***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Well, when you are at home and getting routed and players are standing around laughing that's telling. No one is held accountable for anything. For the Billionth time, we are not going anywhere until Jerry hires a real coach and gives him total control. That HAS to happen and it will happen but don't plan on it happening any time soon. I'm tired of the delay of game calls, the bad play calling, Garrett clapping when we are down by 3 scores. Garrett is just happy to be the coach and knows Jerry is the only one stupid enough to hire him........and keep him regardless of the results. Jerry is getting richer while the team is going downhill. I think Jerry used to care about winning but its all about the money. As long as its rolling in and increasing by the year, he's going to stick with what's working regardless of wins and losses.......

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo looks done to me.

It could finally be true this time..

But you've been on his butt for years now, so any statement from you on this topic falls into the "even a broke clock is right twice a day category"
Just sayin, woody
:D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think it is too soon to go against Romo. Yes he played bad but it happens to the best of them. If the play continues against Tennessee then I think the Cowboys staff should consider benching him.

Weeden to me isn't any better but I also believe that Weeden would of made those throws to Williams in the post or Harris in the endzone. The reason is Weeden knows his job is to try and get rid of the ball ASAP and let the skill players do their job. Romo tries his best to create plays if Dez Bryant or Beasley isn't open. We will see what happens in the next couple of games but Romo played like a guy who is worried about his health (as he should be).

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He was awful, no way around it. Not ready to see him benched, but it's looking more and more like they have to address the position next offseason.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Lol he was just terrible. Next level bad. Just hope he can get his **** together in the coming weeks, bc it's a long season. Unless we decide to gun for that number one pick.

sbark

Reaction score
I think he bought into the preseason hype on "just throw it up toward Dez" the media was feeding us a steady does of...............
Not impressed with Linehan's offense---Escobar got a good days rest, did we see any bunch sets, not allot of pre-snap motion, didn't run in beast mode inside the 5 in the 1st half, Dunbar flashed and then poof--gone

dstovall5

Reaction score
I guess if you're always saying Romo sucks, he's done, this is the year he declines, yada yada yada, you'll eventually be right. Well it's looking like this potentially could be the year, darn man.

mr-t-crying.gif

Hailmary

Reaction score
What concerns me the most is that Romo has been missing his short/intermediate routes by sailing the ball high. I think this could be a sign that he can't torque his back like he needs to in order to get his normal accuracy.

This was the most concerning part of his performance for me as well. Didn't Troy's passes start sailing on him as well when his back finally did him in?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Romo had a bad game. Even the greats have them. Doesn't mean he needs benched over it. Anyone thinking that, is a total idiot.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
He had a bad game, it happens to football players. If it continues a few more weeks than I'll worry

cml750

Reaction score
As a person who had back surgery for the same injury as Romo at the same age, I had a feeling he would never be the same. I know I am not the same man I used to be. Hard to blame him for trying. Who know he could bounce back next week but I have my doubts.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Romo looks done to me.

This. He's not right. He has no zip on his passes now. He is floating everything. In the 2nd half, he could not even complete a simple dump off to Murray. He looks terrible.

A lot of people in the offseason said to not worry about his 2nd back surgery in a year span or the amount of practices he was missing.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Nobody can defend that terrible performance.

Time for @5Stars to come and tell everyone how dumb they are for blaming tony.

I dont think anyone will rush to Tony's defense today. 5 Stars is pretty objective so Im noit sure where you get your perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.