Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

zeke21

Reaction score
As to the suggestion that Dak doesn't "have enough weapons".. ffs he has legit had more weapons almost every single year of his career than 90% of other teams. Even with OLine injuries.. it is a solid line. Talk to Daniel Jones about what poor OLine play looks like.. or Russell Wilson (he is playing poorly but at one point the Broncos Oline actually looked like statues).. Dak has ALWAYS had a heap of time in the pocket.

I would agree the defence got beat up by SF.. and there are big question marks on our ability to stop the run and the subsequent play action. However.. I feel the defence almost drops its head when they see the offence stink it up. yes the D gives up a long TD first up.. but then the offence has a quick 3 and out.. and then defence is back out there. They get the stop. The Offence then puts another horried 3 and out effort.. the D steps up and gets another stop. Then the Offence has an immediate turn over and the D has to defend a short field.. which they do.. and get the ball back. So at this stage we are down one score and have a TD each.. the defence has stabalised.. and then our offence puts up another very very short series and can't make any impact. Gives SF another very short field to work back from.. and they score the TD. At that stage.. I think the D gets a little deflated and I do think Micah starts to drop his head (which is an issue - minor but I'd like to see an adjustment).

I realise when we are halfway through the 3rd we are chasing the game.. but realistically we are 2 scores down.. that is not insurmountable. Plenty of time and enough weapons. The D at that stage had shown that they could get some stops at times. Then Dak gives away 3 interceptions in a hurry and its all over.

For me.. this loss goes on Dak and the offence. As I said after the Cardinal game.. you can't expect the defence to be lights out every single game. And at the end of the first quarter the D were doing their job.. they had given up an opening TD but then recovered. No D can defend continual short fields especially against a very very good offence in SF. Also TOP makes a difference when you are trying to stop guys like CMC. Our offence had to find a way to at least take some time off the clock and pick up a few first downs. The fact that we don't seem to have any 'go to' plays that can pick up 3-4 yards every time is a worry. I was not a fan of KM but he didn't have a few things in the play book that could give Dak a couple of easy completions to get him going and move the chains. I think MM needs to work on this.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It is time for Jerry to get real. Start drafting QBs every year. Don't just get satisfied with the first shiny toy as it may be fool's gold. Keep drafting QBs every year even if you think you found the next Staubach.

Frankly, with how disproportionally the QB effects the game, it should be standard practice across the league.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Click
bArIrPj.png
for audio

^ 41 seconds of Stephen A. Smith being as fake as Jerry Jones. Wrong or right, a truthteller would tell his 'good friend' Jerry Jones is as much of a problem as Dak Prescott and then advise his 'good friend' to do something about his quarterback and himself as general manager. Nope. He makes tweets about 'A' problem he has screaming about for years but not an obvious problem he will never talk about because 'you can't divide him and his Libra brother'.

Stephen A. Smith can eat glass and make my day.

Stephen A thinking every famous person that he knows is his friend is pretty funny to me

Surfguy

Reaction score
Trade Dak for Russell Wilson. At least Russell isn’t afraid to run.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You ride with Dak the rest of the season.

You trade him for whatever you can get in the off-season.

Start Lance next year. See what you got.

If he sucks, the teams record likely isn’t very good. Then you package picks for the best QB you can obtain the following draft and cross your fingers.
If Dak continues to have stinkers against good teams, and middling games against weak teams as he has done this year then you have to bench him no later than game 10 so that we can get a head start on seeing what Lance has to offer. We also have to actually start drafting QBs higher.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak continues to have stinkers against good teams, and middling games against weak teams as he has done this year then you have to bench him no later than game 10 so that we can get a head start on seeing what Lance has to offer. We also have to actually start drafting QBs higher.
That’s really nice wishful thinking on your part but it ain’t gonna happen.

Him getting cut or traded in the off-season though. That is a real possibility.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Are we finally in agreement that Dak is not the answer? Or are there still some holdouts?
Oh, there are definitely hold outs. I don't even this a first round playoff exit, if we even make the playoffs that will not convince them. They will blame, the offensive coordinator, the WRs, the RBs, the O-line, the defense, the GM for not getting the right players, etc. It is everyone's fault but Dak. They like top say, we lost as a team. Neverminded that we all know if we need Dak to win us a game, do not hold your breath.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That’s really nice wishful thinking on your part but it ain’t gonna happen.

Him getting cut or traded in the off-season though. That is a real possibility.
Still gotta paint by the numbers via speculation. Otherwise we all might as well just stare at the walls.

Trajan

Reaction score
It is time for Jerry to get real. Start drafting QBs every year. Don't just get satisfied with the first shiny toy as it may be fool's gold. Keep drafting QBs every year even if you think you found the next Staubach.

Frankly, with how disproportionally the QB effects the game, it should be standard practice across the league.
Nope, not Jerruh’s MO. He is a wildcatter, got lucky with Romo and Dak. We play by Jerruh rules, and will not win.

The team seems to have no real strategy it. Jerruh and company pick players they like, many who are actually good players, but are they drafted to fit one big plan?

Really, Trey Lance is now the future. Can he become a starter in the league ? Who knows, but We have another year at least of Dak, because Jerruh gave him a contract that will prevent him from being cut, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see an extension for Jerruh, just to push off the money.

Time to get on the Tre Lance fan wagon !

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just spoke with my cousin, Stevie Wonder.
He simply smiled, moved his head side to side and said, "I told you. Saw it all along."

Cmac

Reaction score
CeeDee open all night? How come every bad game there are apologist for the #1 WR? Maybe the WR routes are HS level then.

offlimits

Reaction score
Not sure there is a QB in next year's draft (maybe the kid from USC) that will go in the 1st rd.... but the 2nd and 3rd rds? I can see 6-7 really good prospects available there. Draft one. If you see a kid that you really like, move up if necessary and get him. I screamed for Jones to draft one last year in the 3rd-4rd.