Not buying Cowboys hype

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like others I’m not buying it until we show up in the playoffs. What the Cowboys do in the regular season means absolutely nothing if they don’t perform well in the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry rocko....but you should have never called me Dak hater when I'm not. Also just admit you were wrong.

I hate this fighting but also hate the lying. Liars are bad.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Talent wise, this is a really good team. Beyond that, for the first time in forever I feel that Dallas has a tier 1 coordinator with Quinn and that makes a difference.

The real concern with these guys is the mistakes. Kellen will call one good half and then just . . . not. The penalties can just be a killer.

If I had to guess, I suspect this team will make the playoffs and win a game then lose one by shooting itself in the foot repeatedly. Its too bad because with some discipline I think this is a contender and one of the best teams in the past 25 years (which admittedly isn't saying a ton).

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Honestly its tough to buy into, I'll go into the playoffs with no expectations. Especially if we have to win every game on the road. We just haven't proven we can put together consecutive quality full games of football.

Even against the giants, we had a poor half. Thats a playoff game we may lose that game.

Don't get me wrong I like our team this year, but I won't believe until I see them in an NFC title game.

Flamma

Reaction score
What hype exactly are we talking about?

I think this year is a little different. We have a defense with attitude. I get the OP. I just think win or lose, we're a bit different this year. But it's still very difficult to get to a SB no matter what.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The difference is Dak Prescott.

I think the difference, if there is one, will be Mike McCarthy. We've had Dak Prescott and what we thought was a Super Bowl-caliber team and didn't make it to the NFC title game. McCarthy has not only made it to NFC title games, but he's won a Super Bowl. I think McCarthy understands what it takes to win. I don't know if he'll fare any better, though, because we still have the Joneses running this organization.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think the difference, if there is one, will be Mike McCarthy. We've had Dak Prescott and what we thought was a Super Bowl-caliber team and didn't make it to the NFC title game. McCarthy has not only made it to NFC title games, but he's won a Super Bowl. I think McCarthy understands what it takes to win. I don't know if he'll fare any better, though, because we still have the Joneses running this organization.
They also have the best player in the league.

black label

Reaction score
1idqh8.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They also have the best player in the league.

True. But I consider things like that a product of having a Super Bowl-winning coach. Obviously, there are others involved and there is some luck involved, but winning coaches always seem to have a little luck on their sides. Things fall into place whether by design or good fortune (and usually a combination of both).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think this year is a little different. We have a defense with attitude. I get the OP. I just think win or lose, we're a bit different this year. But it's still very difficult to get to a SB no matter what.
I’m not sure why we have to believe in anything to enjoy the ride ?

And can’t blame fans despite how different this team looks or feels to be skeptic heading into playoffs.

This will only be our 1st time making the playoffs in consecutive years since 2007. And we haven’t won a playoff road game since our 90’s SB run.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The difference is Micah.

elcowboi

Reaction score
How many times have Cowboys fans buy into the hype, only to end the season with a disappointing conclusion.

Being a Dallas fan since 1977, seeing the Cowboys, in the playoffs, were a year thing. Winning playoff games and even getting to Superbowls once and a while.

Like seasons past, it has be enjoyable, seeing the Cowboys winning more games than losing. But I am not going to buy into the FOOLS GOLD Jerry sells fans since 1995.
Jerry wins every season b/c Dallas is the richest franchise in all of sports. At very least, Top 5. On the field, can't even get to a NFC Conference game. Until this team can get to one conference finals, not falling for it.
Dak has a losing playoff record, as did Romo did. A fan of both, but neither could produce in the playoffs.
So hopefully, this is that season to get to a NFC Conference. Don't have to win the darn game, just get there. Until then...fools gold

Was the hype on sale? Did I miss something??

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to get that checked if you can’t explain it.

in all seriousness, we said that last year. And in 2018. And in 2016. And in 2014. And all the years before that extending back to 96.

When you use "we" you can always come up with someone who has said something or other. Personally I have not felt confident in a team like this one since 2007. I haven't felt more confident than I do in this one since we were winning Lombardis.

This defense is legit and the offense is scoring lots of points again. Even the special teams is playing well this season.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Find a good QB, make good coaching hires and make the playoffs consistently. Everything beyond that is largely based on year to year luck with injuries and playoff matchups.