Not buying Cowboys hype

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grow up child.
Still...no examples.

Come on....show us what you mean.

Don't lecture me about growing up...and words on the internet....

If you can't prove yourself.

You...grow up....and show us how I hate Dak.

Otherwise..shut your lying piehole kid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
See? Why do you have to do things like this? The guy was just expressing his opinion, but if it isn't what you believe, you have to crap all over it. I just don't see the need for it.

He didn't say anything about giving up. How about you give up criticizing other fans for having an opinion different than yours for once?
Don’t like quitters. They’re dangerous. Get people killed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How much does it cost to believe?
How much extra energy needs to be exerted in order... to believe?

As long as we mathematically have a chance I am going to believe. Just saying.

I have adopted a cautiously optimistic approach to my favorite team because watching good seasons crash and burn has been too tough on me. I believe that we're capable of winning it all this year, but I won't believe that we will until we do it. Keeps my sanity that way.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Don’t like quitters. They’re dangerous. Get people killed.

Is all you know how to do is label people who don't bend to your point of view? Haters, quitters ...

Not everyone is the same kind of fan. I wish you could find peace with that instead of feeling the need to criticize them for how they feel. You could be better than that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is all you know how to do is label people who don't bend to your point of view? Haters, quitters ...

Not everyone is the same kind of fan. I wish you could find peace with that instead of feeling the need to criticize them for how they feel. You could be better than that.
I don’t expect you to understand why I don’t like quitters. You have to experience what I have to understand. So get off your high horse because you have no idea what you’re talking about. Ok?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t expect you to understand why I don’t like quitters. You have to experience what I have to understand. So get off your high horse because you have no idea what you’re talking about. Ok?
It's not about you "hating quitters". It's about you deciding who the "quitters" are, when you know nothing about them and miscomprehend their words, or possibly intentionally misrepresent their words, just so you have something to gripe about.

gimmesix

Reaction score

You're right. I don't know what you've experienced. I just know there are better ways to treat people, especially your fellow fans, than how you choose to do it.

We're not haters. We're not quitters. We're Cowboys fans. We come from all kinds of different backgrounds and have all kinds of different viewpoints. And we're blessed to be able to share them and our fanship together on this forum. Learning to tolerate fans who don't look at things the same way as you would be good for you. But obviously, I can't convince you how much more so many others would enjoy this place if you turned down the insults and name-calling and just discussed your differing point of view instead.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's not about you "hating quitters". It's about you deciding who the "quitters" are, when you know nothing about them and miscomprehend their words, or possibly intentionally misrepresent their words, just so you have something to gripe about.
I know quitting when I see it. You quit once, you’ll quit again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you....have not experienced what other people here have gone through.

Get off your high horse.

Have some grace and compassion. It's what you fought for. You didn't come back to battle and bully.

Or maybe you did.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Isn't that true for 31 teams each year?

The rampant "Woe is me" attitude this fanbase exhibits is really pathetic.

Just like you said, 31 teams do not with a Superbowl each year and to whine about every season you don't win a title being "fools gold" is a very dumb outlook. Sometimes you just flat out lose even if you have a great team. It is professional football and the other 31 franchises have world class players too. All you can do is put yourself in position to make the playoffs year over year and then cross your fingers. Luck is an extremely underrated part of any championship run, especially in a league like the NFL where parity is the highest of any pro sport.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know quitting when I see it. You quit once, you’ll quit again.
You quit.....when you claimed I hate Dak.

You just said it....and ran away like a quitting coward.

Show them . Show them me hating Dak.

Or you could apologize and say you were wrong. Like a real man would do.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Being a Dallas fan since 1977

Meh, been a fan since 67 and go into every season hoping to win the Super Bowl. During the season I get glad, get mad, sometimes in the same britches, jump off the bandwagon, jump back on it and most seasons end up with my heart broke. It's just part of the game. Football IS a game of emotion, there IS crying in football.

Cheering on the team doesn't make you a JJ toadie. I know this franchise is most likely screwed as long as he runs things. But it is what it is, I can't wave my hand and make him go away and not even JJ can rain on my parade. I won't allow him to It's not "fools gold" to keep hope alive. Nothing wrong with doing so.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And you....have not experienced what other people here have gone through.

Get off your high horse.

Have some grace and compassion. It's what you fought for. You didn't come back to battle and bully.

Or maybe you did.
You be you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Meh, been a fan since 67 and go into every season hoping to win the Super Bowl. During the season I get glad, get mad, sometimes in the same britches, jump off the bandwagon, jump back on it and most seasons end up with my heart broke. It's just part of the game. Football IS a game of emotion, there IS crying in football.

Cheering on the team doesn't make you a JJ toadie. I know this franchise is most likely screwed as long as he runs things. But it is what it is, I can't wave my hand and make him go away and not even JJ can rain on my parade. I won't allow him to It's not "fools gold" to keep hope alive. Nothing wrong with doing so.
Nothing wrong with hope either. And "not buying in" doesn't mean not hoping. (Not saying you think it does, just making a point because your post put the thought in my head.)