Not going to defend the FO anymore

RamziD

Reaction score
There is very little left from the Romo time. Witten is the only one in the skill positions. So to say that is so far off point.

But the strategy for improving the team has been the same since then.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know everybody is tired of hearing this and the thread will probably be merged anyway, but here it goes.

I’ve, for the most part, defended the FO strategy of not being too aggressive on top level free agents. I didn’t like that we were missing out on those guys, but saw incremental improvement and hoped their strategy would eventually pay off and be a sustainable way to keep the team SB competitive.

Helman’s latest tweet said we would continue this strategy now for the 6th year in a row. Where has this gotten us? Nowhere. We lucked into Prescott. If we had it our way, we would be stuck with Paxton Lynch as our QB. Maybe we overestimate how shrewd we are in the draft. Other teams use all available resources to make big turnarounds in much shorter time.

The FO strategy is only going to keep us perpetually stagnant. ET probably would’ve been a Cowboy for 4/$52M and would be a multiplier for our defense. Yet the FO quibbles over $2M/year while having no problem giving money to an unretiring Jason Witten, Jamize Olawale, and picking up $6.25M on Hurns who just suffered a horrific leg injury. This makes zero sense. The FO continues to show their incompetence and can’t be defended anymore.
Fans gotta love em when they think they know more the the Cowboys do. :lmao:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
ET was a good no signing... you’ll see

Yeah we'll see when our safety play is at the bottom of the league yet again. It is utter junk. Who cares about the money. The cap goes up constantly. Look at all these teams with much less cap space than us making moves. I think people underestimate how important safety play is in football. It is the reason the Legion Of Boom existed.

But of course, Dallas fans always assure us why every single free agent signing is a bad idea and its good we did not.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
No way I would pay Earl Thomas that much for a guy over 30 coming off just having his knee obliterated.

Personally I'd be more concerned DLaw isn't locked up and content.

Ummm what? It was a just a broken bone, He's never had a knee injury. A bone break is nothing. It heals with no issues.

tm1119

Reaction score
LOL...……...so I said we have 25 million and you are saying we have 21 million? So your arguing because you think Im off 4 million on cap numbers? LOL

So being off 4 million, even though its 25 million not 21 million, is having no clue?

Are you off your meds? Honestly.

I think you need meds because you don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point. You asked me how much cap space we have AFTER D Law, as if he wasn’t already under contract.

But regardless of that, you told me we don’t have any cap space to make moves, but now you’re telling me we have $25M. Sooo what is that you’re even trying to say? Do you know?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
HEY calm down sparkey, the FO has this in hand.... they waitin on the 3rd round of schlub FA's to hit...you wait and see we gone make a big hit with the likes of anything the other 31 teams couldn't make work on their play fields...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Ummm what? It was a just a broken bone, He's never had a knee injury. A bone break is nothing. It heals with no issues.
That isn't exactly true, this was the SAME leg he broke just prior. I heard it stated he has only played in like 19 games since like 2015, that maybe off by a year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you need meds because you don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point. You asked me how much cap space we have AFTER D Law, as if he wasn’t already under contract.

But regardless of that, you told me we don’t have any cap space to make moves, but now you’re telling me we have $25M. Sooo what is that you’re even trying to say? Do you know?

I said flat out that after Dlaw we have 25 million left. You claimed I was wrong so I asked you what you thought we had left.

You then went on a tirade saying Im clueless and we have 21 million, not 25. LOL

Which is so close in number, its inconsequential. But, your number is wrong, its 25 million. And I even sent you the link to the updated cap numbers. Which states 25 million left after Dlaw.

Yet here we sit and your still confused and still ranting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And no, I didn't say we had no cap space. I said we have 25 million. But after Dak signs, that's gone. Try proof reading something first before you go off like a fool.

Heres my initial response to you: "You guys have to get in your head that we really don't have any cap room. I know that it looks like a lot, but after the resign Dak and someone else, that money is gone."

So like a troll you read the VERY first sentence and went off on tirade. LOL

I even told you to read it again and you didn't bother. LOL

Big_D

Reaction score
Gotta love fans that are company guys all the way. The world needs some yes-men, I guess.

Plus the front office is just really great at what they do!! lol You can't question the amazing results of the past 25 years. Just top notch team management and no one can possibly do better.

visionary

Reaction score
I know everybody is tired of hearing this and the thread will probably be merged anyway, but here it goes.

I’ve, for the most part, defended the FO strategy of not being too aggressive on top level free agents. I didn’t like that we were missing out on those guys, but saw incremental improvement and hoped their strategy would eventually pay off and be a sustainable way to keep the team SB competitive.

Helman’s latest tweet said we would continue this strategy now for the 6th year in a row. Where has this gotten us? Nowhere. We lucked into Prescott. If we had it our way, we would be stuck with Paxton Lynch as our QB. Maybe we overestimate how shrewd we are in the draft. Other teams use all available resources to make big turnarounds in much shorter time.

The FO strategy is only going to keep us perpetually stagnant. ET probably would’ve been a Cowboy for 4/$52M and would be a multiplier for our defense. Yet the FO quibbles over $2M/year while having no problem giving money to an unretiring Jason Witten, Jamize Olawale, and picking up $6.25M on Hurns who just suffered a horrific leg injury. This makes zero sense. The FO continues to show their incompetence and can’t be defended anymore.

Agree with you
Just look at the so called smart football people just on this board defending this stupidity in an effort to show their uber smart cowboy fandom

Mired in mediocrity but we didn't spend in FA so we're good

tm1119

Reaction score
I said flat out that after Dlaw we have 25 million left. You claimed I was wrong so I asked you what you thought we had left.

You then went on a tirade saying Im clueless and we have 21 million, not 25. LOL

Which is so close in number, its inconsequential. But, your number is wrong, its 25 million. And I even sent you the link to the updated cap numbers. Which states 25 million left after Dlaw.

“You guys have to get in your head that we really don't have any cap room. I know that it looks like a lot, but after the resign Dak and someone else, that money is gone. Witten is a great signing at 3 million. Oluwale, they didn't even use him, but maybe someone like Moore with half a brain will. Hurns is actually a good slot receiver. But I probably would have dumped him for 6 million and signed the Tampa receiver.”

That’s the original post you made that I quoted. And again, everything about it is wrong because you have 0 understanding of how the nfl salary cap works.

No mention of d law and no mention of $25M in cap space. You clearly stated that “we really don’t have cap room.” Which again, is completely false. Even after any extension you want to name. But hey, seems fun to be delusional, good luck with that in life man.

elcowboi

Reaction score

Glad you finally realized that...hope you feel better not having to defend them anymore!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“You guys have to get in your head that we really don't have any cap room. I know that it looks like a lot, but after the resign Dak and someone else, that money is gone. Witten is a great signing at 3 million. Oluwale, they didn't even use him, but maybe someone like Moore with half a brain will. Hurns is actually a good slot receiver. But I probably would have dumped him for 6 million and signed the Tampa receiver.”

That’s the original post you made that I quoted. And again, everything about it is wrong because you have 0 understanding of how the nfl salary cap works.

No mention of d law and no mention of $25M in cap space. You clearly stated that “we really don’t have cap room.” Which again, is completely false. Even after any extension you want to name. But hey, seems fun to be delusional, good luck with that in life man.

"after we sign Dak and another guy" genius. LOL

I sent you a link showing 25 million and told you 5 times now its 25 million.

I know that it looks like a lot, but after the resign Dak and someone else, that money is gone.

Are you THAT challenged that you cant read?

Do the math genius. LOL Dak is getting around 25 million. So without Dak we have 25 million. With Dak signed its gone.

Talk about laughably clueless. LOL

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans gotta love em when they think they know more the the Cowboys do. :lmao:

One day you will start a similar thread and you too will be accepted with open arms. I will personally welcome you into my bosom.

stiletto

Reaction score

I read they can restructure several contracts to get another $15-$20 million if they want right away. I am pretty sure all teams are doing it to sign who they want anyways. The cap number goes up every year and they just kick contracts around. I think they could easily sign one or two high priced FA's but they just choose not to (because of Brandon Carr) and I am not against them not doing it but at a position of need I accept it a lot easier. Demarcus Lawrence should not be busting our cap. He's an 8 sack guy, he's not worth QB money IMO. Now if he was pulling 12-15 sacks per yr I'd prolly feel different. DLaw even if he signs a big deal won't be a full cap hit, they'll do signing bonus stuff and backload it to lower the cap hits. They always do.