Nors Cup

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As an inoccent bystander, why is this your cup? Should belong to the victor. You have won nothing.

Why do you set the criteria for discussion and judgment? If you really want the truth, you have to be open to the boards evaluation.

Why should anybody take you up on this rediculouse challenge? It is true that you have been correct on certain things in the past but wrong many more times. It is a waste of time to argue issues with you Nors. You do not conceed when you are in error.

As I sit here and look at this, you are much like the BCS IMO. In fact, I am in favor of ****canning that whole thing in favor of a decision on the field. My evaluation of this thread is much the same.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
As an inoccent bystander, why is this your cup? Should belong to the victor. You have won nothing.

Why do you set the criteria for discussion and judgment? If you really want the truth, you have to be open to the boards evaluation.

Why should anybody take you up on this rediculouse challenge? It is true that you have been correct on certain things in the past but wrong many more times. It is a waste of time to argue issues with you Nors. You do not conceed when you are in error.

As I sit here and look at this, you are much like the BCS IMO. In fact, I am in favor of ****canning that whole thing in favor of a decision on the field. My evaluation of this thread is much the same.

Pretty simple actually....the reason he has the cup is because he is the one that brought up the challenge.

People don't like nors...ignore his thread.
People don't like the rules he has...don't play.

If someone else would have started the thread that said they had the cup and nors had to challenge it to win then I am quite sure he would have either went along with it or just stayed out of it.

Man alive it is just a bet he is offering to others and people are pounding the guy because he has this proverbial cup.

You don't want him having it...bet him and make him lose it. :cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Pretty simple actually....the reason he has the cup is because he is the one that brought up the challenge.

People don't like nors...ignore his thread.
People don't like the rules he has...don't play.

If someone else would have started the thread that said they had the cup and nors had to challenge it to win then I am quite sure he would have either went along with it or just stayed out of it.

Man alive it is just a bet he is offering to others and people are pounding the guy because he has this proverbial cup.

You don't want him having it...bet him and make him lose it. :cool:

Nice in theory but he himself has admitted that he is the final judge as to who wins and losses. Nors brings things on himself. Many of us do. He puts it out there and he gets it back. I put it out there and I get it back. Your post is testimate to that. You too will get it back in time Brain. It's the way it works.

Having said all this, if your really honest about wanting to prove your points then you have to be willing to have a fair and impartial process for deciding who is correct.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
Nice in theory but he himself has admitted that he is the final judge as to who wins and losses. Nors brings things on himself. Many of us do. He puts it out there and he gets it back. I put it out there and I get it back. Your post is testimate to that. You too will get it back in time Brain. It's the way it works.

Having said all this, if your really honest about wanting to prove your points then you have to be willing to have a fair and impartial process for deciding who is correct.

Well I can say this.

If he loses the bet and tries to welch...then he will not be the final judge on who wins...if you get my drift. :cool:

But the bottom line is if people want to play in his game then play in it....if they do not, then don't.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well I can say this.

If he loses the bet and tries to welch...then he will not be the final judge on who wins...if you get my drift. :cool:

But the bottom line is if people want to play in his game then play in it....if they do not, then don't.

I am skeptical on this. Seen the reverse too often but your point is valid. Should anybody be interested in taking this up, there open to do so, regardless of what is posted or who's opinions state what. That has been true from the opening of this thread.

I wonder if anybody will pick up the gauntlet.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
I am skeptical on this. Seen the reverse too often but your point is valid. Should anybody be interested in taking this up, there open to do so, regardless of what is posted or who's opinions state what. That has been true from the opening of this thread.

I wonder if anybody will pick up the gauntlet.

The gauntlet....hmmm....I would not take the bet if it meant the entire draft...I said I would if it meant the first day.

Oh but if nors loses the bet and acts like he did not....he will lose the cup.

But I ask this....if he wins, will the others admit they lost the bet.

See this is a simple thing....either we draft a QB or we do not.

There is no gray area to cloud the judgement here.

And contrary to what people have said...nors has admitted when he has been flat out wrong....if there is a discussion about gray areas then that is a different story.

Nors has even had a post (I am not searching for it but I do remember it) where he started a thread saying he was wrong about a player acquisition that he had been trumpeting....yet that seems to have slipped by a few.

If there is an arguement about with Defense is better then it is open to argument and can be argued with points made on both sides....and in that case why should he admit he is wrong when others will not do so either because it boils down to opinions many times in these arguments.

However when we did not get the player he mentioned he called himself on it and admitted he was wrong.
Why....because it was not a gray area...it was either yes we got the guy or no we did not....same as with whether we will draft a QB or not.

If we draft a QB then whoever bet against him can not argue about it because it happened.
If we do not draft about it he can not argue and say we did draft a qb.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its real simple -

You make a bet - there is a winner or loser!

No opinions or subjective Bets.

Any wagers on tonight?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The gauntlet....hmmm....I would not take the bet if it meant the entire draft...I said I would if it meant the first day.

And contrary to what people have said...nors has admitted when he has been flat out wrong....if there is a discussion about gray areas then that is a different story.

Nors has even had a post (I am not searching for it but I do remember it) where he started a thread saying he was wrong about a player acquisition that he had been trumpeting....yet that seems to have slipped by a few.

If there is an arguement about with Defense is better then it is open to argument and can be argued with points made on both sides....and in that case why should he admit he is wrong when others will not do so either because it boils down to opinions many times in these arguments.

However when we did not get the player he mentioned he called himself on it and admitted he was wrong.
Why....because it was not a gray area...it was either yes we got the guy or no we did not....same as with whether we will draft a QB or not.

If we draft a QB then whoever bet against him can not argue about it because it happened.

Nors said it was about anything and everything. I am not speaking specifically about the draft but about all the other things Norish. That leaves a great deal for error. LOL...

Ironically, I don't believe drafting a QB is out of the question. I think it unlikely but depending on what happens the balance of the season, there are scenarios where I could see it happening.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
What kind of cup is this anyway?

"It ain't no dixie cup and you surely don't wanna be drinking nothin' out of it."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Has been to some real dark places.

It is great when clean - as a Stein. Ice cold beer!

Who wants to eat some Crow?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rack said:

"It ain't no dixie cup and you surely don't wanna be drinking nothin' out of it."

laugh_norm.gif
I have that on tape... Bob Whatshisname...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:

Ah...I remember that from the young comedy special that Rodney Dangerfield had YEARS ago...that was another comedian...want to say Jeff something or maybe that was the characters name...but the same show that starred Sam Kinison.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ah...I remember that from the young comedy special that Rodney Dangerfield had YEARS ago...that was another comedian...want to say Jeff something or maybe that was the characters name...but the same show that starred Sam Kinison.

"Hi, I'm Billy Bob Rubeck, number 27... Oh s**t, 72."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
"Hi, I'm Billy Bob Rubeck, number 27... Oh s**t, 72."
Comedian Bob Nelson.

Eppie Epperman, from Cleveland University, excellent.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I'll be honest BP. I'd like to see that post. Been in a lot of discussions/debates with the man and don't remember even once.

In the past he has accused me of saying stuff. I ask him for proof I have said it much like earlier in this thread when he claims I turned it into a 3-4 sux thread. I have never said that. He knows I've never said that. So instead of saying he misunderstood, got it wrong, etc. he claims I "insinuated" I think the 3-4 sux.

That is why anyone taking him up on his challenge is foolish. It is entirely his interpretation. You say he will admit he is wrong and lose the "Cup." I'll believe that when I see it. If he hadn't specifically called me out as someone he wants to do battle with I wouldn't have even bothered with his thread. As it is I asked one question before I was even interested in the challenge. "Who is Judge." After informing me that he is he has laid down challenges that are silly in my opinion.

Trust me, when a guy cannot admit he was wrong over somethign as simple as the origins of the 46 defense, when his error was obvious beyond all argument, then he is not going to admit he is wrong on anything.

If he can make that simple admission I might be interested in the spirit of his challenge to me. I love challenges. Only a fool faces a stacked deck and this one is stacked.

Look at his 2 offers to me and who he nominates as Judge. No further proof is needed even if he didn't have past history working against him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Quincy Morgan scores a Touchdown tonight.

Thats my offer.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I'll be honest BP. I'd like to see that post. Been in a lot of discussions/debates with the man and don't remember even once.

In the past he has accused me of saying stuff. I ask him for proof I have said it much like earlier in this thread when he claims I turned it into a 3-4 sux thread. I have never said that. He knows I've never said that. So instead of saying he misunderstood, got it wrong, etc. he claims I "insinuated" I think the 3-4 sux.

That is why anyone taking him up on his challenge is foolish. It is entirely his interpretation. You say he will admit he is wrong and lose the "Cup." I'll believe that when I see it. If he hadn't specifically called me out as someone he wants to do battle with I wouldn't have even bothered with his thread. As it is I asked one question before I was even interested in the challenge. "Who is Judge." After informing me that he is he has laid down challenges that are silly in my opinion.

Trust me, when a guy cannot admit he was wrong over somethign as simple as the origins of the 46 defense, when his error was obvious beyond all argument, then he is not going to admit he is wrong on anything.

If he can make that simple admission I might be interested in the spirit of his challenge to me. I love challenges. Only a fool faces a stacked deck and this one is stacked.

Look at his 2 offers to me and who he nominates as Judge. No further proof is needed even if he didn't have past history working against him.

It was a thread where he said he was wrong about us getting ty law before the start of the season.

I am too lazy to go and look for it but I do remember it.

Either way...as much as a pain as nors can be at times....only feeding him makes it worse and sorry to say that many have "wood" for nors on this forum...even when he tries to change and post this on the smack forum.

Hard for a guy to change if others won't give him the chance.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It was a thread where he said he was wrong about us getting ty law before the start of the season.

I am too lazy to go and look for it but I do remember it.

Either way...as much as a pain as nors can be at times....only feeding him makes it worse and sorry to say that many have "wood" for nors on this forum...even when he tries to change and post this on the smack forum.

Hard for a guy to change if others won't give him the chance.
I never said I wanted him to change. I like the guy. I'd like him even better if he had the capacity to admit when he is wrong.

As for the Ty Law thing I remember a statement after the trade deadline had passed after a big build up claiming it was all but a done deal. I also remember post after post after post once that "deal" failed to materialize where he was still bringing up Ty Law. Even went so far as to blame the members of this board for it not happening. He even drove Reality nuts with it. If that's tantamount to an admission of wrong then I admit, I am befuddled.

Notice he hasn't brought up Julius "Milk" Jones since his exile? I'll say no more.