***Official bench Romo or Romo stunk Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyz

Reaction score
It's not just his throws mentally he isn't processing the game the ball should be out of there quicker

Slim_JD

Reaction score
It's more than a bad game. It goes deeper than that. He has absolutely no zip or velocity on his passes. None.

Yea, not to me. He looked more indecisive and rusty to me. He was throwing into triple coverage and missing open guys. It's all mental imo

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yea, not to me. He looked more indecisive and rusty to me. He was throwing into triple coverage and missing open guys. It's all mental imo

Rusty how? He missed just one game last year and participated in training camp and preseason. Where does the rust stem from?

DFWJC

Reaction score

That's what ESPN is calling it...rust.

Another 2-3 games looking like like Eli, and we maybe should be thinking this is real.

Plankton

Reaction score
Pain or discomfort impacts decision making.

I do not believe that Romo is 100%. He's probably not close to that. That being said, if he's on the field, and taking snaps, then he should be considered 100%. Romo is tough, but he was a compromised player, and played like it today. He wasn't decisive in his throws or his reads. Many times, he was watching the pass rushers instead of looking down the field. He had a few occasions where he was looking behind himself, and acting surprised that the rush wasn't on top of him. His legs did not look steady under him, and he floated throws all game long. He hit two skinny posts early where he looked decisive, but after that, he was off the reservation.

If he's not 100%, and not 100% confident in his back, he shouldn't be playing. Romo, despite what he thinks, isn't helping the team if he's playing injured.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Held the ball too long
Threw into coverage
Threw late over the middle
Lacked velocity and accuracy

$100 million was a tad much I'd say

Reactions: Ren

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Well, you can't bench Romo without starting Weeden. To me, that means benching Romo isn't an option.

He's not getting benched so people need to stop suggesting it. He's Jerry's guy, Garrett's headache, and he's the Cowboys' bank right now.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score

I do not believe that Romo is 100%. He's probably not close to that. That being said, if he's on the field, and taking snaps, then he should be considered 100%. Romo is tough, but he was a compromised player, and played like it today. He wasn't decisive in his throws or his reads. Many times, he was watching the pass rushers instead of looking down the field. He had a few occasions where he was looking behind himself, and acting surprised that the rush wasn't on top of him. His legs did not look steady under him, and he floated throws all game long. He hit two skinny posts early where he looked decisive, but after that, he was off the reservation.

If he's not 100%, and not 100% confident in his back, he shouldn't be playing. Romo, despite what he thinks, isn't helping the team if he's playing injured.
true ,true and true...The one to Harris was Brett like...it just turned out well. two more games like that and it's time to call it.

I'm not saying yet....We could be knee Jerking the hell out of this one,but about 120 snaps from now the track record won't lie

DFWJC

Reaction score

After the 1st hard bit, he was wincing all game.
You may be right.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He's not getting benched so people need to stop suggesting it. He's Jerry's guy, Garrett's headache, and he's the Cowboys' bank right now.

Not only is he not getting benched, he's going to be the starter for the next two years no matter how badly he does because of the amount he's getting paid. I don't think the team will even be able to justify spending a high pick on a QB the next year or two, due to Romo's contract.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
You can't bench Romo. His game is off as he was too limited heading into the season. I was mad but cooler heads prevail.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It's not just his throws mentally he isn't processing the game the ball should be out of there quicker

he also is not surveying the field,there were wide open guys out there which he would have not missed in previous seasons.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Not only is he not getting benched, he's going to be the starter for the next two years no matter how badly he does because of the amount he's getting paid. I don't think the team will even be able to justify spending a high pick on a QB the next year or two, due to Romo's contract.

i think you are wrong.If we really stink this year then we will draft a QB.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
IMO, Romo is old, and his reaction time is slow. He even looks years older on the new SI cover.

He's washed up.

Zman5

Reaction score
I am a Romo supporter but he looked bad physically and mentally. Making wrong reads can be blamed on rust but some of those lob floater throws looked really bad.

Witten looked bad his first game after the spleen surgery. Everyone thought he was done only to have a record year. I guess we have to wait and see about Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.