Not buying Cowboys hype

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How many times have Cowboys fans buy into the hype, only to end the season with a disappointing conclusion.

Being a Dallas fan since 1977, seeing the Cowboys, in the playoffs, were a year thing. Winning playoff games and even getting to Superbowls once and a while.

Like seasons past, it has be enjoyable, seeing the Cowboys winning more games than losing. But I am not going to buy into the FOOLS GOLD Jerry sells fans since 1995.
Jerry wins every season b/c Dallas is the richest franchise in all of sports. At very least, Top 5. On the field, can't even get to a NFC Conference game. Until this team can get to one conference finals, not falling for it.
Dak has a losing playoff record, as did Romo did. A fan of both, but neither could produce in the playoffs.
So hopefully, this is that season to get to a NFC Conference. Don't have to win the darn game, just get there. Until then...fools gold

yawn......I guess every fan shouldnt hope their team wins. Nobody thought the Rams would win last year, and nobody thought the Eagles would win it the year they did. Yet lots of people thought the Chiefs would win last year and they "Choked," right?

dckid

Reaction score
yawn......I guess every fan shouldnt hope their team wins. Nobody thought the Rams would win last year, and nobody thought the Eagles would win it the year they did. Yet lots of people thought the Chiefs would win last year and they "Choked," right?
Disagree, the Rams were in contention all year and the Rams had made a recent superbowl and had playoff success.
The Cowboys have not won a divisional game since the 1995 season…… I will even give them the more recent date January of 1996.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hope either. And "not buying in" doesn't mean not hoping. (Not saying you think it does, just making a point because your post put the thought in my head.)

Understood and good point, and I'd say you can buy in on the team winning and not buy JJ's BS. I don't buy any Cowboy merch because of JJ and haven't been to a game since Texas Stadium so he's not making any money off me, other than I guess whatever he might get from me watching the games. So I'll watch the games, hope the team wins it all but still hate JJ with a passion and cuss him like a dog. I was a Cowboy fan long before he ever came along and hopefully will still be one long after he is gone.

plasticman

Reaction score
I am at the "prove it" stage.

My attitude is, just get in the playoffs. I have no expectations.

A while back I used a formula to determine a rank for every regular season for every team in the NFL since the merger. The formula uses the team's record for that season and how it compares to other teams in that season. it also uses scoring and yardage both offense and defense as well as turnover margin.

Based on this formula, here are their top 14 Cowboys regular seasons:

1 _ 1971
2 _ 1977
3 _ 1978
4 _ 1992
5 _ 1993
6 _ 1994
7 _ 1995
8 _ 2021
9 _ 2007
10 _ 2016
11 _ 1973
12 _ 1981
13 _ 1980
14 _ 1970

Now here is the reason why this list relates to the topic.

There are only three seasons in which the Cowboys didn't make it to the conference championship game and they are the most recent, 2007, 2016, and 2021.

Again, these are the best ranked regular seasons for the Cowboys.

The 1970 and 1971 teams went to the Super Bowl. The 1973 team lost in the conference game. The 1977 and 1978 teams went to the Super Bowl.

The 1980 and 1981 teams were Danny White's first two seasons as the starting QB, Roger Staubach retired after the 1979 season. Those two teams lost the conference game.

The four seasons 1992 to 1995 represent four consecutive conference games and three Super Bowl championships.

In fact, this list represents 11 conference championship games and 7 Super Bowl appearances. The only three seasons completely excluded from both categories are the ones in the 2000's

In other words, those teams in 2007, 2016, and 2021 had regular seasons that were just as strong as the ones that went deep into the playoffs. And, yet, they came away with nothing.

In 2021 the Cowboys were ranked #2 and lost to #10 San Fransisco.

In 2016 the Cowboys were ranked #2 again and lost to #8 Green Bay.

In 2007 the Cowboys were ranked #4 and lost to #11 New York Giants

It's not like the Cowboys have been developing bad teams, recently. They have consistently developed disappointing teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keyboard warrior huh? Tough guy.
I'm actually subservient.

I'm am asking you....begging.....to show some examples of me hating Dak. If I am so guilty as you accuse me of....should be easy. You replied several times....with zero examples.
A real man would have shown everyone... what a hater I am.

You keep hiding behind your lie.

Come on rocko.....now is the time. Show everyone what an alpha leader you are. Lead by example. Lead by your words.....not actions.

You messed up there.....lied again. Can't back up your "words"

Lecturing Hypocrite liars don't make make it very far on these streets.

Jipper

Reaction score
How many times have Cowboys fans buy into the hype, only to end the season with a disappointing conclusion.

Being a Dallas fan since 1977, seeing the Cowboys, in the playoffs, were a year thing. Winning playoff games and even getting to Superbowls once and a while.

Like seasons past, it has be enjoyable, seeing the Cowboys winning more games than losing. But I am not going to buy into the FOOLS GOLD Jerry sells fans since 1995.
Jerry wins every season b/c Dallas is the richest franchise in all of sports. At very least, Top 5. On the field, can't even get to a NFC Conference game. Until this team can get to one conference finals, not falling for it.
Dak has a losing playoff record, as did Romo did. A fan of both, but neither could produce in the playoffs.
So hopefully, this is that season to get to a NFC Conference. Don't have to win the darn game, just get there. Until then...fools gold

Two playoff wins and let's talk

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This team has a chance to put some things together on offense over the next few weeks against lesser opposition. We’ll probably know by the end of the regular season if they’ve done enough to seriously compete, but right now I think we’d fall short.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree with you 100%. After 27 years a championship game appearance is the threshold that I am looking for.
Yep....not like people are are jumping ship after a year or two.

Guys here have been fans longer than rocko been alive....and he lectures us about how to be a fan.

It'd be insulting....if not so hilariously cute.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rockport is still searching for me hating Dak.

Lol....must be hard for him. It's cool.....git im rocko!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm am asking you....begging.....to show some examples of me hating Dak. If I am so guilty as you accuse me of....should be easy. You replied several times....with zero examples.

Come on rocko.....now is the time. Show everyone what an alpha leader you are. Lead by example. Lead by your words.....not actions.

Huh! So he changed the subject and accused you of something?...Who coulda called that?

exciter

Reaction score

It’s a football game. There’s no guarantee, either the team is good enough to compete or they’re not. It looks like this year they are. Doesn’t change the rules of any given Sunday. Stop relying on a sports team for your needs of instant gratification and enjoy the season!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You’re not worth my time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh! So he changed the subject and accused you of something?...Who coulda called that?
I get accused of Dak hating frequently. I ask for an example.....and every time..... literally every time..... nobody says a peep.

Or they just double down.....no proof.

They know they are wrong.....not man enough to say it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re not worth my time.
See you guys?

This is what this "leader" with certificates does.
Makes false accusations....then can't prove it and deflects.

I'm worth his time to call me a Dak hater....and reply back to me several times. But not worth it to prove his accusations.

Don't let this coward liar lecture you about anything....not how to be a man or a fan.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

that's the fun of being a fan, we know we will be hurt and let down but we do it anyway