Not rooting for us to lose but

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My point is that your biggest complaint was for the only thing that Garrett does that is similar to Belichick...
My biggest complaint is the years of mediocrity. The Process is just an annoyance to hear about at this stage. Win 5 Super Bowls and I'll buy the audiobook version of his book The Process: The Jason Garrett Story and listen to it in the car.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then please don't watch. No one likes a quitter so spare us your misery and just quietly follow the team.

And make sure you don't critic Dak in a negative fashion beyond that you have Rockports approval of being a good Cowboy fan.....

P.S. Make sure that your ok with a INEPT passing game....thks:eek:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And make sure you don't critic Dak in a negative fashion beyond that you have Rockports approval of being a good Cowboy fan.....

P.S. Make sure that your ok with a INEPT passing game....thks:eek:
Go wallow in your misery. You obviously enjoy that type of character.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You really need to take some time and go back and read my post and point out for me where I said I wanted us to lose. Or that I was rooting for us to lose. Or any variation of that. The closest you will come is you will see that I said I will not mourn the loss of a season if things don't end up going our way and Garrett is canned.

If you take the time to read it you will see that I'm not rooting for the team to lose. I'm only rooting for them not to win just enough 8-8, 9-7 so that Garrett gets another pass and we continue on in mediocrity. This team is too talented and he has had more than enough time to deliver something substantial.

You're right in the post you never say I want to lose, but you also seem very content if we do lose. I guess if that makes you feel better. I'm rooting to win every game that Jason Garrett is coaching our team. I feel if he won the SB some of you would actually be mad he won. You'd never admit it but there is a small part of you that would probably be sick if Garrett was holding up a SB Trophy.

Proximo

Reaction score
I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you basing the bolded statement on?

Any actual evidence to support that?

If anything, it’s pretty hard to dispute that Garrett has an uncanny ability to not lose the locker room. I certainly haven’t seen any evidence to suggest he’s losing them right now.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're right in the post you never say I want to lose, but you also seem very content if we do lose. I guess if that makes you feel better. I'm rooting to win every game that Jason Garrett is coaching our team. I feel if he won the SB some of you would actually be mad he won. You'd never admit it but there is a small part of you that would probably be sick if Garrett was holding up a SB Trophy.
You are incorrect. Go back read my response to America's Cowboy when he asked what I would think if we made the playoffs. I doubt it will matter since you seem to have made up your mind that you know what I'm thinking.

To be very clear, I am never NOT rooting for this team to succeed. I am NOT rooting for Garrett to fail. I've rooted for him every year to be successful. All I am stating, and I feel like I laid it out pretty well in the OP, is that if it goes south and it results in Garrett getting the boot, that's not going to cause me to shed a tear. The thing that would suck is if it goes south and we keep him anyway.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hard to lose a locker Room when you demand nothing from your players. How about the last week of training camp in California we had a couple games close together and he comes out and says we won't be putting on pads this last week cause were pretty tired
Not word for word but that was the jist. I know there's hardcore players like Lee and company were getting mighty sick of the clap clap crap .

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you basing the bolded statement on?

Any actual evidence to support that?

If anything, it’s pretty hard to dispute that Garrett has an uncanny ability to not lose the locker room. I certainly haven’t seen any evidence to suggest he’s losing them right now.
Nah, just spitballing. I don't think he's lost them but I have to think some of the longtime vets have to be getting to the point where they are seeing the process hasn't brought results so it just starts to ring hollow.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would pay a 5 million $ payment on a car that only started once or twice over an 8 year span? Pretty much sums up the clapper

Hadenough

Reaction score
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.
Amen brother! I'm sick of him never accepting responsibility for having the team ready and play calling and game management!
He always preaches getting better but he is the only one who isn't getting better.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You are incorrect. Go back read my response to America's Cowboy when he asked what I would think if we made the playoffs. I doubt it will matter since you seem to have made up your mind that you know what I'm thinking.

To be very clear, I am never NOT rooting for this team to succeed. I am NOT rooting for Garrett to fail. I've rooted for him every year to be successful. All I am stating, and I feel like I laid it out pretty well in the OP, is that if it goes south and it results in Garrett getting the boot, that's not going to cause me to shed a tear. The thing that would suck is if it goes south and we keep him anyway.

I'll break it down by line how I understand your first post.

"At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope. "

-Ok so you say you think 2 things are gonna happen. We finish a little above average or we suck. First option Jason keeps his job, second Jason loses his job.
Did I get that part right?

"I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG. "

Here you make it clear that you will never root for the Cowboys to lose or in other words you hope we go 9-7 ( which appears to be your best case scenario for us ) and maybe make the playoffs, implying you want another year of Jason. HOWEVER, then you say the big word.... BUT if we do lose and it means Garrett is fired then you won't be very sad about it. You've seen enough of Garrett, which implies even more you are leaning towards 6-10 (losing) more then winning ( keepings Garret ).

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach. "

You then reiterate how you are sick of looking at him ( implying the 6-10 route aka losing is the route you want ) and that you want him to leave and take the process somewhere else ( still implying you hope we go 6-10 ) "We need a shot of adrenaline ( aka we need to lose and get rid of Garrett for a hungry coach ) AKA LOSING.

-You clearly have no issue with the Dallas Cowboys losing to get a new coach. If you deny that then you should go edit your entire first post.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If we don't make a deep playoff run this year , then Jason must be fired.

Its been more than enough time, 9 years ... more than enough changes .

Forget about if we go 8-8 or 9-7 ... if he doesn't take us anywhere in the post season ... boot his *** ! This year !

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*This* is the version of this thread we needed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, how about this? I hope we don't win just enough to narrowly miss or squeak into the playoffs if we get bounced in rd 1, giving Jerry false hope that we are once again just one year away from putting it all together. Now, if we squeak into the playoffs and go on a deep run, then like I said in my previous reply to America's cowboy, I will happily eat my Crow upon seeing him signed to an extension.

I truly hope that I have worded this eloquently enough to mend all of the hurt feelings out there.

Now that's a pipe dream.
lol. You have not said anything differently. You simply added some sarcasm.

Some people can be pro-lose hoping for a positive outcome. Others can be pro-win hoping for a positive outcome. The differences between both approaches usually prompts the latter to criticize the former since it is not impossible for the shared outcome to occur.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll break it down by line how I understand your first post.

"At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope. "

-Ok so you say you think 2 things are gonna happen. We finish a little above average or we suck. First option Jason keeps his job, second Jason loses his job.
Did I get that part right?
Yes

"I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG. "

Here you make it clear that you will never root for the Cowboys to lose or in other words you hope we go 9-7 ( which appears to be your best case scenario for us ) and maybe make the playoffs, implying you want another year of Jason.
This is not a "best case scenario" unless we make a deep run. If we barely slip in and are booted round 1, it gives Jerry another excuse to keep him around. So no, it's not implying that I would want another year of JG under this scenario. It's the 1 scenario I don't want to see happen. If we go on a run and finish 12-4, 11-5 great! If they get booted in the first round after that, I probably won't be thrilled about keeping him depending on how that game went, but I could understand it a heck of a lot better than the 9-7 scenario.

HOWEVER, then you say the big word.... BUT if we do lose and it means Garrett is fired then you won't be very sad about it. You've seen enough of Garrett, which implies even more you are leaning towards 6-10 (losing) more then winning ( keepings Garret ).

Nope. Explained in above answer, and several times throughout this thread. Go big or get out. We go to the NFCC or SB, then that would be awesome and I will lead the Garrett parade and high 5 him at the contract extension signing.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach. "

You then reiterate how you are sick of looking at him ( implying the 6-10 route aka losing is the route you want ) and that you want him to leave and take the process somewhere else ( still implying you hope we go 6-10 ) "We need a shot of adrenaline ( aka we need to lose and get rid of Garrett for a hungry coach ) AKA LOSING.
Yes. I'm sick of looking at him and if we continue to lose this season I want him gone. That doesn't mean I WANT to lose to make it happen. It means, if he continues to fail, I've had enough. How many years do you give to someone to get the job done? Have you not noticed that this team is only good every other year under Garrett? Why is that? Maybe something to do with weak schedules coming off a bad season and strong schedules coming off good ones? Then let's not forget the trifecta of 8-8 years he strung together. How much mediocrity can you stomach? I'm full up myself.

Yes, I do think we need a shot of adrenaline and if he can't do it, then I want someone that will.

-You clearly have no issue with the Dallas Cowboys losing to get a new coach. If you deny that then you should go edit your entire first post.
What is clear, is that you read the title to my thread and decided that the person that wrote it wanted us to tank the season and began reading and responding to the post with that slant tainting your perspective, and now that you've started this conversation from that viewpoint, you won't be swayed into believing otherwise.

kskboys

Reaction score
I want us to either get it together and go on a deep playoff run or I want us to lose. I hate being 8-8.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Okay I'll give you that. I most likely read the title and read your post with that mind set. With what I read from Cowboy fans anymore it's hard not to believe they intend for the worse.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The OP is trying to have it both ways. Thinks we're all stupid to not realize that.