Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Shane612

Reaction score
We have to pay someone.

In no world do NFL teams not start the best QB available to them.

Your plan of starting Rush doesn't do anything unless you're actively trying to lose football games.
So, do they have to use up all of their salary cap space.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I turned the game off before any interceptions. He was bad from drive 1. Inaccurate throws, staring down receivers, inability to find an open man or make a decision. Now comes the awkward part, how to move on to the next era. He will never win, no way, aint happening, its over. Except it probably isnt.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I'm sorry failed season or not, you cannot extend this man after this year. You start over. Giving him a contract would be bad. This is the best team he's had and he cannot for once elevate the team.

Yes I know the defense hasn't been good in both of our losses, but the offense can at times elevate a defense. Can give it momentum, and he isnt' the guy to do that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Since always. Who wouldn't want an upgrade at QB?

You think Bills fans don't wish Josh Allen was Patrick Mahomes?

Dak's pretty good but not elite. I've always said that.
You did a lot of arguing with people who had him in the Cousins/Carr range.

But whatever, everyone here knows quite well how you conducted yourself in the Dak debates.

plymkr

Reaction score
All this talk of trading Dak. We can’t. He has a no trade clause. So unless he waves it and even if he did there’s still the salary cap to deal with.

What we can do is bench him. Keep Rush as QB2 and make Lance QB1. That scenario might become reality if we keep losing and Dak keeps regressing. The way Dak played tonight I don’t see us beating the Chargers, Eagles, Dolphins, Bills.

The only thing we can do is bench him and give Lance a shot. I’m hoping that happens after the bye. If Dak has another multi pick game next week and we lose then things will get very interesting. Lance will be talked about a lot. Personally I hope he spirals and we keep losing. I think that’s better for the long term future of the team.

I also agree with some other poster. I think his teammates are getting sick of him, especially the defensive ones.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I'm sorry failed season or not, you cannot extend this man after this year. You start over. Giving him a contract would be bad. This is the best team he's had and he cannot for once elevate the team.

Yes I know the defense hasn't been good in both of our losses, but the offense can at times elevate a defense. Can give it momentum, and he isnt' the guy to do that.

This, 3 games against the niners and he has more interceptions than TD’s, H—- NO to anything moving forward with this QB, seen enough.

plymkr

Reaction score

The only time the offense is good is when the defense scores points. When the defense doesn’t get the momentum and the lead the offense is trash.

Nav22

Reaction score
You did a lot of arguing with people who had him in the Cousins/Carr range.

But whatever, everyone here knows quite well how you conducted yourself in the Dak debates.
He's objectively better than both of them, but still not elite.

This was your "gotcha" moment?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
So, do they have to use up all of their salary cap space.
There's a salary floor as well.

"While the NFL has a salary cap, it also has a salary floor, so teams cannot hold onto money in perpetuity. Teams must spend at least 89% of the cap over a four-year period, while the NFL as a whole must spend at least 95% of the cap."

plymkr

Reaction score
Completely disregard what I just said. For some reason it showed up in the reply. That’s pretty funny

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, I know but I think 100 wins is doable before Cooper hits 27 Ls.
Wishful thinking.

If "any QB" could do what Dak does, then guys like Dak wouldn't get paid. But they do.

He's not Mahomes but he's better than Cooper Rush. Let's not go crazy.