touchdown with about 3-2 minutes left on the clock against a great team like Eagles, he will come up short. Look at the game he had against the Seahawks in the 2020 season when the ball was in his hands, and he was playing in a contract year where he would eventually get 40 million a year in the following offseason. I'm sure you all saw what happened when got near the endzone (interception) and this is just one of the many times Dak has failed to be clutch.

He was clutch once during the previous season against the Texans, but it was against a HORRIBLE Texans team that was tanking for high draft picks. I wasn't impressed then and I'm still not impressed now. I like to think that Dak is getting better at keeping his cool now than before, but him being clutch, until I see otherwise :(.
He was pretty dang clutch on Thursday.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
You know who else sweats like ten men?…

Tiger Woods.

Don’t know if you watch golf but during his post round interviews sweat is pouring out of him.

So Tiger and Dak are quite similar in which they both get extremely nervous and jittery in big moments.;)
Well if Dak and Tiger have other things in common we are in a good place! (I'm not talking about the ladies BTW)

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Dak is just a very sweaty guy. He could run up the stairs and sweat like he was in Kabul circa 2003.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Your post is...5 words too long.

It's not weird because I don't need to *THINK* like you...and I use the word "think" loosely here...

Comment on the merits of the points that underpinned my post...I can start a thread on whatever and you can make whatever dumb, unlettered, evasive and devoid comments you like. Capice?

I revoke your hall monitor pass and give your opinion the consideration of a gnat. Now ...what?
Just when I think may be you're not that weird, then here comes ole you to remind me that you are.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean I noticed over the years Dak gets sweaty during games, but I never thought to check for it or to see if he's more sweaty or less sweaty from one game to the next.

This thread is top five in terms of "Odd Dak Conversations". Congrats, six pages of......not really sure what. :laugh:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
But not this past Thursday. That's a good sign. Because normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, he's erratic, high and wide on his throws, gittery and turnover-prone. It's weird because some games he looks so calm and relaxed. This past Thursday he was juiced AND accurate...which I have rarely seen. Has accuracy become part of his muscle memory? We can only hope...
This post made me laugh. you are excellent my friend.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Just when I think may be you're not that weird, then here comes ole you to remind me that you are.
You're a zero personality. You add nothing and can take nothing away from any discussion. Attack the ball, not the man...or move on with your pathetic existence. It's not hard unless make it harder.

cowboyed

Reaction score
But not this past Thursday. That's a good sign. Because normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, he's erratic, high and wide on his throws, gittery and turnover-prone. It's weird because some games he looks so calm and relaxed. This past Thursday he was juiced AND accurate...which I have rarely seen. Has accuracy become part of his muscle memory? We can only hope...
Look it up. Pigs don't sweat. Also Dak sweats like a human being. No need to be descriptively disrespectful of him. Wasn't Dak recently named player of the month in November? He has a significant number of 100+ game passer ratings in his career. I think he has been one of the more productive starting quarterbacks in Cowboys history. Not to say he hasn't struggled, made poor decisions from time to time, or gotten us deep in the post season - yet.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look it up. Pigs don't sweat. Also Dak sweats like a human being. No need to be descriptively disrespectful of him. Wasn't Dak recently named player of the month in November? He has a significant number of 100+ game passer ratings in his career. I think he has been one of the more productive starting quarterbacks in Cowboys history. Not to say he hasn't struggled, made poor decisions from time to time, or gotten us deep in the post season - yet.
Of course pigs don't sweat. Hell, all they do is eat and wallow around in the mud. It's not like they are out running around with the horses.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I mean I noticed over the years Dak gets sweaty during games, but I never thought to check for it or to see if he's more sweaty or less sweaty from one game to the next.

This thread is top five in terms of "Odd Dak Conversations". Congrats, six pages of......not really sure what. :laugh:

you can't recognize a simile. I didn't call Dak a pig. I was referring to him sweating, not him being a pig. I'm so sorry you're that sensitive that it blinds you to comprehension. Or maybe...nevermind.

Look, I love the way Dak is playing. Does that make you "feel" better? I hope it does.

The pig sweating matter...has already been adjudicated. :)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You guys are way to hard on the OG. There is a science centered on the physical tells of various emotions.

Dak definitely gets a "look" about him when he is struggling. Most do.

Nobody here plays poker?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s a cool night on Sunday night and they have the roof open or they can turn on the AC. :thumbup:

Mactin

Reaction score
He was pretty dang clutch on Thursday.
There were over five minutes left on the clock when he played clutch and got the TD. What about the times when the clock was at the 2-minute mark and he didn't have any more chances to get the ball back, starting at the twenty-five-yard line, and he NEEDED to get the touchdown because a field goal wouldn't be enough.

I admit he played great last Thursday but in the fourth when they were down by five, they could have gotten two field goals to win it and it would have been possible with the time that was left on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.