Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

NeverBeGameOver

Reaction score
Dak isn't the same without his wheels. I have no doubt he was a better player in past years than he his now. People forget that when he first started, he became known as an anti-Romo in that he didn't throw picks and make the big mistake. Fast forward to now, he's the total opposite. What's worse is that suddenly he can't play from behind, this wasn't always a problem with him.

Big game losses have gotten in his head, and i'm pretty sure tonight's game broke him mentally. Hate to say it, but I think he's done. Still a good team, but only with an outside shot of making the superbowl with him at QB. Will take a lucky run of opposing injuries and big turnovers on defense each game.

Brax

Reaction score
Since always. Who wouldn't want an upgrade at QB?

You think Bills fans don't wish Josh Allen was Patrick Mahomes?

Dak's pretty good but not elite. I've always said that.
That was pretty good? That was another Dakchoka special, but he’s a top 10 QB according to those nameless execs, players and coaches, durrrrr. Come on this game was classic Dak, 10 points, Dak is good when playing the scub teams it’s just who he is.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Wishful thinking.

If "any QB" could do what Dak does, then guys like Dak wouldn't get paid. But they do.

He's not Mahomes but he's better than Cooper Rush. Let's not go crazy.
I'm not so sure about that, what NFL starter besides Dak misses Cooks down the sideline or holds the ball in an obvious throw away situation...Dak is not top 32. Might not be top 50 after tonight's game. This kind of game ends careers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the defense is not getting turnovers creating short fields or even scoring, then Dak cant carry the team.

I'm sorry, but for $50 million a year I expect a little bit more from my QB.

I expect to be at least competitive with the big boys of the league, not get dog walked unless we are playing a doormat.

Cebrin

Reaction score
You know Dak is absolutely trash at this juncture that we have to condense the forums anger to a singular thread. Dak isn't the worst QB in the league by a mile.

However, we have a very young talented team (for the most part) that to me is being wasted on his inability to have the intangibles to grow as a player at this juncture.

I have defended Dak tooth and nail to some of my favorite zoners. Yet, now I have lost patience, and the front office should be losing it as well. There's absolutely no excuse. The offense is the most stacked I've seen it in years, and yet "no one is open" or whatever.

I'm convinced at this point that Josh Dobbs could run this offense better.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What’s Wentz up to these days? Can’t be any worse……
Only 11 quarterbacks in the NFL, when the season started, had thrown more touchdown passes than Wentz since 2017. But this upcoming draft is worth “going with what you have”. Even if you think you have your QB1, a top 6 or 7 draft choice is going to worth a fortune in draft capital. Wentz will resurface, likely with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers or Edmonton Elks. He is very wealthy, happily married, and in every picture of him he’s smiling. His NFL career is over.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
You know Dak is absolutely trash at this juncture that we have to condense the forums anger to a singular thread. Dak isn't the worst QB in the league by a mile.

However, we have a very young talented team (for the most part) that to me is being wasted on his inability to have the intangibles to grow as a player at this juncture.

I have defended Dak tooth and nail to some of my favorite zoners. Yet, now I have lost patience, and the front office should be losing it as well. There's absolutely no excuse. The offense is the most stacked I've seen it in years, and yet "no one is open" or whatever.

I'm convinced at this point that Josh Dobbs could run this offense better.

At least Dobbs gives you the run threat.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only 11 quarterbacks in the NFL, when the season started, had thrown more touchdown passes than Wentz since 2017. But this upcoming draft is worth “going with what you have”. Even if you think you have your QB1, a top 6 or 7 draft choice is going to worth a fortune in draft capital. Wentz will resurface, likely with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers or Edmonton Elks. He is very wealthy, happily married, and in every picture of him he’s smiling. His NFL career is over.
I need to buy you a sarcasm meter. I don’t want him anywhere near Dallas :thumbup:

Shane612

Reaction score
There's a salary floor as well.

"While the NFL has a salary cap, it also has a salary floor, so teams cannot hold onto money in perpetuity. Teams must spend at least 89% of the cap over a four-year period, while the NFL as a whole must spend at least 95% of the cap."
If Dak isn't willing to take a pay cut, screw him.
Pay Rush more money and have him play for two years while the future QB is being groomed.
Don't offer Dak anymore top money. He isn't worth it.