Normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, we lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There were over five minutes left on the clock when he played clutch and got the TD. What about the times when the clock was at the 2-minute mark and he didn't have any more chances to get the ball back, starting at the twenty-five-yard line, and he NEEDED to get the touchdown because a field goal wouldn't be enough.

I admit he played great last Thursday but in the fourth when they were down by five, they could have gotten two field goals to win it and it would have been possible with the time that was left on the clock.
He responded with what he needed to win. Had he needed more, they wouldn't have settled for FGs on 4th down. We don't know what would've happened if he'd gone for it, but we know he led the team to a win.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
But not this past Thursday. That's a good sign. Because normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, he's erratic, high and wide on his throws, gittery and turnover-prone. It's weird because some games he looks so calm and relaxed. This past Thursday he was juiced AND accurate...which I have rarely seen. Has accuracy become part of his muscle memory? We can only hope...
lol I noticed that early in the game, he had a very shiny neck and no other players did

pitt33

Reaction score
You could be right here and Tiger does always seem to be taking his hat and wiping sweat. Again...when you read the literature on peak performance, most experts report a calm...not a spike in adrenaline in pressure moments. I get that if he just completed a 35 yard strike and he has to run up to the line and get the next play off that he'd be sweating. But as several other posters mentioned, the game has just started and the man is sweating profusely. When I see that it makes me as nervous as he looks. It's certainly not normal for a QB to be sweating bullets in the first minutes of a climate-controlled game.
I agree.

Just doesn’t seem right.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He responded with what he needed to win. Had he needed more, they wouldn't have settled for FGs on 4th down. We don't know what would've happened if he'd gone for it, but we know he led the team to a win.
Is it a team game or not?

cowboyed

Reaction score
you can't recognize a simile. I didn't call Dak a pig. I was referring to him sweating, not him being a pig. I'm so sorry you're that sensitive that it blinds you to comprehension. Or maybe...nevermind.

Look, I love the way Dak is playing. Does that make you "feel" better? I hope it does.

The pig sweating matter...has already been adjudicated. :)
OGSixshooter, no you didn't call Dak a pig and I didn't state you called him a pig. You clearly mocked him and stated in your thread that he excessively sweats and also implying he has overblown anxiousness or fears competing against opposition under pressure thus making him perform erratically. You did indicate he is playing well recently but that doesn't negate how you negatively emotionally characterized him as that being his normal self.

In my opinion Dak has been a very good but periodically inconsistent quarterback, although you could make a case of him playing at an elite level over the past several games. If you meant to be sarcastic about it then why didn't you state so in the same post starting thread to that effect?

As you may be aware, posts like emails can readily be misinterpreted. Maybe your comments would have been better received if you slipped them in as a post rather than starting a thread?

But then in your reply you also post that I am so sensitive that it blinds me to comprehension. Hopefully, you are not the reincarnation of Freud on steroids.

Regarding your Dak admission, I doesn't make me feel better. I appreciate with my eyes when the team with Dak plays well or overcomes adversity on not so great performing days.

Don't mind if you have the last word. I am good to go, hopefully all is well with you and yours. There are worse things in life than quibbling over threads and posts.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I really don't think it's nerves. He's been on the big stage long enough, and when you watch and listen to him in Sounds from the Sidelines video and such, he certainly doesn't seem nervous.
I watch them regularly and on this we agree. Didn’t seem nervous….actually seemed excited. As I said, normally when I see him sweating from minute 1 of the 1st quarter it makes me nervous as well. But this game, he was in fact sweating bullets but seemed in control…not normal in my observation.

And for those who asked, no I don’t have empirical evidence…geez….

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You guys are way to hard on the OG. There is a science centered on the physical tells of various emotions.

Dak definitely gets a "look" about him when he is struggling. Most do.

Nobody here plays poker?
Don’t worry, I can spot nimrods. They reveal their ignorance by jumping on the thread, knuckles dragging declaring, “This thread is doopid….”….

If you don’t know better, you can’t do better. And it’s obvious, these poorly-informed, traumatized, Dak-**** strokers are REFLEXIVELY DEFENSIVE about him…even the mildest observation is considered a full frontal assault.

You’ll note that the nimrods dropped off when I asked them to focus on making a point…they didn’t have any besides attack anyone who doesn’t praise Dak. Wastemen…

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
OGSixshooter, no you didn't call Dak a pig and I didn't state you called him a pig. You clearly mocked him and stated in your thread that he excessively sweats and also implying he has overblown anxiousness or fears competing against opposition under pressure thus making him perform erratically. You did indicate he is playing well recently but that doesn't negate how you negatively emotionally characterized him as that being his normal self.

In my opinion Dak has been a very good but periodically inconsistent quarterback, although you could make a case of him playing at an elite level over the past several games. If you meant to be sarcastic about it then why didn't you state so in the same post starting thread to that effect?

As you may be aware, posts like emails can readily be misinterpreted. Maybe your comments would have been better received if you slipped them in as a post rather than starting a thread?

But then in your reply you also post that I am so sensitive that it blinds me to comprehension. Hopefully, you are not the reincarnation of Freud on steroids.

Regarding your Dak admission, I doesn't make me feel better. I appreciate with my eyes when the team with Dak plays well or overcomes adversity on not so great performing days.

Don't mind if you have the last word. I am good to go, hopefully all is well with you and yours. There are worse things in life than quibbling over threads and posts.
I appreciate your measured reply. But you will not do the reverse, okie-doke on me: Take your own advice and write/read better…you leaped before you looked and now you’ve backtracked. I don’t need to backtrack on anything I’ve said because I stand on it and didn’t get emotional before posting.

That said, I sincerely do appreciate your measured response and I receive it in the spirit it was offered. Peace.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
They don’t report ****. If you’re a sniper, or and expert like I am, it’s expected BECAUSE YOU TRAIN FOR IT. Get it?
I missed this dumb*** post. You think because you ARE a sniper - a dubious claim, but I’ll roll with it - that makes you an expert on other people’s documented experience?

TRAINING IS PRECISELY WHEY EXPERT SNIPERS ARE NOT NERVOUS. Very hard to control breathing, trigger, maintain body control and hit a target when your heart is experiencing adrenaline spikes.

I’ve noticed a tyranny of stupidity from certain posters who like to gang up on folks with NO KNOWLEDGE, NO RESEARCH…NOTHING BUT STRONG CONVICTIONS WITH NO EDUCATION. Experience is PART of education, but not all of it…

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But not this past Thursday. That's a good sign. Because normally when Dak is sweating like a pig, he's erratic, high and wide on his throws, gittery and turnover-prone. It's weird because some games he looks so calm and relaxed. This past Thursday he was juiced AND accurate...which I have rarely seen. Has accuracy become part of his muscle memory? We can only hope...
Pigs don't sweat! Educate your self! That's why the wallow in mud!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I missed this dumb*** post. You think because you ARE a sniper - a dubious claim, but I’ll roll with it - that makes you an expert on other people’s documented experience?

TRAINING IS PRECISELY WHEY EXPERT SNIPERS ARE NOT NERVOUS. Very hard to control breathing, trigger, maintain body control and hit a target when your heart is experiencing adrenaline spikes.

I’ve noticed a tyranny of stupidity from certain posters who like to gang up on folks with NO KNOWLEDGE, NO RESEARCH…NOTHING BUT STRONG CONVICTIONS WITH NO EDUCATION. Experience is PART of education, but not all of it…
You state that you have an opinion...rootie toot toot. You say you don't give a hoot...now, where was your football or discussion. There almost always is an implied premise start point on football with Rockport's post. They aren't hidden at all and those points deal with earnest talk on Cowboys subjects....not just insultive stereotypes. Get reasonable in what is presented. I'm not afraid to bring legal charges against the Russians...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I didn’t say I was a Marine sniper, only that I qualified expert 19 of the 20 years I served. Ive forgotten more about marksmanship than you’ll ever know which is obvious from your total lack of understanding. Now stay with your computer games and leave the real **** for those who know to discuss.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I appreciate your measured reply. But you will not do the reverse, okie-doke on me: Take your own advice and write/read better…you leaped before you looked and now you’ve backtracked. I don’t need to backtrack on anything I’ve said because I stand on it and didn’t get emotional before posting.

That said, I sincerely do appreciate your measured response and I receive it in the spirit it was offered. Peace.
Thanks for your distorted appreciation and peace gesture. I didn't okie-doke you nor am I pulling some sort of your possibly imagined Machiavellian reverse on you. What you construe as me measuring my posting response is me apparently mistakenly trying to be posting reasonable with you. Silly me. I am not interested in winning email battles wading through your deflections or delusions. I know what I read and I know what I wrote. I will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.