Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Nav22

Reaction score
But, dur, dur, dur, why you now flopping like a fish out of water! I thought you knew this "sport"...dur, dur, dur!
I've been right about literally everything in regards to Dak. I know that's tough to accept.
:thumbup:

Nav22

Reaction score
Lol. You just like playing devil’s advocate.

SF and other teams have shown the benefit for eating contracts (or high picks) of QB’s that have shown the team their perceived ceiling. Dallas does not do business like that with the QB position. A QB that can get you into the postseason (which is basically half the league now) is good enough to give market rate extensions to. Some GM’s/front offices want more because their jobs are not guaranteed no matter the results (and the team does not turn high profits with just a playoff appearance).

Other teams roll the dice repeatedly to try to hit on this position till they get something they see championship potential in (sometimes with the same front office and sometimes with completely new staff). This team stops rolling at making playoffs every year or two.
I give them credit for trading up for Trey Lance when they already had a "decent" QB in Jimmy G, but I think that was mostly because of Jimmy's injuries.

Brock Purdy? Nah, that's just blind luck. Kurt Warner/Tom Brady/Tony Romo level.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I don’t care how much the quarterback makes if he doesn’t give you the best chance to win.

You cannot say with certainty that Rayne gives you the best chance to win over Rush and/or Lance.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I give them credit for trading up for Trey Lance when they already had a "decent" QB in Jimmy G, but I think that was mostly because of Jimmy's injuries.

Brock Purdy? Nah, that's just blind luck. Kurt Warner/Tom Brady/Tony Romo level.
They have no problem moving on quickly. They don’t have the luxury of lifetime contracts. If Shanahan and Lynch did not see championship level with Lance, they quickly cut their losses and moved on. Who cares if it was luck or careful consideration?

Too many on this board are terrified to spend any seasons as bottom dwellers. That is Jones’ Achilles heel-trying to bring the band back.

Nav22

Reaction score
They have no problem moving on quickly. They don’t have the luxury of lifetime contracts. If Shanahan and Lynch did not see championship level with Lance, they quickly cut their losses and moved on. Who cares if it was luck or careful consideration?

Too many on this board are terrified to spend any seasons as bottom dwellers. That is Jones’ Achilles heel-trying to bring the band back.
Easy to "move on from Trey Lance" after the 3rd string QB lights up the league!
:laugh:

If Dak gets hurt and his backup looks like the next Tom Brady, I promise you we'll "move on" too.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Call out?

Really? We get mollywhopped in every way and this is what is on your mind?

Well...I am officially on the don't extend Dak train and, if he keeps playing like this, ready to see Trey Lance at some point.
Our season isn't over because of this loss....but it did show this team has a long way to go.

The careless picks and smile was it for me.

Thank you! So proud that you can come clean...smiling all the way to the sideline, then just goes sits all by himself and stares into space.

Aftershock

Reaction score
The bold part is still funny.

Nobody knew how good Brock Purdy would be, he was a 7th-round flier.

The 49ers lucked into him after Trey Lance, the guy they traded the stars and moon for, looked like a potential bust AND got injured.

Purdy only saw the field because their top TWO QBs got hurt last year.

That counts as "knowing how to evaluate QB talent"?

So if Dak gets hurt next year and some late-round flier QB lights up the league and takes his job, would that be a product of the Cowboys magically learning "how to evaluate QB talent"?

Or just blind luck?
At the end of the day, they still drafted him. Did anyone think he was going to beat a world beater? No. Did they evaluate him in the draft and take him? Yes. They took a risk, both Qb's got injured, and he got his opportunity and never gave it back. And what Kyle has done to nurture him and provide him a good team I would take any day over what we have in Dak and Fat Mike.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said that in 2017.
I had a lot of faith in him until after he injured his ankle in 2020. He appeared to bounce back great from it the following year, but it all changed when he injured his calf after the win over Minnesota. He became inconsistent and gradually began losing his confidence. I’m convinced we’re not going to win anything with him. It’s time for the Cowboys to start looking for another QB.

Reaction score
complaining about officiating is something that fans of loosing teams do. We need to be better than that!

Blitzen

Reaction score
Easy to "move on from Trey Lance" after the 3rd string QB lights up the league!
:laugh:

If Dak gets hurt and his backup looks like the next Tom Brady, I promise you we'll "move on" too.
Purdy does not look like the next Tom Brady. He would not have that success with the Cowboys. That team can turn pretty good QB’s into 12-14 game winners.

Get a guy that fully understands play action off a run first team, very accurate within 25 yards from the line of scrimmage, decent maneuverability, and most important of all (enough guts to not crap yourself when playing in this league). Several guys like that within this league and in every draft-most of those guys never get the chance because someone already has a reservation on the starting or backup spot-or they get started on a team without SF’s overall talent level and coaching staff.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I told you he wasn't the answer last year.
I said last year it that he had regressed, and it wasn’t looking good with him, but that I would give him this season. I’ve seen enough and am convinced he’s not the answer.

Nav22

Reaction score
At the end of the day, they still drafted him. Did anyone think he was going to beat a world beater? No. Did they evaluate him in the draft and take him? Yes. They took a risk, both Qb's got injured, and he got his opportunity and never gave it back. And what Kyle has done to nurture him and provide him a good team I would take any day over what we have in Dak and Fat Mike.
Right, I'm just saying it takes a great deal of luck as well.

Finding a stud like Purdy where they did is needle-in-a-haystack stuff.

Tom Brady in the 6th round stuff.

Nav22

Reaction score
Purdy does not look like the next Tom Brady. He would not have that success with the Cowboys. That team can turn pretty good QB’s into 12-14 game winners.

Get a guy that fully understands play action off a run first team, very accurate within 25 yards from the line of scrimmage, decent maneuverability, and most important of all (enough guts to not crap yourself when playing in this league). Several guys like that within this league and in every draft-most of those guys never get the chance because someone already has a reservation on the starting or backup spot-or they get started on a team without SF’s overall talent level and coaching staff.
Brock Purdy's a monster.

The sooner you accept that, the better you'll feel.

Or worse. I don't know. I'm numb.

"12-14 game winners"?

You realize Brock is literally 12-0 in games he finishes (including playoffs), right?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe just maybe this is the game to where the Jones admit to themselves that Dak isn't the guy and de3cude to not extend him.

You think them hillbillies are smart enough to understand that? They are counting their money, screw the Cowboys.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Brock Purdy's a monster.

The sooner you accept that, the better you'll feel.

Or worse. I don't know. I'm numb.

"12-14 game winners"?

You realize Brock is literally 12-0 in games he finishes (including playoffs), right?

Lol-Purdy is a monster. Yeah right. Without McCaffrey and Kittle that team is more like a ten win team. Take out a few elite players from their offense and they would quickly develop into a good not great team. Take Greenlaw and Bosa out and the defense suddenly looks pretty suspect at times. Purdy somehow being comped to Brady-thank you bro. :lmao:

Hadenough

Reaction score
So this is just an opportunity to slam Prescott. It’s not an opportunity to tell you what really happened.
This was no surprise to me. I saw it coming because I've seen it before. If your ok with one and playoffs than good for you. But I think this argument about DAk being elite has been squashed and squashed for a while now. I actually think we ought to start arguing about whether he's a top 20 quarterback at least against the 49ers he doesn't play like one.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Someone should send Dak a link to this thread. Let him know what his fans REALLY think about him.

Or those of us who live here in the DFW area.... Dak lives in Prosper, around 5 miles from the training facility in Frisco. Gather up as many #4 jerseys you can find and toss them into his front yard.